Happy Birthday to me!

Smith Modding

Happy Birthday to me!

Post by Smith Modding »

Ok, so I don't really have pictures like everyone else usually does for these threads, but this is pretty awesome. I got a NVIDIA 1050ti Sc... and I love it! I am running every game I have at 60fps or higher at high or very high settings, it's awesome. My old card was a NVIDIA 730, and I averaged about 30 or 40 fps. Here are the specs of my PC now-
i5-6400 processor
8GB DDR3 ram (soon to be 16GB)
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 1050ti SC 4GB
Windows 10 with Ubuntu side installed
And here's the cool thing- those console players who are looking at buying a PC, buying a desktop in the $500 range will run most games well for a while, then save up some money and buy the 1050 ti, and it will fit into almost any prebuilt PC, it doesn't require an upgraded power source, I'm still running with the 240W my PC came with. So it's a much less expensive option to a really expensive gaming PC.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Guil

Re: Happy Birthday to me!

Post by Guil »

Happy birthday and very nice upgrade.
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Congrats :)
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

hit me up with that old graphics card XD
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

LOL
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Happy Birthday Smith :)
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Smith Modding wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:37 pm And here's the cool thing- those console players who are looking at buying a PC, buying a desktop in the $500 range will run most games well for a while, then save up some money and buy the 1050 ti...
That should be me :biggrin2:

And happy BDay Smith *thumbsup* :hi:

1050ti is definitely a great choice I think and I'm going to be doing the same thing I guess.

I don't intend to play FS on PC though. My only reasoning is the stupid ETS2 that insists on skipping a console release for some sick reason which I don't know. So, I think I will go their way instead of waiting for them to come my way :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm on the hunt for a graphics card too at the moment but trying to find a 750ti or 1030 at a reasonable price. I refuse to buy a new one as this PC is never getting new parts. That can wait until next year when I build a good one.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

^^ The 750ti (from what I can tell) is like the older version of the 1050ti. Not really compared by speed, but by the fact it was super popular because it could just be dropped into most PCs for a simple and cheaper upgrade, compared to other NVIDIA cards and competitor's cards. Hope you find one, having a faster PC is always fun :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
Guil

Post by Guil »

That's why I want one. I had an unbranded PSU and it still works but sporadically so I've taken out my GTX 460 and using integrated graphics and stock PSU until I can find a half decent card that runs off pci-e power.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

The Toshiba laptop I had for the entirety of FS15 was 10 years old and had integrated graphics. And having that experience I hope you find a card soon :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-