Steam Controller.

BoxTunnel

Steam Controller.

Post by BoxTunnel »

The steam controller is currently on sale in the UK for four quid instead of just under forty, so I bagged myself one on impulse. I don't think I'll use it for FS but I have just started the first Witcher game (I couldn't possibly play the second or third without starting at the beginning) so it could be good for that.

However, reading the PC Gamer guide it seems like a ruddy nightmare to set up. Does anyone have any experience of the controller, positive or negative?
Guil

Re: Steam Controller.

Post by Guil »

Did the sale go through? I bought one but 3 days later got an email to say they refunded me.
secretgarden

Post by secretgarden »

BoxTunnel wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:10 am The steam controller is currently on promo in the UK for four quid instead of just under forty, so I bagged myself one on impulse. I don't think I'll use it for FS but I have just started the first Witcher game (I couldn't possibly play the second or third without starting at the beginning) so it could be good for that.

However, reading the PC Gamer guide it seems like a ruddy nightmare to set up. Does anyone have any experience of the controller, positive or negative?
I used my Steam controllers maybe three times. Unfortunately it just didn't ever click for me, and it doesn't work well as a replacement for a real controller either due to lack of a right stick.
Last edited by secretgarden on Fri May 15, 2020 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Nothing beats an Xbox controller on PC IMO. I didn't even know Steam made a controller
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Guil

Post by Guil »

The left touchpad is seemingly a nightmare to try steer with
Moses195

Post by Moses195 »

I love my steam cont. i use it on a Mac for American Truck Sim. There are infinite settings, etc. I just read a whole bunch and got it setup perfectly. i tried to buy another when they were $5 but I was too late. Theres a lot of Youtube videos on how to setup certain aspects of it.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Mine is still in it's box at the moment!