Console players spamming modders and websites

BreadedVirus

Console players spamming modders and websites

Post by BreadedVirus »

I thought it was only FS console players that spammed, threatened and insulted modders.

How wrong I was...

I have seen console player after console player spam literally every modder for FS on Facebook and other FS forums for mods.

This below is from a modder who is tired of console players spamming, threats and verbally abusing him about his mods.

Now, imagine how FS modders feel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/4 ... g_modders/

And here, console players thinking they are entitled to everything and shredding up anyone who doesn’t agree with them.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/fo ... nt-1685462

Even MrSealyP went on a rant with regards to the console and PC versions...

Not every console player is like that, but those people are truly putting modders off from releasing their mods for you.

I had a mod that I was going to get out, but after all the stuff...it’s for myself and a few others only.

The more you bug, harass and insult the less you get.

Chill.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Electsilver8

Re: Console players spamming modders and websites

Post by Electsilver8 »

I couldn't agree more. I'm a console player, but I get how people can be. I'm in a hurry for mods, but I'm waiting patiently, I know they will come. I'm not letting it push me away from the game.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Yea I'm real bummed with how people are getting. It will definitely push modders away from making mods available for console no doubt about it. I can't blame them but hate to see it as I'm only playing on PS4 now. Would love to get back to PC at some point but it's not likely. No one seems to consider that generosity is usually finite in the face of unreasonable expectations.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

I'm gonna be making the switch to pc in the next week, and I'm very excited about it. Never played this game on pc, but I heard alot of good things about it. I'm looking forward to alot more mods too.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

BreadedVirus wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:09 am

Even MrSealyP went on a rant with regards to the console and PC versions...

I am with you on the fact that no player should feel entitled to anything and appreciate that you have said that not all players are all the same. I am a console player and am happy with whatever I get.

With regards to the above quote. As you have named one person in particular, I feel you should clarify what you mean as it is quite ambiguous. Are you saying that Mr Sealyp has ranted about not getting mods, or ranted about the subject of players feeling entitled and demanding?

I have followed Mr Sealyp for quite a while now and would be surprised if he has been demanding etc as he really doesn’t seem that type.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

well you have to take the good with the bad, and if you can't handle the heat you shouldn't be in the kitchen. that being said, look at John Deere a lot of people put them down, Does that stop John Deere from making tractors, Nope it does not because they know that they have the backing of supporters of their products. And also do you realize that a lot more kids 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 year olds own a console and not a PC.(I say 5 to 1 own a console compared to pc) a lot of these comments are coming from young kids get over it if you can't over look some snotty nose kids comment than may be you shouldn't be in this. it's just the facts. I don't agree when people attack other but it will never stop. So you have 20 people attacking you but you also have 2000 people supporting you, your just going to stop what you love doing because of those 20? mmmm. how about the 2000 people that support you. that don't make since to ignore the 2000 that are supporting you. really really think about it... no matter what anybody does in life you will allways have people that will put you down. So if you can't ignore the bad one and look at the good one that support what you do or modders do. then you should do something else.......Hey and this is my 2cents in all this......
Last edited by lefe1 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Thinly vieled PC master race post.
RazorTal0n

Post by RazorTal0n »

I'm a console player and agree people need to chillout an play something else or just get on with the game.I got so many things going on at my farm from all animals to care for to silage and logging and making sure my workers do the crops i don't got time to worry about mods. Gotta make that cash.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Moved to off topic as it's not only associated with the game.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I get it Breaded.. I really do.. and u will catch a bit of flak for saying it.. and I may as well.. but idc.. honestly its a lot less flak than I would have caught simply by releasing my mods.. I came from console and when I got my pc for fs17 I wanted to bring mods to consoles and just users in general.. I learned a fair bit about 3d modeling and learned a bunch about GE.. learned loads of stuff.. and even had a road map of the mods I had in works and things I wanted to work on.. but as time passed with me seeing things from the other side of the fence my excitement drained away and was replaced by anxiety about it.. I was putting tons of effort into learning how to mod stuff that I don't even care to have in the game because its what other people wanted and I knew by watching how other modders were being treated that I would be treated like garbage for a huge number of reasons.. everything from bugs that may slip through (yea it happens) to something not being exactly the way someone wanted it.. I was genuinely getting stressed out over it.. and I knew what was gonna happen once I released mods.. people would begin to seek me out to either harass me or beg and demand things they wanted.. and they would likely knock my work.. something that I put tons of my own time into.. and for what? do I want mods for consoles? of course.. and my hat goes off to those who make mods for consoles.. but its not for me.. honestly my mods r and likely will forever remain private.. which is sad.. the map I made for fs17 was essentially what fs19 brought to the table.. it was a blank map with only 2 main roads on the western and northern sides of the map.. 3 sell points, store, animal dealer, wood and chips sell point and animal pins.. I planned this map specifically for consoles.. and I worked hard on it.. but it was buggy at first.. and even after I fixed those bugs I would find stuff I am sure would have slipped through testing.. and I would have been verbally assaulted over it.. some time into I I decided that I would never release it.. in fact I never even named it.. but I finished it.. its literally called "my map" and I have had a ton of fun playing it.. and I know lots of people would have.. but it simply wouldn't have been worth the headache of releasing it.. and no.. idc that the loudest bunch is a bunch of kids.. that's no excuse.. people need to teach their children that the way to get nice things is NOT by treating people like garbage.. call me pc master race or whatever.. I really don't care.. I would rather be called pc master race by a few people who don't understand than have something that I have poured myself into be insulted and treated like some commodity that is owed to them.. to date ive made more than a handful of mods.. and I can honestly say that every single thing ive made is something that I wanted.. not something for anyone else.. and ive felt no pressure.. and im my own biggest critic.. and because of these facts ive really really enjoyed my creations
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BreadedVirus wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:09 am Even MrSealyP went on a rant with regards to the console and PC versions...
Please don't spread false information without actual knowledge.
All MrSealyp did was giving a suitable answer to another person who thinks "buy a PC" is actually a meaningful comment.

Besides, I'm a console player and I never spammed or abused anybody.
So in my understanding, using the phrase "console players" and accusing every console player cannot have any type of good intentions in it.

This stupid problem is not PC vs Console. This is simply bad people being bad and flaming up a stupid discussion for viewing pleasure.
PS5 / FS22
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

My advice is:
- if you do not want the attention from kids do not publish your work on social media (you do not need the publicity, as your mod will spread anyway)
- if you plan to release your mod to the public and fear bad comments/PMs afterwards do it through modding site without comment section like giants mod hub for example
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

RODHA wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:17 am
BreadedVirus wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:09 am Even MrSealyP went on a rant with regards to the console and PC versions...
Please don't spread false information without actual knowledge.
All MrSealyp did was giving a suitable answer to another person who thinks "buy a PC" is actually a meaningful comment.

Besides, I'm a console player and I never spammed or abused anybody.
So in my understanding, using the phrase "console players" and accusing every console player cannot have any type of good intentions in it.

This stupid problem is not PC vs Console. This is simply bad people being bad and flaming up a stupid discussion for viewing pleasure.
Yeah, MSP tells it as he sees it, and I've been subscribed to him for... Little over a year I'd say, and he's never said anything about a mod being crappy or tells other people to shut up or anything like that, if i find a mod i have use for, ill download and use it, plain and simple, and this Console vs PC is nonsense, PC always wins, but none of us has the money to build a high end PC, so console is the only way to go, i have no complaints about anything, all i do is play the game, and report what i think is a bug in game or mod wise. But lefe1, i see kids today with Iphones, we never knew what that was, if kids today think they have it hard... They have another thing coming.
MrSealyp

Post by MrSealyp »

Woah, Woah, Woah... Why am I being dragged into this? I had a rant on my Facebook page about entitlement and negative/unhelpful comments being posted, which inflame debate and discussion. Using my name is unfair and misleading! I have always supported modders and have never spammed or encouraged anyone to hassle a modder. NOT FAIR AT ALL!!!
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

That's exactly right MSP.