Nice pic Red
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Patrick73

Re: Snowrunner

Post by Patrick73 »

redglasses wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:23 am
Patrick73 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:33 pm Yes but I haven’t done many missions just scouting maps,the Russian map is a pig of a map! Also up to 350000 in cash through finding vehicles 😁.
So do you just sell the vehicles when you find them? I’m trying to grind xp to unlock some of the nicer trucks.

Also took this shot, this game looks so nice
Yes red glasses but only because I’ve lost some because of the bugs, I lost the Paystar because of that so I cheated the money back in to buy another one
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Glass or Three of red wine, Jimmy Hendrix and a bit of this 👍🏻

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I'm playing this too. Still using the starting GMC with a couple of found upgrades. I really need something AWD.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Patrick73 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:29 pm https://youtu.be/tG3HCtdvcQ8 I dunno watch this from 11:38 sounds like he’s fixed it? How you finding this Guil? I’m loving it although I nearly completed a task tonite but ran out of fuel grrrr only have one truck due to the console bugs st the moment
Absolutely love it. I've ran out of fuel twice with the Khan and paystar on the second map haha
Guil

Post by Guil »

This was earlier today

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

That thing is a little tank lol. Haven't found anything it can't climb through!

Guil

Post by Guil »

Yeah I was only saying to a friend yesterday it's almost like cheating because it is literally a go anywhere vehicle.

Do we get charged for any of the materials at the various spawn points?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

You mean stuff you pick up for missions? Like wood, consumables? I don't think. I at least havent noticed the money go down

Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

There are a ton of bugs on the snowrunner forum page, 10 times worse than when farming simulator 19 came out. Touch wood since I blew the dust out of my PS4 I haven’t had the game crash
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

That game looks savage..I only play farm sim so don't actually follow any of these games,,but what's it about..Might give it a go

EDIT:
No need for anyone to explain,I just watched the trailer..looks brilliant I must say.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Rabbitbugs93 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:19 pm That game looks savage..I only play farm sim so don't actually follow any of these games,,but what's it about..Might give it a go

EDIT:
No need for anyone to explain,I just watched the trailer..looks brilliant I must say.
Basically the whole game revolves around picking up goods and equipment and delivering them using trucks across large maps where mud and snow is your enemy. If you've ever seen a show like Ice Road Truckers then Snowrunner is the computer game equivalent of that. Its good fun, in a limited kind of way. I never got into Mudrunner, the previous game in the franchise, but Snowrunner seems much better. Mainly because the graphics are much nicer.

My main issue with it is that unlike FS where if you get bored doing one job you can go off and do something else on the farm with Snowrunner there's nothing else to do. Its a very focussed experience. I know that thats its joy though for some people. It just does one thing but it does that thing really, really well.

My other issue is that it can be incredibly frustrating. You can spend ages chugging slowly across a vast map with a huge haul of gear loaded on your truck only to get impossibly stuck in mud or tip over to then just have to start the whole thing all over again to then possibly get stuck in mud again. Repeat again and again. Its can be quite brutally difficult a times, especially until you unlock decent trucks. Again though for some people thats the real gaming challenge of it. It is a satisfying experience once you complete some of the missions though.

You can play it online where I bet its good fun. Its quite a lonely lifeless game in single player.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Agreed with Mobias. Frustrating at times but it feels pretty damn amazing to finish a job up after hauling a flatbed and trailer full of goods through the mud!

Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

Thanks Mobias an FarmCatJenkins,I'll definitely be installing this game when I have time again..