Other Farming Sims

eric21

Re: Other Farming Sims

Post by eric21 »

Real farm is shocking, all pretty graphics..that's it
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

Most of the other ones just sadly don't hold up mechanics and game play wise. Say what you want but Farming Simulator really has the best game play. I can't remember which of the many this was in, but one of them actually had insecticide and fungicide. I though that was a cool addition and not too complicated so even younger players could figure it out.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

Well, after spending another half an hour or so with Professional Farmer 2017, I can safely say that not only it is the worst farming sim I've ever played, but also the worst PS4 game I've ever played and quite possibly one of the worst video games I've ever played (and I've played Mortal Kombat Advance). I can deal with shoddy graphics and wonky frame rates, but the gameplay is just godawful. The simple act of plowing a field is about as intuitive as juggling eggs while wearing oven mitts. How this game passed any sort of QA I'll never know.

But that's not the worst of it. The way this game is marketed is intentionally meant to confuse and deceive consumers. The logo and cover art similarities are obvious, and even the DLC shares a similar title with a different farming sim. I bought PF used at Gamestop (it was so cheap that it basically amounted to a free rental), and -- honest to God -- the clerk actually put a copy of FS17 in the case when he was pulling the disc. I had to correct him that it was the wrong farming sim, he took the disc out, looked at it, and still couldn't believe how similar the two games looked. So there is definitely some confusion regarding brand identity at the retail level.
heyimbill.com
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Real Farm and Professional Farmer 2017 are absolutely awful trash tier games. Farmers Dynasty has some cool elements but its early acesses game and lets be honest still light years behind FS. Only real competitors IMO are Pure Farming, and Crattle and Crops (which is a long way from being completed) so yeah FS is N1 choice for now, however if FS19 wont bring some significant improvments to the table that might not be the case in the next following years....
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

I just put a couple hundred hours in Farmer Dynasty and Real Farm and I missed everything about Fs17 in those sims. They were fun for a while, but they lacked the customizing that FS has. There really hasn't been a game that draws me back like FS17 does.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Real farms most playing was under 60 people..it was that bad
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

I did read on focus home interactive site that they said Farming Simulator will also be back in its 19th version, with important new features anticipated
by the game’s fans and a new game engine that will yield visuals close to the best productions
on the market.

So that's promising too
XBOX/ FS22
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Catle-n-crops = Still to early to say, but so far I'm kinda mehh with it

Pro Farm series = to damn buggy to play, but from what I saw on reviews it had a lot of realism stuff I would like to see in FS w/o mods (like seasons, and soil management, and dynamic terrain...)

Farmer Dynasty = Looks very interesting. I may buy it when it is fully released, but not buying into any more early access. I love the RPG concept in that game, not something I think FS needs though. But it does make FD stand out and have it's on lil niche, lets just hope they make a quality game.

That being said. FS is still the best Farm game, I don't think FS19 will get any serious competition until late 2020 if it gets any...
PC gamer.
markare

Post by markare »

Beastbubba wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:39 am
Farmer Dynasty = Looks very interesting. I may buy it when it is fully released, but not buying into any more early access. I love the RPG concept in that game, not something I think FS needs though. But it does make FD stand out and have it's on lil niche, lets just hope they make a quality game.

May be waiting some time for the full release. They are in a legal battle with people and have stopped updates etc for now until it gets sorted out. They have already been hit twice.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Farmers Dynasty is off of steam again. Doesn’t look like it is coming back for sale for quite a while. Cattle and Crops is good for an early access title. It is just an early access title though. Pure farming had a promising preview and the developers have said that there has been a massive amount of improvements and changes for the March release.

Pure farming and Cattle and Crops are the only two that show promise to compete with FS. But that is many many years away from happening. GIANTS has such a head start on every other developer in the farm sim genre that they will be the top dog for a long time.

EDIT can’t type the C&C words apparently

EDIT2 LOL can’t even type C & C
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

Yeah, Pure Farming does look like it has potential. But honestly, I'm expecting FS 19 to set the bar so high that other farming games won't even compare. There may be some neat features that we might like to see implemented in the FS series some day, but that's about it.
heyimbill.com
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Nigelbilt wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:07 pm EDIT can’t type the Command and Conquer words apparently

EDIT2 LOL can’t even type C & C
Just misspell it to Catle-n-crops
Turbojugend wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:13 pm Yeah, Pure Farming does look like it has potential. But honestly, I'm expecting FS 19 to set the bar so high that other farming games won't even compare. There may be some neat features that we might like to see implemented in the FS series some day, but that's about it.
Yea the other games only real draw is the extra realism they have with the soil and seasons, their actually gameplay is generally so terrible it isen't fun. To many bugs and glitches, and the only real bad one FS has is the item physics (bales, trees, pallets...) But so far every other farm game I've seen had those same issues plus tons more...

As for Farmers Dynasty, I didn't know it had been taken back down. I know it just came back up like 2 weeks ago. But this almost seems like false DCMA attacks just to give the game bad press and to hurt the development. If it was a valid complaint you would think they would have stayed down the first time... Hopefully they can pull through and counter sue for lost income and time if it is false attacks....
PC gamer.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Cattle and Crops doesn't look all that bad, Pure Farming idk about either
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I’ve never played any of the other fs type games but I have seen gameplay enough to know they’re going through the same growing pains giants had when they started the original fs I want these other games to succeed because it will keep giants honest and continue to make great strides like they have competition brings out the best in most anything including games giants has a definite lead so far and I want them to keep it that way farming simulator by giants was the first farming game that felt so much like real life I thought I was back on the farm and I will always be loyal to giants for that
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Gimli54 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:31 am I want these other games to succeed
So do I! I'd love to see other good farming games, I'll check out some of them for sure. There is no such thing as bad competition in my book, I love to see as many good games as possible.

I strongly believe that the only way to lose players is to create a bad game, not to have other good games out there. As long as our game is good, people will play it and if it's not good at all, well then even without competition noone will play it.

So yeah, let's see what these other games can do and if some of them are worth playing.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon