Do you know your manufacturers?

eric21

Do you know your manufacturers?

Post by eric21 »

Saw some people question about the recent DLC. Someone posted about Ropa having a rival which is false as they and Gilmer work close together.

Now that got me thinking, how much do you know of the manufacturerspecifications in game? It seems there's a few people who don't understand how manufacturerspecifications work together or peoples experience with them
Guil

Re: Do you know your manufacturers?

Post by Guil »

Moved to off topic.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I mean, I farm in real life so I know a good bit about them
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

I know the difference between a big Mac and a whopper.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

I thought Valtra was a Giants creation. It seemed too perfect, too customizable.
They're real, they even come in the colors I'd painted them.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

I know a good amount about them. I know more about some brands than others.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
W1der

Post by W1der »

I know that people (including myself) think they "know stuff" but they are sometimes "miss informed".
If this person is under the age of 25 ... it will probably be hard to convince them that they are wrong.

For me (at the age of 42) I am starting to become a bit more open minded ...
I have seen plenty of mods where I thought UNREALISTIC ... just to be proven wrong by a youtube clip that shows the equipment IRL.

I know diddly squat ...

It must be really hard for the GIANTS crew, as I think they actually know a great deal about the equipment/manufacturers in the game.
But they have to ignore all this knowledge as their main customers are "12 year old´s" that does not care for any type of realism at all ... :lol:

... *stops rambling*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Guil

Post by Guil »

Everyone is an expert on everything with Google, all you need to know is what terms to search and you can find 99% of the things that you need to know.
garyst

Post by garyst »

I know alot about most the major manufacturers like jd, cnh, and agco. I also know alot about all the short line manufacturers used in my area like amco, bigham bros., kbh, wilrich, etc. But when it comes to the short line implement brands used in this game I honestly can say I have never heard or know nothing about most of them. every time lisertan updates the mod list i have to google most of them just to find out what they are.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Learning about tractors and equipment has been a hobby/interest of mine for a long time. For most of my life, that has been about Deere almost exclusively because that's what I grew up with. In the last 10 years or so, I've expanded to learning a little more about other brands. Farming Simulator has opened me up to other brands I wasn't familiar with...particularly European brands.

At 40 years old, I'm still learning new things every day. Primary knowledge for everyone is regional. Living in a region where dairy farming is by far the most popular type of farming, specialty equipment for things like cereal grains and root crops were was foreign to me.

I agree that guys who claim to know everything actually don't know much of anything. They are mostly just ignorant and can't see beyond their back 40. They have a particular brand of equipment, the guy across the road does too as well as another guy a mile down the road...so therefore it's the best and most popular. It amazes me how many guys rant about certain things and turn out to be just gamers who have never stepped foot on a farm.

Google can make anyone feel like an expert...but sometimes one has to know where to start looking. As convenient as Google is, people are lazy too. Sometimes people want to be told the answer without actually having to do anything but asking the question.