Follow me Program

Bigdavel

Follow me Program

Post by Bigdavel »

I have the follow me program and it works great. I use it all the time. Using a hired worker. The only difficulty I have is when harvesting and getting the receiver vehicle by the side , correct distance everything. If the harvester turns to the right everything is hunky dorey. If the harvester turns to the left, it throws up obstacle helper x has blocked by an obstacle. Can anyone enlighten me to How I can solve this so that everything runs smooth. I have tried Huge headers and small headers, If anyone could suggest, A type of combine, type of header, and type of tipper, I would be most grateful. The distances I am using at the moment are, offset left 10, ahead 10. this puts the tipper trailer right at the extreme for the harvester to go in to the trailer. Its great on long fields. I can flick back and forward to prevent stoppages. but on shorter fields. it becomes a bind. any suggestions on smooth running will help.
Hairy Bob

Re: Follow me Program

Post by Hairy Bob »

I'll second that recommendation, courseplay can seem daunting at first but with some practice it makes things run much smoother.
TeaBelly did a good series of tutorials for fs15, which are still useful, and Ian Robson has done some more up to date videos, both are on YouTube.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
hpmc13

Re: Follow me Program

Post by hpmc13 »

I agree. Follow-Me is fantastic for a lot of things, but harvesting isn't really one of them. Courseplay does take a bit to get used to but it's worth it.

If you really want to use follow-me then I suggest AIVehicleExtension. It can harvest in a circle, always turning right, so that the tipper can stay to the left.
Playing on PC