Getting ready to go pc

Nigelbilt

Re: Getting ready to go pc

Post by Nigelbilt »

It literally is night and day between console and PC. Saying 95% of PC mods are trash is not even close to being in the realm of truth. Maxed out visuals on PC is FAR superior than even the Xbox one x (which in itself was pretty impressive compared to the one). Just the anti aliasing alone makes a world of difference.

The difference between FS17 between PC and PS/Xbox is great than difference between PS/Xbox and the Switch which is pretty drastic.
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

You definitely won't regret the switch to PC! I've made the switch this week and I'm absolutely loving it. The keyboard and mouse thing takes some getting used too. But yea. I love it.

The more realistic mod has to be my favourite so far. Certainly makes the game much more interesting.

Not really dived too deep into any specific map yet though as the amount of mods now available to me is insane. So trying out all kinds of vehicles (especially JD and Claas :biggrin2:) , maps, implements. GPS and course play are also awesome!

I'm definitely going to be selling my Xbox.... :lol:
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

Yeah I'm ready to play with some logging mods really can't wait the excitement is killing me lol
jbordelon

Post by jbordelon »

You guys are making me want a PC.
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

@jbordelon.

Do it. The best money I've ever spent switching to PC. :gamer:
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:43 pm It's not night and day different, but the graphics are better on a good PC with the graphics maxed out. Everything is much sharper and the frame rate is better. It's not enough to make me run out and buy a new PC though.

I went from PC to console for FS17 and have enjoyed it the most by far since FS2011. If mods had not been available, I wouldn't have even considered it. 95% of the mods available for PC are absolute garbage anyway. But then there's that 5% of pure perfection that, when you find it, it just gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling that keeps you coming back for more. Unfortunately, I spent more time searching for and editing mods than I did playing the game. I don't have to worry about that now.
I find myself searching for mods, playing about with them more than i do playing the game. The one regret about switching to PC.

I did this a while back with Richard Burns Rally on PC...messed about with mods, making the cars and stages look different instead of playing the game.

Also if you are not too careful, the PC can be a money pit.....
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

My pc just arrived today so tonight I will be playing fs17 on PC I'm excited I'm ready to do some logging this is my first gameing PC it will be a learning curve but I will manage
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Logger 34 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:52 pm My pc just arrived today so tonight I will be playing fs17 on PC I'm excited I'm ready to do some logging this is my first gameing PC it will be a learning curve but I will manage
Don't forget where you came from!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

I won't lol I will still play my console to
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Logger 34 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:16 am I won't lol I will still play my console to
Don't forget to eat,poop and get some sunshine once in awhile. Share some screenshots with us. Let's see some of the new toys you got.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Don't forget the buy bales mod. Comes in handy for when your animals are in need of feeding.

I've got about 30GB of mods for FS17...
the big print giveth the small print taketh