Show off your PC

Robbh6

Show off your PC

Post by Robbh6 »

Not sure if this has been done before but what the hell. :biggrin2:

In a world of unicorn fart lighting, tempered glass, fancy fans and watercooled goodness. Computer's these days are looking better and better.

So whether your PC is air cooled, watercooled via an AIO, custom water loops, it's pre-built, a budget build, or no expense spared build. Unicorn farts or not. Show off your rig! :biggrin2:

If your happy to list off your specs, even better. *thumbsup*

So without further ado. My rig. Which is still a work in progress.

Just before the water loop went in with 120mm rad AIO that struggled keeping the CPU cool.

The waterloop in and being leak tested with a loop cleaning solution. (mayhems blitz kit) Apologies for the sideways photo? It only uploads sideways.... :confusednew:

I still need to switch a few things up. For example. I'm running a soft tube from CPU block to radiator temporarily as I'm still waiting for some more hard tube fittings to arrive.
Adjust and paint the pump mount.
Sleeve the 24 pin atx cables.
Buy another rgb fan.
And then fill with some blue mayhems fluid. And turn on the rgb lighting in the pump and cpu block.

Eventually when nVidia drop next gen cards I'll be upgrading GPU too and putting it on water also.

Specs!
Main components:
I5 - 7600k @ 4.8GHz
16GB Team Group Ram
Z270F Strix mobo
GTX 1050ti gpu
250GB Kingston SSD
2TB WD black HDD

Case:
Lian-li pc-011 dynamic
6x XSPC rgb fans
1x corsair non rgb fan

Watercooling:
EK evo supremacy block
EK D5 140 Pump/res combo
EK PETG 12mm tubing
EK hard tube fittings
XSPC AX360 radiator

I think that's it! I will post more pictures as it evolves.

So yea.... Show us your rig!! :biggrin2:
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: Show off your PC

Post by Lisertan »

Mine looks too boring to be honest. Never been a fan of sparkle sparkle PCs.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Guil

Post by Guil »

Mines the same. Just a standard Dell optiplex with upgrade CPU, GPU and RAM.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

My tower is old and falling apart. :/ - But, I keep her running as smooth as possible. Play FS17 on Highest Settings, and Realistic Beacons are sweet! Unless, it's middle of the night, playing with Seasons and in a Shed. Drove through the barn, That ended up with me wrecking because I was staring at the wall. Although, did pull a couple tractors into my barn one night. Flipped on the Beacons and then played Sexy and I Know It. Was bored, don't judge! LOL
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:59 am Mine looks too boring to be honest. Never been a fan of sparkle sparkle PCs.
Ah it's all good. Hardware is hardware.
The sparkle, sparkle unicorn fart LED thing is optional.... :lol:

I thought the same when I started. But stupidly bought a case with a small perspex window... And yea.. It grew on me.
Guil wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:08 pmMines the same. Just a standard Dell optiplex with upgrade CPU, GPU and RAM.
Wish I started with something similar. My wallet cries on regular occasions.
But... I really enjoy building and modding more than using it.... :biggrin2:
GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:26 pm My tower is old and falling apart. :/ - But, I keep her running as smooth as possible. Play FS17 on Highest Settings, and Realistic Beacons are sweet! Unless, it's middle of the night, playing with Seasons and in a Shed. Drove through the barn, That ended up with me wrecking because I was staring at the wall. Although, did pull a couple tractors into my barn one night. Flipped on the Beacons and then played Sexy and I Know It. Was bored, don't judge! LOL
LOL! This made me laugh..... :lol:

But also makes me want to try it..... :blushnew:
PC MasterRace

SPECS-
Asus maximus hero X mobo
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

I love building my PC. It has power AF, it just doesn't look great. It's an i7 with a 1080TI and 32gig Ram and a 4k screen.

Fantastic for gaming, bad to look at because I didn't give a beep
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

LOL - Robb, it definitely makes a fun night! Was thinking of another night time party in the barn. Think next time I'll pull that JCB TM320s from the ModHub into the mix, it has that nice light bar on it. Make some good effects on the strobes. Think, my next song will be Sorry for Party Rocking! LOL Just hope the police don't pull up to my barn! HA
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I built my first pc about 15 or 16 years ago, it's like Lego lol.

I have a thread here somewhere about getting my pc but the graphics card was more expensive than everything else combined.

I5 2400
12gb ram
Gtx 1050ti
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Aye, mine is roughly 13/14 years old. Built it when I was 15. Grandfather bought the parts, I put it all together. Keep it running. Some components are old, but still work decent enough. Still running the old AMD-A10-5800K Quad-Core Processor in it, but... I'm definitely not using on board graphics. As a processor, it gets the job done. It's got 8GB of memory and I have the Radeon RX560 4GB Graphics Card. Not the best, but... not the worst out there either. It plays FS on the highest setting. I can play a game like MAD MAX on high. So, it gets the job done for me. :)

Was going to rebuild it. Poor tower is falling apart. But, couple years ago... I left my job, stay home at take care of my grandfather. He's 75, C.O.P.D/Emphysema. Can't be on his own anymore. So, I made the decision to keep him out of a nursing home. Grandparents took me in, when I was young... though they didn't have to. So, of course I made the decision to stick with him through it all and keep him out of a nursing home.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I've been back and forth playing FS. I played 13 on XB360, 15 on my 11 year old Compaq (low settings), and 17 on XB1. I missed playing on the PC (really missed GPS). Although I'll likely play 19 on the XB1, I just ordered a Dell XPS that I hope will cover me for 19 and maybe a versions after:

i7-8700
16 GB DD4 2666 MHz
2 TB 7200 RPM HDD
AMD Radeon RX 580 8 GB GDDR5
Killer 1535 wifi
Dell 28 Ultra HD 4K Monitor

I should have it in about two weeks. My old machine is really showing its age, so I'm hugely looking forward to the new one.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:17 pm I love building my PC. It has power AF, it just doesn't look great. It's an i7 with a 1080TI and 32gig Ram and a 4k screen.

Fantastic for gaming, bad to look at because I didn't give a beep
That sounds like a beastly build lisertan!

A 4k screen would be nice but think my 1050ti would struggle a bit. Plus prices of 1080's a couple of months ago were ludicrous!
But my 1050ti plays fs17 at max settings at 60fps all day long so I'm happy for now. At least until next gen GPU's.

@guil. Definitely agree putting them together is like lego. But great fun.
Also intricate when you start sleeving cables and bending hard tube! Lol.

Earnest Pea. That 8700 will be awesome. If I were to build again I'd definitely pick something along those lines but would have to be a K sku. Just for overclocking.

And I've only ever played FS on console previous to building this PC. Never going back to console.
PC MasterRace

SPECS-
Asus maximus hero X mobo
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

It's up and running again for the time being.

Just ran a CPU torture test on prime 95 for an hour, and temps are 20°C down running on this waterblock compared to my AIO.
Low 70's now instead of low/mid 90's @ 4.8GHz.

Looking forward now to seeing how much more of difference it will make delidding the cpu and replacing the toothpaste Intel use under the IHS with liquid metal.

Then I'll push the clock speed a bit more..... :gamer: hopefully.
PC MasterRace

SPECS-
Asus maximus hero X mobo
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Robbh6 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:49 pm Earnest Pea. That 8700 will be awesome. If I were to build again I'd definitely pick something along those lines but would have to be a K sku. Just for overclocking.
I considered the K, but I had already racked up a heart attack inducing bill, so I was trying to cut costs without sacrificing too much performance.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

Lol! I don't think it's too much of a sacrifice not having the K. Sounds like it'll be a very capable build anyway. *thumbsup*

I probably wouldn't have bought a K sku if it wasn't for my friend who showed me what overclocking was all about on his own rig. I'm blaming him for the insane amount of money I've spent so far..... :lol:
PC MasterRace

SPECS-
Asus maximus hero X mobo
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Have you had a chance to run FS on your new setup yet? How is it?
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1