LINUX

Ethiofarmer

LINUX

Post by Ethiofarmer »

Hello!

Many times I have seen questions about playing FS under LINUX. I am playing FS13 and FS17 under Linux Mint 18.3

So, if you face any trouble, let me know.

Yours

Thomas
Nicht weil die Dinge schwierig sind, wagen wir sie nicht, sondern weil wir sie nicht wagen, sind sie schwierig
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie gerne behalten :rolleyesnew: , oder mir mitteilen, damit ich sie korrigiere!
Earnest Pea

Re: LINUX

Post by Earnest Pea »

Ethiofarmer wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:26 am Many times I have seen questions about playing FS under LINUX. I am playing FS13 and FS17 under Linux Mint 18.3
Are you running FS using Wine? Were any adjustments required? How is the performance? I run dual boot (Fedora/Windows) in order to run things like FS and Sketchup.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Ethiofarmer

Post by Ethiofarmer »

Yes, I am running FS 13 and 17 using wine. FS13 runs well with Wine1.6. Version 1.6 is the version in the official repositories. FS17 doesn't work with this version.

If you have installed WINE 1.6, please remove it completely otherwise you will get a conflict between both versions. I am using WINE 3.0. Using this version works well for both FS13 and 17.

On the homepage of Wine you will find the version 3.0 and a guide how to install it properly.

https://wiki.winehq.org/Download

Hope, this helps you.
I didn't have to make any adjustments.

Thomas
Nicht weil die Dinge schwierig sind, wagen wir sie nicht, sondern weil wir sie nicht wagen, sind sie schwierig
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie gerne behalten :rolleyesnew: , oder mir mitteilen, damit ich sie korrigiere!
Berrichon38

Post by Berrichon38 »

Hello Ethiofarmer,

Did you run FS2019 under linux ?

I tried with playonlinux but i've got a ugly screen inside the game. It works normally with the introduction and the menu.
In game, it's very slow and i can't see the objects normally.

Any idea ?
Shivaa

Post by Shivaa »

I'm under linux, same, I do not have any problems for now neither in the graphics nor anything else.
Ethiofarmer

LINUX

Post by Ethiofarmer »

Hello Berrichon38,
I am not playing FS19 yet. Still I feel very satisfied by FS17. But also with FS17 I got trouble with playonlinux. In the meantime WINE4.0 is released. Have a look on https://wiki.winehq.org/Download to get WINE4.0. This should work well. If you try it, please give me a feedback!

Sincerely
Thomas
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

I runs fine under Wine 4.0 had it running under the RC version before but that takes a while to compile. Meanwhile the debian packages are released and it's stable. And must say it runs solid.
Berrichon38

Post by Berrichon38 »

Hello

After a break, i try again installing FS2019.
I installed a new ubuntu version, the 19.04 release. Then wine 4.0, and after Play On Linux. The FS2019 installation was sucessfull with POL.
I configure wine for FS2019 with windows10. I had a bug about the screen resolution but i modified it in the "game.xml".
The game runs fine for the introduction and the menu. But i got the same problem when i tried to play.

Thanks for your help.
Ethiofarmer

Post by Ethiofarmer »

Hello guys,

I tried now also FS19 on WINE4.0. Here we go:

open the folder "/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019". There you'll find a file named "game.xml". Open it and change the following part:

<renderer>D3D_11</renderer>

into

<renderer>D3D_9</renderer>

(change "eleven" to "nine")
Than it should work properly.

If there is any trouble yet, reduce the graphic settings. On WINE your hardware is not as powerful as on Windows. Maybe one day, GIANTS will start to support LINUX OS.

Thomas
Kalyo

Post by Kalyo »

Tried to run in on my notebook with Manjaro but...
Bad idea it was.
Ethiofarmer

Post by Ethiofarmer »

Hello Kalyo,
I would like to help you, but I don't know, what you have tried.
WINE3.0 or WINE4.0 or do you have trouble with the graphics?

Waiting for your respond.

Thomas
arnoldkol

Post by arnoldkol »

Hey guys am new to linux and would love to run fs19 on it i have installed wine 4.2 stable opened the game using it and gives me this error

002a:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x820000 0 0x23dda0 4 stub
0009:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x33fe24 (nil)): stub

also it is cracked version can i be helped?
Ethiofarmer

Post by Ethiofarmer »

Hello arnoldkol,

If fs19 is a cracked version I will not help you, even if I knew the problem. GIANTS software is programming one of the greatest simulators and is worth the price for a genuine version.
arnoldkol

Post by arnoldkol »

Ethiofarmer wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:07 pm Hello arnoldkol,

If fs19 is a cracked version I will not help you, even if I knew the problem. GIANTS software is programming one of the greatest simulators and is worth the price for a genuine version.
no problem tommorow i will make payments and buy official copy but when i buy what will i do to run it
webalizer

Post by webalizer »

If you don‘t mind, buy it via Steam and play it via Steamplay (=proton = wine). This runs a ton of windows games without any hassle on linux.