Talking about other games in this Forum

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Talking about other games in this Forum

Post by Lisertan »

Hey guys,

some of you might have seen it, I've just killed a thread about some other farming game (pure farming in this case).

I'd like to talk about the reasons and my (our) stance when it comes to other games in this forum.

Let me start with this: I don't mind mentioning other games at all. Why would I? There are other games out there and I think we can talk about them when we want to.
However, there is a difference between talking about a game and advertising a game and that's where we draw the line.

The mentioned thread was basically: Look at this amazing game, it's so great, play it! (btw I'm just posting this so Giants knows it's out there). Come on guys, that's almost cheap. We KNOW about other games, guess what, some of us will buy some of them as we love farming games, that's why we are here anyway.

So keep it fair please :) Keep in mind this is a Farming Simulator forum after all. It won't always be easy to make a call wherever or not we'll delete posts, but we try to keep it fair as well.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RODHA

Re: Talking about other games in this Forum

Post by RODHA »

That stance is exactly what I would expect from Giants *thumbsup* :hi:
One thing is for sure. It is almost impossible to keep everybody from talking about other farming games.
One way or another, people will talk. Sometimes in a completely unrelated thread, sometimes in a dedicated one.
But as you mentioned, there should be a line that needs to be drawn.
The way you define that line is all fair imho.
Thank you for letting us know your (Giants) stance on this issue.
I was a bit jumpy about this for some known reasons :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
Beez

Post by Beez »

In my point of view you could have a debate on some feature that another farming game has similar or extra. But if you are going to ''omg look at this new awesome game''... that is just cheap...
Get plowed by a pro. Sleep with a farmer!
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

That sounds fair. Thanks for the clarification Lis.
heyimbill.com
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya this part of the rules have been always a bit blurred imo, thanks for the clarification
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

They have a drone.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

@Lisertan: OK, I can understand about blatantly advertising a competitor's product (here is where you can find more info, here is where you can get it, etc.), but from what you're saying, it sounds like we can discuss other farm sim games as long as we don't speak too favorably about them, is that right? If that's the case, you should just forbid the subject altogether.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

If you like it, you like it. There is nothing wrong with that. I just think the focus of the conversation should be our game.

Let me try to give 2 simple examples:

What I would delete:

Super Awesome farming is Great!
Hey guys, did you play super awesome farming? It's DA BEST it has x and y and z check it out for yourself

What I would not delete:

Why can super awesome farming have flying cows and FS17 can't?
COme on guys, I just played super awesome farming and they have cows that fly. I think that's amazing and I'd love to see this in FS17 as it will.. blah blah blah

Both threads talk about super awesome farming (great game BTW... soon to be developed by Lisertan Games.. a company not yet founded :D ) and both talk about the amazing things aboutthis game. HOWEVER the first one has nothing to do with us, that's what I consider advertising. The 2nd one compares features and shows us what we could do better (who wouldn't want flying cows anyway?). I hope this makes sense. I'm not a big fan of deleting posts or threads in general, but I'm also not a fan of boing basically an advertising platform for a competitor.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:48 amBoth threads talk about super awesome farming (great game BTW... soon to be developed by Lisertan Games.. a company not yet founded :D )
I would never pay for a game that has flying cows in it unless you are the main farmer character that I play :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:48 am
Why cant FS17 have a sun or moon on PS4?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

There are more people discussing pure farming here than on its actual forum.