Other Farming Sims

FarmerJimbob

Re: Other Farming Sims

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I’m off Pure Farming at the moment due to the issues it’s experiencing on PS4 but I played the whole campaign and have done most of the achievements and really enjoyed it. It’s not as polished as FS17 (as you’d expect) but has loads of different gameplay aspects (on PS4) which keep the interest levels up. I will definitely return to it when the issues are resolved, to start a new free farming game with more focus on fieldwork than I did before now the game speed has been made real time. For now I’m trying out “Cows & Maize” as my first farming foray on PC.
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:55 pm I’m off Pure Farming at the moment due to the issues it’s experiencing on PS4
Just curious, what are you seeing on PS4? Is it the performance or are there some game-breaking bugs to watch out for?

I see they just released a quick follow-up patch, maybe the last patch broke something.
heyimbill.com
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

For me it liked to crash suddenly on ps4 and if you didn’t save regularly you could lose a lot of work that way which got me pretty frustrated at times
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

yea pf18 on ps4 is riddled with issues atm.. and I checked the forum for patch notes on the xbone a few minutes ago and ps4 users r still having crash issues.. but it does seem like they r trying to get it all lined out asap.. all in all its not a bad game.. still needs some polish but otherwise looks good.. ive been playing around with CandC on pc as well and I'm liking what they have so far.. I was starting to have my doubts but in the last few months its really come along.. now I'm just waiting on more content as it seems the only thing I can really do right now is cattle.. it needs more in the crops part of the name lol
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Played PF18 again yesterday despite what some people on the forum were still reporting (seem to be a lot of kids throwing their toys out of the pram on there) and I had absolutely no crashing issues with it whatsoever (PS4). Seems the patches have resolved the major issues and also made the game a lot slicker and vibrant. Considering how much they had to just fix I was amazed how much new functionality and graphic changes they’ve already made to the game. Looks really promising now. I enjoyed the game before despite the crashes but now it has serious potential and the developers are promising more content to come soon.

CandC I quite like so far although the controls weren’t quite right as I played with a controller as I didn’t have my wheel setup, a lot more of an in depth simulator which is intriguing. Loving the deformable terrain.
PrincessJessi84

yea even on xbone the game seemed just smoother all around.. and the new vehicles were a nice touch.. lovin real time as well.. those devs seem to be doing a pretty good job.. and YES deformable terrain.. its so nice.. "y on earth wont my tractor go, the wheels just spin... oh yea.. gotta turn on that 4wd".. its nice.. a cow escaped the pasture yesterday right after I unloaded them.. I had to coax it back into the field.. big strides r being made with this game for the genre and I cant wait to see where they take it
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
PrincessJessi84

I don't think they have done an official guide yet as its still so early.. they finally got past the tech demos.. is there anything specifically I could help u with? I am no expert by any means but all in all ive figured out how to work with whats currently in the game
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:27 pm Played PF18 again yesterday despite what some people on the forum were still reporting (seem to be a lot of kids throwing their toys out of the pram on there) and I had absolutely no crashing issues with it whatsoever (PS4).
Yeah, I never had a single crash on PS4, even pre-patch. But I was mainly doing the story mode and some challenges, not free farming.
heyimbill.com
PrincessJessi84

I think its cool that u guys weren't getting the crashes.. it was disheartening to read that people were still having crash issues even after the patch.. its a fun game
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

It maybe been something in free farming mode idk I’ve only done that mode so far cause I’m trying to platinum the game but once I have that done I’ll probably just stick to fs only cause so far it’s the best to me and I’m always gonna be at least somewhat loyal to it as it was my first modern farming simulator game
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I've seen mixed reviews about PF18... if I do get it I'm not buying it full price as imo it's not worth it, I don't know if I'll like it, etc... but it is nice seeing competition as Giants may take inspiration and possibly implement it better than other games do.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Smith Modding wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:13 pm I've seen mixed reviews about PF18... if I do get it I'm not buying it full price as imo it's not worth it, I don't know if I'll like it, etc... but it is nice seeing competition as Giants may take inspiration and possibly implement it better than other games do.
It had some teething problems, most notably on PS4, but it’s looking pretty stable now. Well worth full price imo (its only £25 on steam anyway, I paid more for PS4) - lots of variation to FS17 so it’s doesn’t feel like you’re playing the same farming game but just reskinned and different controls. I think there are quite a lot of mods already for PC too and new content from the developers isn’t far off either. I’d recommend it to anyone that enjoys FS17.
PrincessJessi84

yea FarmerJimbob is right.. idk if I would say "competition" is the right word.. yea both of the games r about farming but they r very different games with different focuses and ways of going about things.. for a person who isn't a "giants fanboy" per say and just enjoys farming games its a nice change of pace as the atmosphere is just way different.. from what ive seen of the newer farming genre of games that can really be said for all of them.. from the FS series to CnC to Farmers Dynasty.. they all kinda march to the beat of their own drum
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Is that big Vers in PF?