Getting ready to go pc

Logger 34

Getting ready to go pc

Post by Logger 34 »

Getting ready to try my hand at the pc side of this game i got a little less than a month to go can't wait been working saving money for a while I'm ready to start getting some logging equipment mods It's going to be a learning curve but I think I will get it lol
Guil

Re: Getting ready to go pc

Post by Guil »

It's much the same really. Just better visuals and then the extra mods.
markare

Post by markare »

Also you can still use your controller on the pc
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

I've wanted one for a while it was this or xbox one x then I figured I been on consoles for to long if I go pc it will be something different it's time for change in will still play my Xbox one though won't let it collect to much dust lol
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Guil wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:56 pmIt's much the same really. Just better visuals and then the extra mods.
Guil, please tell me you are joking or just have myopia or something :biggrin2:
What "better visuals"? I thought consoles use the highest graphic settings :confusednew:
Please don't make me commit suicide :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

Lol it really is better on PC.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

It's not night and day different, but the graphics are better on a good PC with the graphics maxed out. Everything is much sharper and the frame rate is better. It's not enough to make me run out and buy a new PC though.

I went from PC to console for FS17 and have enjoyed it the most by far since FS2011. If mods had not been available, I wouldn't have even considered it. 95% of the mods available for PC are absolute garbage anyway. But then there's that 5% of pure perfection that, when you find it, it just gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling that keeps you coming back for more. Unfortunately, I spent more time searching for and editing mods than I did playing the game. I don't have to worry about that now.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Ok. At least I can breathe. I was expecting that kind of a difference but guil gave me the creeps :biggrin2:
Btw, thats a good way to put it fenix *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Visually there is some extra eye candy on the maps on PC. For example, put hours into Thornton Farm on the PS4. First load on a PC of the same map and a fighter jet flew over the farm! Mega double take moment. Plus the hot air balloon.

There's a bloke walking his dog on the West Coast moor, not been back to the console to see if this is there too.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Well yeah, I forgot about the little extras that map creators are able to add to their maps. That stuff certainly makes the map feel alive. I wish there were trains running and planes flying over.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

The West Coast, on PC, has a train that runs through the town regularly, nice feature. Plus the fishing boats out in the bay cruising past.

Whilst having a nosey on Spectacle Island, around the main farm, there was a noise that sounded like a plane flying over but could never see it
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

I talked to ironside computers today to see if there imp pcs will run this game and they said it would but theay said that it would only have enough storage for this game so I told them that I have them put extra storage in it its funny how I herd of it I was on youtube watching videos and I went on one of the squads farming simulator videos and he said check out ironsde computers so just 3 more weeks and I'm going to finally have a pc to play games on to can't wait so be ready i will have plenty of questions it will be my first gameing pc
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I got a very high end gaming PC last week with an i7 chip and GTX 1080 graphics card. Mainly for playing FS. Its amazing. FS on the PC is a different experience from the console version for sure. So far I've spent more time faffing about with mods than I have actually farming though. The biggest difference is the sheer number of maps available. I've started to find myself becoming very picky. If I don't like a map quite quickly then I just move on. Its not like on the console where there are so few good maps that you force yourself to like a map and actually end up enjoying it for what it is. One thing I also like is going back and playing some of the console mod maps on PC and discovering all the little things like trains, hot air balloons and even a farm cat that couldn't be on the console version of the map. There's just so much more going on.

You have to learn to navigate your way through the various mod sites out there, which I found is actually a bit of a black art. You learn pretty quickly that a lot of mods aren't anywhere near Giants standards. Then again every once in a while you find a mod which is way beyond what Giants do. Thats when it all becomes worth while. I love the IC controls some people put into vehicles. Its the little things like that which make the PC experience so much more immersive I find.

The other thing I'm still getting used to is gaming at a desk with a PC monitor. Its just a different experience to gaming whilst lying back on the sofa with a big TV. I know I could connect my PC up to my TV easily enough but then doing things on the computer other than gaming become difficult.
markare

Post by markare »

Wireless keyboard and mouse and it isn't too difficult. This is how I used my pc for years. As pc monitors hurt my eyes and gave me migraines using the pc too long.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

I ordered my pc today can't wait till it gets hear