Big Bud

tuki24ia

Big Bud

Post by tuki24ia »

https://imgur.com/a/CDAo1dp
Went to see big bud in person at the heartland musuem in Clarion, Iowa and thought people might want to see just how massive it is.

Edit don_apple: moved from 'General Discussion' to 'Off-Topic' since this is not directly related to the game.
fenixguy

Re: Big Bud

Post by fenixguy »

Nice! I was just in Omaha a few weeks ago. Didn't realize I was that close to a legend. (Well, I did get to see a Union Pacific "Big Boy" and a Centennial locomotive so that was nice) Should've taken a drive out there.

To be such a legendary tractor, it doesn't seem to be very well taken care of. Maybe they're in the process of a restoration but she seriously needs a fresh coat of paint.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
tuki24ia

Post by tuki24ia »

Seems to be a costly tractor to house in a museum right now they are trying to get 2 of the tires fixed enough to put them back on.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I can't imagine how hard it would be to fix those tires, especially on BB.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

If memory serves they were custom made one-of-a-kind tires made for that tractor when it was built in 78. Made in Canada somewhere. Looks like they pretty much wore them right out.... I thought I remember once reading on the Williams Bros. website about putting a second set of tires on it but I might be imagining. New tires now are probably more than the tractor is worth at this stage in her life :shock:
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

i read something that the company who made the custom tires for it went out of business, that's when they decided to retire it and put it in a museum
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Did they make the museum around it? Lol.
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

They probably have some big bay doors, does tuki24ia know since he went there
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I’ve seen a YouTube video (sorry but it was almost six months ago don’t know if I could find it again) where they drove it outta the museum through a bay door if someone wants to try finding that video it was made by a local news station which someone then uploaded to YouTube
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's more than likely in the thread in announcements for the big bud dlx but not sure.
incase380

Post by incase380 »

That is an impressive piece of machinery.