Other Farming Sims

VMB-TAN

Re: Other Farming Sims

Post by VMB-TAN »

Wanted to see Daggerwin's first look about Pure Farming... Got the FS19 trailer as a pre video advertisement lmao *thumbsup*
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with SimAgri. I know its not the same kind of game as FS, but it looks like it could be interesting. I can't help thinking that it might have some concepts that would be good in FS, but I haven't tried the game out.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I do
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I don't know too much about it. What sort of game is it? All I can tell is that it has a lot of content and it doesn't seem to be a first person 3D experience like FS.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

I picked up PF18 on my lunch break, the only copy my local Gamestop had, lol. The Day One edition comes with the Germany map and an extra tractor, just in case anyone is curious. There's also some $$$ DLC on the PS Store, extra shirts for your farmer and whatnot.
heyimbill.com
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Turbojugend wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:01 pm I picked up PF18 on my lunch break, the only copy my local Gamestop had, lol. The Day One edition comes with the Germany map and an extra tractor, just in case anyone is curious. There's also some $$$ DLC on the PS Store, extra shirts for your farmer and whatnot.
Ohh joy paid dlc for clothes..... that is just pure developer greed...
PC gamer.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Am I correct that CnC will be updated yearly with no annual/bi-annual release?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Earnest Pea wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:04 pm I don't know too much about it. What sort of game is it? All I can tell is that it has a lot of content and it doesn't seem to be a first person 3D experience like FS.
It's more like a farm manager game rather than a simulator, there is a lot to get through as you said. Mainly played by French players as it's created by French devs. However English is still the main language, the one thing I do look is the variety of crops, animals and equipment
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Beastbubba wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:45 am
Ohh joy paid dlc for clothes..... that is just pure developer greed...
Possibly, although they were all free with the pre-order edition so it may just be the case of making them available to everyone even if they didn't preorder to avoid the kind of ridiculous furore there was on here over the MF sprayer. If people stop paying for such things, game developers/publishers will stop trying to sell them...
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Imo, PF18 and FS17 are not even close. I can't comment on the game play as we have just first looks so far but the graphics and physics seem completely different. And as FS19 will advance way forward, I don't think PF18 can earn my money.
PS5 / FS22
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

We all hope FS19 will advance way forward but to be honest competition is needed for that to be optimal for us as users. Look at the FIFA franchise - barely has any competition so they make money every year churning out a new version having reskinned the visuals and made very few changes to the core game. Would hate to see that happen with Farming Simulator.

Pure Farming has some issues, especially noticeable when you've put as many hours into the FS series as I have, but its a 1st generation product and day 2 of being live. A lot of what is buggy with it at the moment can be patched, thankfully even on consoles these days, so its not the finished product yet. It has a lot of concepts which are really good and would add enhance the FS series, some need a bit of polishing but that will come. I'm only a small number of hours into it but so far I believe it was well worth the ticket price and worth experiencing a different take on farm simulation.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Jim Bob, will you be doing a review on the art Deco, high tech and other updates on cities skylines ps4? Assuming you still play that game
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:16 pmWe all hope FS19 will advance way forward but to be honest competition is needed for that to be optimal for us as users.
FarmerJimbob wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:16 pmPure Farming has some issues, especially noticeable when you've put as many hours into the FS series as I have, but its a 1st generation product and day 2 of being live.
Considering the experience of Giants on the FS series and "farming simulation", I'm not expecting any serious competition. Not now not ever. Because, it would take a very long time for any other developer to create and advance a farming simulation game that can truly compete with FS as almost every develpoer in the business is new to "farming simulation" compared to Giants. So, I really cannot imagine a developer willing to put enough money and work force along with some years juts to go that route. Unless Giants makes a couple of serious mistakes it is basically almost impossible for other developers to compete with FS series. What I say is highly debatable I know but you cannot just catch up with a 15 years of experience in just a couple of years and versions.

Besides, I really don't think Giants need competetion to give us the best they can. Imho, they do their best all the time. Sure they also make mistakes but who doesn't? And compared to what they give those mistakes or features that should have already been in FS17 are just nothing.
PS5 / FS22
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

eric21 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:36 pm Jim Bob, will you be doing a review on the art Deco, high tech and other updates on cities skylines ps4? Assuming you still play that game
I'm not the YouTube Jim Bob Plays Games, just his namesake. :lol:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

It is called trademark infringement and it causes exactly that. Other people confusing you with someone else.
PS5 / FS22