Off-topic (read "subject") ...

RODHA

Re: Community Request: Improved Thread Titles!

Post by RODHA »

On the contrary I think the thread is in the correct place.
I don't like this title issue too but one thing I've learned about humanity is they will never give up on their arbitrary behaviours.
People will always start threads with the titles of their own liking not with the titles bound by rules.
So, we will always be exposed to those stupid titles that have nothing to do with the subject of the thread.
Forum administration also has no chance on that. If they try and limit the users then they will loose a lot of users.
It is a loose loose situation imo. Unless people decide to behave respectfully.
PS5 / FS22
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

OK..... So I was under the impression "General Discussion" was reserved for topic related to the game, not Opinion post. Mod request, My favorite Company/tractor, celebratory post count all get moved to Off topic. But a "What I think would make the forum better for ME" post is Game related "General Discussion" fair enough. I'll we myself out :hi:
XB1/PC
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

You are a bit touchy I guess. The place of the thread is debateable and our opinions are just different. This thread is not game related but forum related. And imo best suits under general discussion. However, the thread title also contradicts a bit with the actual subject. "Community Request"? That is not a community request. There are no supporters to make it a whole community request. That is just a personal opinion which I agree.
PS5 / FS22
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

I'll give you touchy, and Im not a Mod on this forum so me suggesting this belonged somewhere is not my place. I respect his opinion/views aswell as yours. I just been here long enough to see people try to "reinvent the wheel" so to speak. My personal opinion is that the Mods and Liz do a wonderful at keeping the forum organized and handle thing in timely manner. As Rhoda stated I found the title itself misleading and contradictory to point he was trying to prove.
XB1/PC
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Perhaps I should have invested some more time in selecting an appropriate title (this was the 6th iteration), for that I apologize. Unfortunately, I did not have room for "Hey Community, let's try and make the forums better by improving thread titles"

What I was trying to accomplish was identify the content/intent of the thread. I know that the mods do a great job here, and I am also a big fan of "helping ourselves" (hence the "Community Request" portion of the title). In light of your replies, I have come to appreciate the challenges that we all face in this aspect (insert cheeky convoluted meme poking fun at the complexity and nuance of the English language).

I also appreciate that there is a fine balance to be struck between fostering open discussion and heavy-handed censorship. One more reason I opted for the community outreach angle :)

But for what it is worth, can we at least agree that "HEY GIANTS!" isn't exactly a great thread title, both in terms of content and the fact that we don't need to address Giants in the title because they own the forums? :)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

cmdrbyron wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:22 pmBut for what it is worth, can we at least agree that "HEY GIANTS!" isn't exactly a great thread title, both in terms of content and the fact that we don't need to address Giants in the title because they own the forums? :)
There was this thread where a member managed to give ideas to Giants if they want to profit more on their franchise :biggrin2:
So, threads with "HEY GIANTS!" is just nothing compared to the examples like that one :biggrin2:
It is just people being people. You can't do anything about it. The only solution to that kind of uncivilised behaviour is through education. Moral education I mean.
Other than that nothing really works. Even executing murderers doesn't stop others keep on murdering. So, although I'm completely agree with you, I don't think it will happen anytime.
PS5 / FS22
W1der

Post by W1der »

This was actually a topic in the "off topic" section some time ago ... :)

viewtopic.php?f=897&t=121730&p=962753&h ... ic#p962753
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Guil

Re: Off-topic (read "subject") ...

Post by Guil »

Merged with existing topic.