Plastic model kits and the lack there of

IanM

Plastic model kits and the lack there of

Post by IanM »

I have always had plastic modeling as a hobby and have often wondered why there is a big empty hole where there should be loads of great models that you can build.
I know there are factory built 'toys' (not to offend but that is what they are). I have a plan.
Giants software make a very popular farm sim that sells very well around the world. This proves that there is an interest out there, that is to say a market.
Germany is one of the countries that produce the most agricultural machines in the world (I just looked that up). Just off the top of my head there is Claas, Lemken, Horsch, Khun, Deuts and many many more.
Germany is also the home of Revell Gmbh. A producer of plastic model kits. Some of which are really very good and in the popular genre. Others are more niche Star Trek, Starwars, and that kind of thing.
Scale wise 1/24 is a very popular scale for both cars and trucks, but also 1/14 scale is also well established in the radio controlled market so that scale would also appeal to those that wish a more interesting load than a container or boxes.
So I am hoping that Giants see and read this and maybe just take it further up the line to some of the manufactures they are in co-operation with due to the sim and Revell to try arouse their interest. I am sure that they are much better placed to talk marketing possibilities and product choices.

What do other FS uses think. I for one would love to build a 1/14 scale modern tractor with all the trimmings.
(it would be great if Tamiya got to see this and started thinking off all the fun they could have selling fully working RC models for people to amuse their self with).

Edit don_apple: moved to 'Off-topic' since this is not directly related to the game itself.
MrSquealypig

Re: Plastic model kits and the lack there of

Post by MrSquealypig »

I wish I hadn't read this thread because now I want models of all the equipment I use in the game.

I can't afford another collection as I have already spent quite a bit collecting models of microcars.
IanM

Post by IanM »

Sorry don_apple. My bad
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

That is a brilliant idea. I'm following this thread from now on.

I might spend hours building up a NH T9 or actually anything that is in the game.

Even the DLC's might be bundled up with respective model packs.

With a good marketing, that should work flawlessly.
PS5 / FS22
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

Sorta off-topic, but there some nice diecast tractors out there. TSC Tractor Supply carries a few John Deere and Case IH models.

There are also some lower priced children's toys that you could conceivably do some mods on. It's not exactly model making, but with some airbrushing, hand painting, maybe a few attachments, it would make a pretty cool project. I used to mod Warhammer/Lord of the Rings figures, it was great fun.
heyimbill.com
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

Here's a JD diecast that I did a "mud mod" on this weekend (sorry, I like my tractors to look like they've been used!):

heyimbill.com
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

I have the Revell 1/24 Porsche Junior tractor kit. Haven’t made it yet. I believe they are also going to release another tractor kit later this year. A Deutz if memory serves me correctly.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

RogsR35UK wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:34 pm I have the Revell 1/24 Porsche Junior tractor kit. Haven’t made it yet. I believe they are also going to release another tractor kit later this year. A Deutz if memory serves me correctly.

Incredible* and funny, I have the same Revell 1/24 Porsche Junior tractor kit in my living room! My son build it (with a little help by me) ! :lol:

Fun fact: There are so many of the Porsche tractors around me, here in the Black Forrest! My neigbor got one (and a Güldner G50).

*really don't know, how many tractors could be find at Revell
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Heller make the Massey 2680 in kit form its on a well known site named after a river in South America...lol
You keep a Troshin :hi: