Other Farming Sims

Turbojugend

Other Farming Sims

Post by Turbojugend »

Kinda surprised to not see a topic on this already, unless I just missed it or it is not allowed on these forums (in which case, please delete).

I play FS 17 on PS4 almost exclusively, although I own it on Steam as well. After snooping around on the PS Store, I was surprised to see a fair amount of farm sims currently on the market. To be fair, most of these games seem "heavily inspired" by FS and not in the same class, quality-wise.

Does anyone here play/have played any of these other farm sims? Was there anything you saw in those games that you'd like to see in FS? The only one I've played is Professional Farmer 17, and honestly, I didn't see anything remarkable about it. Not to mention that logo and cover art just smacks of infringement. There are a couple of others on the PS Store but I don't think I'd ever pay full price for them.
heyimbill.com
eric21

Re: Other Farming Sims

Post by eric21 »

They are bad but let's leave it at that. This should be locked
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yup. I had a really disappointing experience on one of those. Don't think to invest any of them in the future.
Btw, I think this threads fate will show us if rival games can be discussed in here or not. I'm curious about that.
PS5 / FS22
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Yep, the other games are trash. Even JD's game is way outdated compared to this one
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I can see why this topic MIGHT get locked but honestly I don't see the point.... I think its good to discuss other games, what people like about them and what they don't... free discourse can breed ideas for Giants for future development...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

You can mention your wishes for FS19 also without discussing competitive products.
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

As long as we keep it civil, I'm not sure that discussing the competition is a problem. It's usually allowed in similar forums, but I'll leave it to the mods to decide.

Like cr41g_1965 said, it's good to discuss what we like in other games. For instance, I think the RPG elements in Farmer's Dynasty are compelling (solely based on the few YouTube videos I've seen), not sure I'd ever want them in a pure simulator game but it's interesting to think about.
heyimbill.com
markare

Post by markare »

Lis has stated previously that discussions including names of other games are fine on the forum. As long as it isn't solely for the purpose of degrading the game and company. Healthy discussions are allowed but tread carefully with what gets said.

As they say competition is healthy
Although personally I think giants are still further ahead than any other of the games. Yes farm sim has its flaws but show me a game that doesn't these days.

Was actually looking into getting a couple of the other games on console then I seen actual game play videos of them and am thankful I didn't
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Guil

Post by Guil »

markare wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:12 pm Lis has stated previously that discussions including names of other games are fine on the forum. As long as it isn't solely for the purpose of degrading the game and company. Healthy discussions are allowed but tread carefully with what gets said.

I'm not doubting you but do you have a link for that?
markare

Post by markare »

:lol: :shock: You do realise how many posts lis has made??? I'll come back in an hour when I find it :gamer: :gamer:

Edit... I'm sure it was lis but I've put in every search parameter I can think of with his posts and can't find it now. So I admit defeat *thumbsdown*
Xb1
Guil

Post by Guil »

I could of influenced that lol *thumbsup*
Ah no I honestly haven't hidden or edited any posts but was just curious.
markare

Post by markare »

As I said I'm almost positive it was lis that said it. It was in an off topic thread quite some time ago now but hey ho, will leave this answer up to the big 🔫 🔫 to decide if it's allowed or not
Xb1
BlackFox403

Post by BlackFox403 »

Turbojugend wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pmDoes anyone here play/have played any of these other farm sims?
My wife and I actually enjoyed Farmer's Dynasty with the interactions with other farmers, having to do odd jobs to acquire a piece of equipment so you can get your farm started. Even the "fixing of buildings" was interesting. Another game we are looking forward to try is Pure Farming with what it has to offer. We have not looked at Professional Farmer yet but we may find time to do so.
Turbojugend wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pmWas there anything you saw in those games that you'd like to see in FS?
In our opinion, every game has its strengths and weaknesses depending on who you ask. We started playing Farming Simulator back when FS2009 was released and all the fun our family had spent taking turns playing, and we played with no mods back then- where it took forever to get that rusty bucket of bolts combine from one side of the map to another :) But we play every game in the intended spirit it is developed in and do not look or play the other games similar to FS with hopes that concepts from these other games make it into FS or vice versa. That is what makes each game unique in their own way.
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

BlackFox403 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:26 am
Turbojugend wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pmDoes anyone here play/have played any of these other farm sims?
My wife and I actually enjoyed Farmer's Dynasty with the interactions with other farmers, having to do odd jobs to acquire a piece of equipment so you can get your farm started. Even the "fixing of buildings" was interesting. Another game we are looking forward to try is Pure Farming with what it has to offer. We have not looked at Professional Farmer yet but we may find time to do so.
Turbojugend wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pmWas there anything you saw in those games that you'd like to see in FS?
In our opinion, every game has its strengths and weaknesses depending on who you ask. We started playing Farming Simulator back when FS2009 was released and all the fun our family had spent taking turns playing, and we played with no mods back then- where it took forever to get that rusty bucket of bolts combine from one side of the map to another :) But we play every game in the intended spirit it is developed in and do not look or play the other games similar to FS with hopes that concepts from these other games make it into FS or vice versa. That is what makes each game unique in their own way.
Thank you, this is exactly the kind of input I was hope to see! :biggrin2:

I did like what you mentioned about Farmer's Dynasty: interacting with other farmers, doing repairs and odd jobs, etc. I believe Pure Farming comes out in March for PS4, if the reviews and word of mouth are decent I may check that out. Real Farm is another, but I haven't heard much about of it other than the visuals are supposed to be pretty good.

Unfortunately, it's hard to recommend Professional Farmer in any way. I tried to look for things I'd like to see in FS, but I didn't see many. The back-up camera was a nice touch I suppose, but this is coming from a guy who can't drive backwards in FS.
heyimbill.com
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Pure Farming has hemp.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .