Key bindings ideas

nisroc

Key bindings ideas

Post by nisroc »

First of a huge shout out for the ability to change keybinding without having to reload the whole game. This was a huge improvement.

Now the suggestions.

1. Create a introduction tool set up. In opintions has a create binds for wood chipper and all binds wil go directly to that tool This mean put a user on a tool such as a crane and allow them to set up a joystick or keymapping of their choice. This eliminates the lengthy search for the correct bind.

2. Seperate the tools in the keybind section, this make it easier for the user to identify the tools quicker. An example you would have wood chipper, frontend load, trailer, skid steer, etc sections. not only woulds this allow the user to identify the tool it would also allow them the ability to set up the tool quicker.

3. a search option, face it it looks like Giant Devs just threw it in with no ability to find what the user is loking for.

4. a memory of where the player left off. I am trying to set up a joystick for a crane and everytime i jump back to game to test it i end up coming back to seeing kinbind back at the keyboard state when im on the game pad section at the very bottom.

The keybind sectrion in this game has always been a weak point and has taken me hours to get the right settings. Please work on KEYBINDS to make them easier.
LS09God

Re: Key bindings ideas

Post by LS09God »

Also, they should include a layout for different crane or axis controls. I mean in the option it says "crane up" for instance, but it's used for more functions. Let us know what those are.
I had hire a detective to figure out what the Samson slurry sprayer used for operating the pipe. Turned out it was a crane input...
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
nisroc

Post by nisroc »

LS09God wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:51 am Also, they should include a layout for different crane or axis controls. I mean in the option it says "crane up" for instance, but it's used for more functions. Let us know what those are.
I had hire a detective to figure out what the Samson slurry sprayer used for operating the pipe. Turned out it was a crane input...
Yes, this is exactly why I suggested the tutorial set up. A simple tutorial that player would be set up in a crane and would have to set their key bind or sticks up as the player moved through the tutorial.

The first time I started setting up on FS19 I was so confused that I could not set up the crane proper, Sadly, took me about 2 hours because of the keybind mess
W1der

Post by W1der »

Yes ... this needs some improvements!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5