An open letter to Giants – Thank you

Nordvarg

An open letter to Giants – Thank you

Post by Nordvarg »

Dear Lisertan, Bassaddict, Melody, pfreek, Lethian and all others working at Giants

Just wanted to say thank you very much! You’re doing a great job! Please keep it up :)

FS15 was my first encounter with this highly addictive series (1906h on FS15, 1251h on FS17, and now, 10h on FS13...).

Not being a farmer myself, playing your games have sparked a sincere appreciation for the hard work of every good real-life farmer. My interest in agricultural equipment has gone from 2,5 to 100. And now I sometimes regret my career choices. All because of a game.

And what a game it is!

FS15 was great. The leap to FS17 was pretty huge. A lot of the features added to 17 was what I missed in 15. A two-year release cycle absolutely works.

But perhaps the most satisfying improvement is the amount of communication between yourself and us, the players (and modders). It so nice, so refreshing, to see how active you are, both here in the forums, on Discord, and now on Reddit. I believe many game developers have a lot to learn from you about communicating with their customers. You’ve raised the industry standard significantly.

Now, with the next chapter of this farming fairytale some short months away, I’ll leave you with this:

1. Keep up the good work. Because that’s what it is: It’s really good work.

2. Kudos to you for working closely with great modders. More of that.

3. Please revive the modding calls. Or do something similar. The opportunity to ask you modding related questions directly is great. Yeah, Discord is ok. But it’s not the same. (Of course, you could make the GDN forum a strictly moderated section of this forum. You could also hire a designated modding community manager, the FS modding community’s equivalent to Lisertan, if you will…).

4. Check in with the Courseplay developers now and then. They’re doing a really great job.

FordFarmer97

Re: An open letter to Giants – Thank you

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I agree, Giants is doing a great job
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

I agree, the communication on these forums is outstanding. It's awesome to be part of such a fantastic community.
heyimbill.com
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Nordvarg wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:22 pmNot being a farmer myself, playing your games have sparked a sincere appreciation for the hard work of every good real-life farmer. My interest in agricultural equipment has gone from 2,5 to 100. And now I sometimes regret my career choices. All because of a game.
Overall a great post Nordvarg :hi:
Our feelings are identical. I couldn't have express myself better *thumbsup*
Especially that part I've quoted. What a regret is that, right? :coolnew:
I always try to take every opportunity to thank Giants as they managed to touch my life in a very unexpected way.
I'll never get bored of playing FS games and I don't think I would ever want to live my life without them till the end.
Met the series with FS17 and I'm probably over 2000hrs now (thank to Sony I can't even check that simple information *thumbsdown* ).
And I'm not sure how I will handle the excitement and rush close to the FS19 release.
What a game this is :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Nordvarg

Post by Nordvarg »

RODHA wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:58 amWhat a game this is :hi:
Yeah, I find it kind of funny actually, that I’m sooo hooked to this game.

I’ve played tons of shooters, racing, RPG, and action games. If someone would have told me years ago my overall favorite would be a farming simulation game, I’d have laughed hard in their face in disbelief :biggrin2:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Tell me about it :biggrin2:
I have been seeing FS series in my PS store for years and I always thought "who would buy a farming simulator?" :lol:
One day, a friend of mine, who knows me well, said "you should try this game. it is made for you, believe me".
That was it. As I always trusted that guy, I just bought FS17 on november 2016 from cyber monday sale without even questioning his judgement.
Now, I hold him accountable for the change in my entire life :lol:
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Thanks for the kind words, guys :)

We try our best to make this place (and even more important FS19) a bit better every day. :)
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Nordvarg wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:33 am
RODHA wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:58 amWhat a game this is :hi:
Yeah, I find it kind of funny actually, that I’m sooo hooked to this game.

I’ve played tons of shooters, racing, RPG, and action games. If someone would have told me years ago my overall favorite would be a farming simulation game, I’d have laughed hard in their face in disbelief :biggrin2:
I come from the racing games like F1 and Project Cars to name a few and since picking up FS on the PS4 and PC i have not looked back.

Fantastic game franchise
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

Nordvarg wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:33 am If someone would have told me years ago my overall favorite would be a farming simulation game, I’d have laughed hard in their face in disbelief :biggrin2:
Agreed. Its a big change.
Forza Ave. speed: 144mph
FS17 Ave. speed: 8mph

Battlefield 1: Stabbing baddies with bayonet
FS17: Stabbing bales with forks

GTA V: Filling the garage with pickup trucks
FS17: Filling the garage with tractors
RODHA wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:58 am .. I'm probably over 2000hrs now (thank to Sony I can't even check that simple information *thumbsdown* )
I'm right there with you. I lost count at about 1500. (When I started deleting save games)
Microsoft does not let you see total hours either.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Farmer216 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:13 amMicrosoft does not let you see total hours either.
I wonder why do Micky and Sony insist on being so stupid about those kinds of extremely simple things.
PS5 / FS22
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

On Xbox, if you go to a specific games game hub, under the achievement section, does it not have time played at the top with the other stats?
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

Oh hey! I learned something new! Thx Nigel

107days
6hrs
51mins
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
Nordvarg

Post by Nordvarg »

Farmer216 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:13 am Agreed. Its a big change.
Forza Ave. speed: 144mph
FS17 Ave. speed: 8mph

Battlefield 1: Stabbing baddies with bayonet
FS17: Stabbing bales with forks

GTA V: Filling the garage with pickup trucks
FS17: Filling the garage with tractors
Genius! :biggrin2:
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

I have to say thanks also to GIANTS. Especially the guys who interact with the forums. I'm not always the most positive person on here,but I will tell you these guys communicate with us 1000 times more than some bigger companies forums do. You want an example. Battlefront EA. At least GIANTS answers us. It may not be the answers we want but it is better than non-communication. I hope if GIANTS grows that big,that this place stays the same.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

I too need to say thanks Giants. You have made an awesome game and the player-company (I guess that's the best way to put it) communication through the forum is great!! Thanks again for an awesome product Giants *thumbsup*
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks