ETS 2

RODHA

Re: ETS 2

Post by RODHA »

Guil wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:24 am Are you sure you have it unticked though because any truck in the game should go over 90 with no trailer. Are you trying to accelerate past 90?
I've a Volvo FH with 600hp and 6x4 chassis. I did try accelerating over 90 with both CC and manually. Neither worked.

Btw, I've found this beauty: https://www.msi.com/Desktop/Trident-3
Almost the size of a PS4 and according a lot of reviews it works like a charm.
It is expensive but if I get this, I can use it for both gaming and work.
And it should last at least 7-8 years for me.
I'll go for the GTX1060 version though. That is more than enough for the games I play, FS17 and ETS2.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

You must have the wrong option unticked if it's still limited.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Probably. I'll check tonight.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

Had a quick look at those laptops, damn they are expensive. Top of the range is €5500 :shock:

To buy the desktop with the 1060 in Ireland it's about €2000, I'm fairly sure you could get much better value by buying all the components separately.

I think I'm going to stick with mostly heavy haulage for myself after buying that lovely 8x4.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

What? :shock: Absolutely not. I would never give that much money to a PC.
MSI Trident is around €1500.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

Depends on the spec. There's an i7 for €1999 or an i5 for €1440ish. Spending that money though I'd be looking for somewhere that I could return to a shop with problems.

http://www.currys.ie/mobile/product/msi ... 22/401.2.2?&

https://www.cheaplaptops.ie/msi-trident ... kOdlnjLfqA
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Yeah you might be better of building a desktop. Normally they're cheaper then a laptop with the same specs. Just my opinion though, good luck getting one
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

MSI Trident is not a laptop :biggrin2: It just looks like one.
It is a desktop pc in a compact case.
My config is around €1500 with i7 and gtx1060.
I don't want to get into building up a pc because I need a plug'n play solution.
PS5 / FS22
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

Smith Modding wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:18 pm True, which is why an antivirus scan would help, and if that doesn't detect anything, backup important files (personal documents, games, etc) and do a hard reset of the computer. Make sure you have a recovery drive of windows though.
We do one of them scans every month!! Currently doing one right now .
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Guil

Post by Guil »

RODHA wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:10 pm MSI Trident is not a laptop :biggrin2: It just looks like one.
It is a desktop pc in a compact case.
My config is around €1500 with i7 and gtx1060.
I don't want to get into building up a pc because I need a plug'n play solution.
There is trident laptops though and when I clicked where to buy, that's all it showed me initially.

Nice spec but I still think it's overpriced, they don't call Ireland rip off republic for nothing lol.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:
Actually I just gave up buying one.
Because, last night I tried to connect an xbox one controller to the game and failed miserably.
I would have probably find a way if I kept digging but that was the exact reason why I ditched pc gaming.
Tons and tons of stuff to adjust or to set. I hate this.
On PS4 I just plug'n play. How could that be so difficult in pc if it can be done as approved by Sony or Microsoft.
If SCS want more money, or my money in this case, they have to find their way to console.
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Yeah laptops, to me ain't the choice for gaming, website gaming yes, but download gaming not so much, but the technology in laptops today seem better then tower and monitor. When i played that free simulation game on the first laptop, man the crappy vehicles and mods would lag so bad, overheat and crash the game, so i went to my dads computer, he has a quadcore and all that, i could run highest settings and not lag, the other computer was built for gaming, just like dads computer but the lag was 10x better, but the laptop was built in the dinosaur age, so that has something to do with it.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Laptops still have thermal issues. It is physically hard to over come the thermal issues when you put a lot of high power electronics into a cramped space.
As an IT guy, the best cooling I've ever seen in any computer system is the one in our new servers that are capable of cooling the ambient air while they take it in throught the inlet ports. Even when the AC fails CPUs operate comfortably at around 50C even if the ambient temperature sky rockets up to 40C. Just amazing to watch high end tech doing it's job.
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

My dad knows computers, i know a few things, but nothing like what you know.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thats why I love consoles. You don't need to know a ton of stuff :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22