Console players spamming modders and websites

BulletBill

Re: Console players spamming modders and websites

Post by BulletBill »

I think the only thing this sort of topic proves and my own experience is regardless of whether they play on console or PC many players will harass, pour abuse, even threaten a modder because of there own selfish, self entitled personality.

Sadly today most people have the attitude of "me first". It's all about them and stuff anyone else around them. That greedy, selfish trait is one the main causes of problems in the world.

People are rarely taught anymore to think of other people.

I've seen the best and the worst of the community in the last few years.

My end verdict of releasing mods publicly?

It is not worth it one bit....

I'll explain...

You spend 5 years of your life learning new skills with graphic design software, GIANTS Editor etc, not even got to Blender properly yet.
You spend thousands of hours on a project that means a lot to you, because without that motivation modding becomes a job and takes all the enjoyment out of it.

So now you have a mod, maybe you've shared it with a few friends and they have said you should release it publicly.

What happens?

For the most part you get the majority of people positive or kind in there feedback, however you get plenty of negative feedback, most of it non-constructive. Everyone wants it the way they want. I want no hedges, I don't want hills, why didn't you do this, why is this broken (even when its not) etc...
The problem is no matter how hard you try you always focus on the 1 negative comment rather than the 4 or 5 positive ones.

Then when you get to the stage of putting it on console and have to deal with GIANTS Q&A Team... well let's just say you had better learn a lot of patience.

After that you get constant hassle and nagging from every kind of person from young kids to retired people asking you to make this, fix that, how do you do this, can you do this for me etc...

Many times on my FB page I would have over 500 PMs a day, most wanting something of me. No surprise I turned the PM service off. Thats not including Discord, and forums like this.
People treat you like your there to serve them and there needs. Some are polite and friendly, but most are not.

At the end of the day most modders do or should mod for there own enjoyment. There job is not to fix Farming Simulator, nor to provide endless content for free to the players. Nor should the community constantly rely on them to do that.
They should be modding for themselves how they want to. No demands, no changing things to suit other playing styles that have no interest to them, no pressure. Just enjoyment.

And last of all stop with this constant stupid argument over "PC Master race" and "Console players"... both communities have fantastic members and horrible ones. Neither is better or worse than the other.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Not cool dragging MrSealyP's name into this. On many of his most recent Farming Simulator 19 videos he's said numerous times not to hassle specific modders and map makers as it just distracts them and slows down their work at converting and porting over their work from FS17 to FS19. He's been great at telling us what maps etc are coming in the future, but stating we need to be a little bit patient.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

juf.de wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:23 am My advice is:
- if you do not want the attention from kids do not publish your work on social media (you do not need the publicity, as your mod will spread anyway)
- if you plan to release your mod to the public and fear bad comments/PMs afterwards do it through modding site without comment section like giants mod hub for example
This and this
Never heard of Redkeinstus getting threatened. Also I don't understand why pc people feel so superior in this case, there are pc players that spam modders too, why don't we talk about them too. It shouldn't be oh these console players are so annoying, because we're not all like that.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
catfan1212

Post by catfan1212 »

for real i would never spam modders because im patient
farming on ps4 :biggrin2:
catfan1212

Post by catfan1212 »

unlike some people who only post in the modding section begging modders to make mods
farming on ps4 :biggrin2:
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Console player here, my 2 cents.

I will patiently wait on cool mods by third party artists and contributers. As a graphic designer by trade myself I know how impatient and downright rude people can be expecting me to give up my free time to work on something for them in which they also are NOT PAYING me for. So may I say I anxiously, and as silently as I can wait for the awesome mods that will be forthcoming by some very talented people. My hats off to you.

I see BulletBill has posted, so I want to add to you directly. You sir, are very talented. Your Coldborough Park Farm is truly a work of art in the map world. I see a lot of thought and effort and love went into that map knowing the back story of it and all. As far as I am concerned that map is the bar in which all other maps compare themselves to. So, from a mid-aged American, Thank You.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

BreadedVirus wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:09 am I thought it was only FS console players that spammed, threatened and insulted modders.

How wrong I was...

I have seen console player after console player spam literally every modder for FS on Facebook and other FS forums for mods.

This below is from a modder who is tired of console players spamming, threats and verbally abusing him about his mods.

Now, imagine how FS modders feel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/4 ... g_modders/

And here, console players thinking they are entitled to everything and shredding up anyone who doesn’t agree with them.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/fo ... nt-1685462

Even MrSealyP went on a rant with regards to the console and PC versions...

Not every console player is like that, but those people are truly putting modders off from releasing their mods for you.

I had a mod that I was going to get out, but after all the stuff...it’s for myself and a few others only.

The more you bug, harass and insult the less you get.

Chill.
PREACH! I'm a console player myself, an im getting sick of it as well! Just grateful for what we do get, thank you! screw those other idiots
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

lefe1 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:40 am well you have to take the good with the bad, and if you can't handle the heat you shouldn't be in the kitchen. that being said, look at John Deere a lot of people put them down, Does that stop John Deere from making tractors, Nope it does not because they know that they have the backing of supporters of their products. And also do you realize that a lot more kids 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 year olds own a console and not a PC.(I say 5 to 1 own a console compared to pc) a lot of these comments are coming from young kids get over it if you can't over look some snotty nose kids comment than may be you shouldn't be in this. it's just the facts. I don't agree when people attack other but it will never stop. So you have 20 people attacking you but you also have 2000 people supporting you, your just going to stop what you love doing because of those 20? mmmm. how about the 2000 people that support you. that don't make since to ignore the 2000 that are supporting you. really really think about it... no matter what anybody does in life you will allways have people that will put you down. So if you can't ignore the bad one and look at the good one that support what you do or modders do. then you should do something else.......Hey and this is my 2cents in all this......
Makes ZERO sense, every manufacturer take heat on their equipment, yes they do still make them. Why? Because there is a profit, modders dont get a profit out of what they make, so its all good will. You Dont throw a "B" fit about free stuff. You take what you get and keep your mouth shut, because the modders can just pick up and quit, then we get back to FS15 with no mods. They wont stop what they love doing, they just wont make the mods public, kids today are spoiled, they dont work for anything or have respect, so yes, if i made mods and dealt with them id either block them or just make my mods private for friends and selected users, you u cant do that on console. 20/2000 hecklers can get me annoyed and pi** off if im doing something at good will.

Its like going to a party with NO beer, get offered a Miller Lite(terrible beer). Do i Bratwurst about free beer? hell no,i keep my mouth shut and i either drink it and keep drinking it tell i have my own or i dont drink at all.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

iLLBill606 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:15 pm ...modders dont get a profit out of what they make, so its all good will...
No one and I mean NO ONE does a single thing in this world just for others or just for good will. Be realistic.
There is absolutely a "type" of profit.
Profit doesn't always come in the form money. Sometimes it is just self satisfaction, sometimes there is a future investment like making a name, sometimes it just the joy of doing something, so on and so forth... but absolutely not for making others happy or satisfied...
PS5 / FS22
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:03 am I think the only thing this sort of topic proves and my own experience is regardless of whether they play on console or PC many players will harass, pour abuse, even threaten a modder because of there own selfish, self entitled personality.

Sadly today most people have the attitude of "me first". It's all about them and stuff anyone else around them. That greedy, selfish trait is one the main causes of problems in the world.

People are rarely taught anymore to think of other people.

I've seen the best and the worst of the community in the last few years.

My end verdict of releasing mods publicly?

It is not worth it one bit....

I'll explain...

You spend 5 years of your life learning new skills with graphic design software, GIANTS Editor etc, not even got to Blender properly yet.
You spend thousands of hours on a project that means a lot to you, because without that motivation modding becomes a job and takes all the enjoyment out of it.

So now you have a mod, maybe you've shared it with a few friends and they have said you should release it publicly.

What happens?

For the most part you get the majority of people positive or kind in there feedback, however you get plenty of negative feedback, most of it non-constructive. Everyone wants it the way they want. I want no hedges, I don't want hills, why didn't you do this, why is this broken (even when its not) etc...
The problem is no matter how hard you try you always focus on the 1 negative comment rather than the 4 or 5 positive ones.

Then when you get to the stage of putting it on console and have to deal with GIANTS Q&A Team... well let's just say you had better learn a lot of patience.

After that you get constant hassle and nagging from every kind of person from young kids to retired people asking you to make this, fix that, how do you do this, can you do this for me etc...

Many times on my FB page I would have over 500 PMs a day, most wanting something of me. No surprise I turned the PM service off. Thats not including Discord, and forums like this.
People treat you like your there to serve them and there needs. Some are polite and friendly, but most are not.

At the end of the day most modders do or should mod for there own enjoyment. There job is not to fix Farming Simulator, nor to provide endless content for free to the players. Nor should the community constantly rely on them to do that.
They should be modding for themselves how they want to. No demands, no changing things to suit other playing styles that have no interest to them, no pressure. Just enjoyment.

And last of all stop with this constant stupid argument over "PC Master race" and "Console players"... both communities have fantastic members and horrible ones. Neither is better or worse than the other.
Im a Console Player myself and i just wanna say think you Bill for everything you have done thus far! If its a map, vehicle, or a placement i give it a try and you do amazing work! If i dont enjoy it, i simply dont play it and keep my mouth shut! I wait for your next mod or someone else that makes something that is closer to my preference without begging or harassing. That is how it should be, Modders do this at free will, people should be whining about free stuff. Modders can still mod for their enjoyment and just not release them, so to the spoiled people out their with no respect. STOP, because your ruining it for us casual players that are happy for what we get! I myself dont want to go back to the FS15 days of NO mods! Those who complain should do modding themselves and see first hand

Old saying goes:
If you offer me a Miller Lite at the bar or at a party, i either drink it or i dont. You dont throw a fit about free stuff. Otherwise buy/bring your own.

Thanks again Bill, you are respected from me for sure!
Lord_Beelzebub

Post by Lord_Beelzebub »

BreadedVirus wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:09 am I thought it was only FS console players that spammed, threatened and insulted modders.

How wrong I was...

I have seen console player after console player spam literally every modder for FS on Facebook and other FS forums for mods.

This below is from a modder who is tired of console players spamming, threats and verbally abusing him about his mods.

Now, imagine how FS modders feel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/4 ... g_modders/

And here, console players thinking they are entitled to everything and shredding up anyone who doesn’t agree with them.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/fo ... nt-1685462

Even MrSealyP went on a rant with regards to the console and PC versions...

Not every console player is like that, but those people are truly putting modders off from releasing their mods for you.

I had a mod that I was going to get out, but after all the stuff...it’s for myself and a few others only.

The more you bug, harass and insult the less you get.

Chill.
Now you know how game developers feel. Go ask them how you deal with it. Good thing for us they don’t have the same mentality.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

iLLBill606 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Makes ZERO sense,
100% true----->Those who haven't evolved have the loudest mouth and the most to say. Wisdom and maturity is silent.
Grey20

Post by Grey20 »

Well if players can't wait for mods from the experts who give up so much of their time for free to make us mods, then they can always make their own, all the software is available to them, that way they can have what they want when they want. Anyway why are people demanding so early there is no way anyone has explored the two Base maps properly yet, and to be honest I like them they are good maps.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

ok for my comments.. I wasn't trying in any way to pit console vs pc.. that's y I never blamed the problem on console players.. my only mention of console users was that I wanted to bring mods to consoles which is 200% true.. yea console users r guilty of the abuse and entitlement (not all or even most console users, please don't misunderstand me) but so r pc users.. ive seen a ton of shade thrown at modders by pc users as well.. idk if its an equal amount of abuse.. wouldn't even begin to speculate.. honestly it doesn't matter.. the abuse is there from all sides and its completely unwarranted.. its what turns lots of people away from modding for public use.. also its not a new issue.. but it is getting worse.. but I suppose that is to be expected.. the more games and platforms that become mod friendly the bigger the problem will become
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Lefe1 hit it on the head...console players have stuff ton of young, bratty little kids that want want want...and of course then get on social media to find the modders and hassle on there. I for the first time just started going to modders sites and checking things out. I never once put in a mod request, or bugged them. I will admit I ask if it's Consoles or just PC, if it's not , I say thanks and move on. It's the modders decision not anyone else's. As for modders reading this...just remember plz, not all console people are like this and we greatly appreciate the mods.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22