Numbers

PoggleBox

Re: Numbers

Post by PoggleBox »

Education. Hmm. Education is supposed to prepare you for life. It does not. It steers you into complying with a broken society and broken ideals that will shape the way you live your life - for life. It shapes your expectations for life too. A pessimistic view? Sure is. Why so pessimistic? Well at 56 years of age with an IQ of 142 and coming from a simple working-class family I've had a lifetime to form this opinion.

If you are of a mind to play the game of life the way the system is set up now, then the numbers mean everything and at the same time nothing. You'll need the numbers to progress at the game as it is laid out. But, if you can think beyond the numbers and look at the bigger picture, the structure of the game itself, then the numbers mean little if anything. It is so much harder for people to achieve this today because most of it has already been done. By other people who can think beyond the numbers.

I tried the numbers. I worked out the game pretty early in life. I listened to people who've played the game. 'Successful' people. It's not for me. Never has been, never will be. Am I successful? If judged by society, I'm an abject failure. But I try to treat people with respect. I won't step on any toes to get what I want or where I want to be and I'm happy with my life. So in my eyes, I'm successful and that's all that counts to me.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Wow...just wow
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
psfd237

Post by psfd237 »

PoggleBox wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:52 pm Education. Hmm. Education is supposed to prepare you for life. It does not. It steers you into complying with a broken society and broken ideals that will shape the way you live your life - for life. It shapes your expectations for life too. A pessimistic view? Sure is. Why so pessimistic? Well at 56 years of age with an IQ of 142 and coming from a simple working-class family I've had a lifetime to form this opinion.

If you are of a mind to play the game of life the way the system is set up now, then the numbers mean everything and at the same time nothing. You'll need the numbers to progress at the game as it is laid out. But, if you can think beyond the numbers and look at the bigger picture, the structure of the game itself, then the numbers mean little if anything. It is so much harder for people to achieve this today because most of it has already been done. By other people who can think beyond the numbers.

I tried the numbers. I worked out the game pretty early in life. I listened to people who've played the game. 'Successful' people. It's not for me. Never has been, never will be. Am I successful? If judged by society, I'm an abject failure. But I try to treat people with respect. I won't step on any toes to get what I want or where I want to be and I'm happy with my life. So in my eyes, I'm successful and that's all that counts to me.
This fascinates me, being as I'm the same age group as you. Different parts of the world yet we still have the same opinions of life and education. Like you, according to society today I am also a failure but I'm quite happy with my simple life now and wouldn't want it any other way.