Need HELP building new PC for neighbor

Redneck Farmer

Need HELP building new PC for neighbor

Post by Redneck Farmer »

Ok so my next door neighbor asked me to build him and his kids a new computer and tells me he only wants to spend $350-450 on it and wants it to be an AMD CPU. So here is my question. Without useing a graphics card I have to use a GPU so which one of these tow would work best the Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega 8 or the Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega 11? And yes they do want to play FS19 as well as a few other games. Please help soon any and all input will be appreciated.
XBOX ONE and PC
Guil

Re: Need HELP building new PC for neighbor

Post by Guil »

Integrated graphics generally doesn't do well for any gaming. Have a look at something like can I run it on game debates website for guidance on how a system will perform on a particular game.
Rather

Post by Rather »

Guil wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:02 pm Integrated graphics generally doesn't do well for any gaming. Have a look at these probiotics if you have problems with IBS and something like can I run it on game debates website for guidance on how a system will perform on a particular game.
Not a chance will he be able to play games comfortably with an integrated GPU. You don't need a crazy GPU to play games nowadays, but it does have to be a dedicated graphics card.
Last edited by Rather on Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Depending on your level of comfort - or, more to the point, your neighbor's level of comfort since it's his money - there are a ton of second-hand graphics cards out there since the cryptocurrency bubble burst. I recently bought a used GTX 950 from eBay for a third of what Newegg was selling it for (also used.) We haven't had it that long but so far it's been rock-solid and looked brand new when it arrived. I can't comment on it's longevity and it may die tomorrow. There is no recourse for me if it does so I'm taking the risk. Your mileage can and will vary.

You absolutely need a dedicated card, though. If they also need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, case, power supply, a Windows license etc etc etc $350 is going to be a little tough depending on their expectations.

For comparing CPUs, I generally go here:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
Which is a run down of CPUs using all their cores/threads. Useful to know how fast they will do your day-to-day tasks.

And, more importantly for gaming, here:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
Single thread performance. FS19 specifically uses only one core/thread when it runs (as do a lot of other games, I believe) so this one is a bit more indicative of the performance you'll get.

For GPUs, here:
https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
For comparison's sake, I'm running a GTX 960 and happy with it. I'm bottlenecking on my CPU, which is an AMD FX-8350, slightly overclocked. The GTX 950 that we just bought is on my son's machine running on an FX-6300 CPU and we're seeing the same thing. But he's getting 60 fps on most of his games with the settings reasonably high, as am I. To be clear, I'm not recommending the FX series chips (they're a little long in the tooth) just offering this as a comparison. I wish that I had gone with an Intel chip at the time, but I have no experience with the Ryzen chips. There are a ton of benchmarking videos on YT.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Playing on PC
Guil

Post by Guil »

I wouldn't be quick to buy a used card that was used for crypto mining
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

Last year I bought a new https://www.kfa2.com/kfa2/kfa2-geforce- ... ickoc.html to upgrade my not-new-anymore rig from KFA2's shop on Amazon and I feel lucky with it.
It's very efficient, not getting too hot even on high loads and so it's not noisy at all.
If it's a good match for a new rig I can't tell, so check their product line for other good matches.
They reside in Hong Kong, founded in 1994, with NVIDIA-partnership since 1999.
They shipped (well, it was by air cargo) directly from Hong Kong to my home in Germany.
This specific item is actually not available on Amazon anymore, but I guess it's a good idea to check their portfolio for research and then search for the found UPC code for other good deals.
I just did that and found out that a german shop had a good deal just a short time ago (even cheaper than it was for me last year), and it was quickly sold out.
I assume their products are on the wanted lists of a lot of gamers.
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

You might find Logical Increments to be a useful guide in piecing together a low cost machine.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Uh, this topic was started four years ago. I doubt that they still are building the pc.
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
zegg67

Post by zegg67 »

Redneck Farmer wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:14 am Ok so my next door neighbor asked me to build him and his kids a new computer and tells me he only wants to spend $350-450 on it and wants it to be an AMD CPU. So here is my question. Without useing a graphics card I have to use a GPU so which one of these tow would work best the Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega 8 or the Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega 11? And yes they do want to play FS19 as well as a few other games. Please help soon any and all input will be appreciated.
Ryzen5 2400G alongside Raedon vega 11 graphics would offer much better performance as compared to both you mention in your post making it more compatible with playing games like FS19 that too without worrying about any graphic card.