Let's talk about Forum changes

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: Let's talk about Forum changes

Post by Lisertan »

Thanks. Glad people like it. Now wait until I get the new design and make it look all new and shiny as well :) (will take some weeks :/ but it will come)
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Not again I'm still getting used to the new one :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Mythtaken

Post by Mythtaken »

I'm a little late, but to add my 1p's worth, I like the new streamlined structure -- mostly. I've never liked "General Discussion" labelled sections because (a) the term general doesn't really mean anything and (b) just like "miscellaneous", everything on the site could fit under "general". It can (and often does) become a dumping ground for every new post, because it's the first place they see.

I'd rather have it split into a couple of slightly more specific sections. Based on my time here, I'd say most of the threads in that section tend to fall into either "gameplay discussions" or "how do I?" types.
If you sow your wild oats, hope for a crop failure.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

One thing I would like to se is one page with all the threads that have a new post, regardless of which subforum it belong to. That way people would be more aware of the hot topics without having to go through all different subforums!
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

@Azfoor: something like this: search.php?search_id=newposts ?

This is already available via the "Quick Access" menu on the top left of the forum.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

I can't stay logged in on my phone since the changes. Both through the login on the right top of the screen, and the one on the bottom.
I ticked "remember me".
Trax

Post by Trax »

Set https:// in front of the link.
Wenn alle anderen sagen,: "Das geht nicht", dann muss es gehen... Michael Horsch
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

don_apple wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:47 pm @Azfoor: something like this: search.php?search_id=newposts ?

This is already available via the "Quick Access" menu on the top left of the forum.
Yes just like that but maby separate the different languages?
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Trax wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:58 pm Set https:// in front of the link.
Haven't changed a thing and I was still logged in this morning... Thanks for the advice though *thumbsup*