Rake and Bale in one go ... In cabin view from Real Life.

W1der

Rake and Bale in one go ... In cabin view from Real Life.

Post by W1der »

Here is one of them things I would have said was unrealistic if I seen someone do it in FS.

[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
anthu

Re: Rake and Bale in one go ... In cabin view from Real Life.

Post by anthu »

Why should it be?
It is hay. You can swadt and bale them.
If you to this with two worksteps or one makes no matter.

Lg
Andreas
W1der

Post by W1der »

It´s just I never seen it attached in the front IRL ever before ... :smileynew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

Never seen it either, but it would hardly work on green crops. Most hay requires at least 2 days drying after cutting,then raking, then an additional day drying the underside that's now on top, then baling. Probably straw & pasture grass you could do this on. Or crops with very low tonnage/acre.
I make jokes that others don't get.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^^You have to ted it to do that.^^^ All the hay I've ever been around is tedded at least once and the baler follows right behind the rake when it's dry. Here you're lucky to get two days back to back without rain so drying without a tedder is impossible.

People in my area are just now getting into wrapped silage. I'd say we have a similar climate to the UK so it makes sense cattle farmers will start to adapt some practices from across the pond.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

Ahh. I've actually never seen a tender so no idea how that works.
I make jokes that others don't get.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Don’t know much about tending and all that but some areas of the U.K. haven’t had rain for nearly two months now so it must be bone dry. Recommend people subscribe to George he’s quite a character
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

BigNRichlll wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:13 pm Ahh. I've actually never seen a tender so no idea how that works.
*Tedder. Where I'm from we call them hay kickers. They basically stir the grass up so it dries evenly. Usually do it once daily until you bale. If it's really dry and you're lucky, you can get away with doing it once before raking. If we didn't use them, the underside would mold before it ever got dry enough to bale. It's very humid here with heavy dew every morning. The ground stays wet year-round.

Back when my grandpa still put up hay he had a year that it rained for 4 solid days after he cut. (so much for the weather forecast). It had already started rotting and he had to get it off the field so the second cutting could grow. With really no better options at the time, we hooked an old horse drawn hay rake up to the tractor, raked it all up in a pile, and burned it. It was quite a fire to say the least. Good times.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!