Kerbal space program

eric21

Kerbal space program

Post by eric21 »

Anyone play it?
fenixguy

Re: Kerbal space program

Post by fenixguy »

I love watching Youtube videos of it. I downloaded the trial version and decided it was too complicated for me at the time. That's a game with a steep learning curve for the new player.

I'm a big space travel nerd (not even close to being a rocket scientist though) and it's amazing what some people have built and used in the game.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

I'd personally prefer Astroneer...
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

fenixguy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:03 pm I love watching Youtube videos of it. I downloaded the trial version and decided it was too complicated for me at the time. That's a game with a steep learning curve for the new player.

I'm a big space travel nerd (not even close to being a rocket scientist though) and it's amazing what some people have built and used in the game.
Yeah I'm struggling setting up the orbits, it's all about trajectory and math. Not good with both
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

SimulatedSphere wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:07 pm I'd personally prefer Astroneer...
Just had a look at this yesterday....my kind of game.... but because its currently in early release Sony won't touch it yet.... I will wait

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The old version got scrapped as the company who ported it over did a very poor job of it. This new KSP is alot better now, it's on ps4 now
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Is this game a good buy?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

I have around 1500 hours in Kerbal and I still havnt seen or done everything that you can do. I got it at version .18 and was the best $10(?) i have ever spent and the mods add a ton to it. I spent a couple of month just building planes when the hangar came out and didnt see space for a long time after that.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
eric21

Post by eric21 »

For me its quite complicated by using technical words and numbers.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

eric21 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 3:55 pm For me its quite complicated by using technical words and numbers.
Is it fun though?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It is esp when building rockets and see them exploding. Its also fustrating too but thats a good thing
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I have over 500 hours in KSP. It is one of my all time favorite games.

It is a science / engineering / flight simulation game. It is good for you if you are interested in space flight, and like simulation / building/ puzzle games. You will probably have to watch videos to learn how to do things (there are a lot to chose from). Most of the maneuvers are not that difficult, but I found rendezvous took a lot of videos before I got it. But when I did it was fantastic.

If you like that sort of thing it is a great game within that genre. Maybe the best.
Jastreb_J21

Post by Jastreb_J21 »

I don't play it, but I really like this video from a guy I follow on Youtube... [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F0iNDMMTwM[/youtube]
Mythtaken

Post by Mythtaken »

Kerbal is amazing, if you're into simulations. If you are a science/space nerd and enjoy following up with some extra reading outside the game, it's even better. It can be intimidating at first, but even the maths isn't bad once you start putting it into practice. Your brain will love you for it, and seeing Jebediah's face when he reaches orbit makes it all worth while.
If you sow your wild oats, hope for a crop failure.