Other Farming Sims

dunnjob

Re: Other Farming Sims

Post by dunnjob »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:12 am I strongly believe that the only way to lose players is to create a bad game
I have never seen a game company so actively engaged with the day-to-day player to constantly improve the game like Giants does. As long as you guys keep doing this, I can't imagine you will ever put out a bad game. You guys seem to value the opinions of ALL your players, not just the professional gamers and gaming magazine writers. Combine this with a every-growing list if in-game equipment and a huge and awesome modding community, and I will probably end up playing Farming Simulator 39.
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
jbordelon

Post by jbordelon »

Great attitude Lis. I may try other farming games, but farming simulator will always be my first love, and it looks like you guys are light years ahead of the competition anyway.

One thing I think will hurt Pure Farming 2018 is that mods as mods will only be available on PC. They said they'll take the "best ones" and make them a DLC for console. Thats a real bummer, because the mods are what keep the game fresh for me.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Not quite. Their mod plan is not really going to be any different than FS on console. Just like FS, the mod editing tools are not available for console. At launch they will be taking the “best mods” (like what GIANTS does through testing to make sure they are not broken) and add them as FREE DLC. DLC in this instance is being used literally, Downloadable Content. All the mods on modhub is DLC.

The mod system seems to be pretty much the same for both titles on console.
jbordelon

Post by jbordelon »

Theres a pretty distinct difference between a mod and DLC.

Based on what they said on their facebook page, I'm not as optimistic as you are:
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:12 amI strongly believe that the only way to lose players is to create a bad game, not to have other good games out there. As long as our game is good, people will play it and if it's not good at all, well then even without competition noone will play it.
Post of the year right there.
heyimbill.com
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

No there isn’t. A mod that’s found on modhub is literally DLC. I am not going with optimism. I am going by the developers AMA and recent Q&A session.

That is what GIANTS is trying to do with modhub for console. Take the best creations from PC and bring them to console as free dlc. What’s the difference?
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

jbordelon wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:14 pm Theres a pretty distinct difference between a mod and DLC.

Based on what they said on their facebook page, I'm not as optimistic as you are:

downloadable content is just that whether its generated by mod makers or Giants... a mod is still downloadable content and I see NO difference

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Guil

Post by Guil »

Nigelbilt wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:20 pm No there isn’t. A mod that’s found on modhub is literally DLC. I am not going with optimism. I am going by the developers AMA and recent Q&A session.

That is what GIANTS is trying to do with modhub for console. Take the best creations from PC and bring them to console as free dlc. What’s the difference?
Mods don't have to get sent to Sony for approval before they appear on modhub. I believe all DLC hasa to be sent in to MS/Sony and undergo whatever testing etc before they will release it.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

DLC is downloadable content. It’s not just Paid content like expansions and add ons that all get called DLC now.

What is the difference between Big Bud DLC pack and the Agrovation DLC pack?
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Back during FS2013, Giants took some of the best rated mods for PC and put them together as player mod DLC. You couldn't pick and choose and it was only a few items. I suspect this is what they're talking about.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Guil

Post by Guil »

The difference is Giants can release mods as and when they see fit, with DLC, in the traditional sense, it has to be sent to Sony/MS and wait for approval and I wouldn't be surprised if they had to pay for the luxury of it either.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Because one is paid and the other is not. That is the only difference. GIANTS themselves call Agrovation a DLC. GIANTS can release whatever they want when they see fit. If they want to charge for it, it obviously needs to be “inspected” and go through Sony/Microsoft to end up on their store. That’s why they pay. They pay for the right to sell their goods in someone else’s marketplace.

One is a liability issue, the other isn’t. Both are DLC.

Anyway, we are going around in circles here. Point being, Pure Farming mods have confirmed mods will be on console while modding tools will not.
Guil

Post by Guil »

There's no circles, it will be the same as the free mod dlc for fs15 on console. It's all dlc whether it's charged or not. Mods are basiclaly free dlc.

The point I was making that if it gets released as free dlc as it was in fs15 then it will be slow and nowhere like the way mods are released for fs17 on consoles.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

jbordelon wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:14 pm Theres a pretty distinct difference between a mod and DLC.

No difference at all.... Mods on the modhub are dlc.

Giants has to check, test, approve, and upload all mods before console can get them. Now wether or not they will release them in the same manner is an entirly different story.
PC gamer.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Guil wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:01 pm
The point I was making that if it gets released as free dlc as it was in fs15 then it will be slow and nowhere like the way mods are released for fs17 on consoles.
I didn’t get that this was your point. My mistake. I totally agree with that. From talking to the devs on reddit it doesn’t seem like that is the plan. I’m sure it is going to take a minute after launch for mods to start showing up on console (apart from the probable lack of modders actually making them at the start)