Construction Simulators

Dairydeere

Construction Simulators

Post by Dairydeere »

Anyone out there who has played the Construction Simulators? Thoughts? Tried the Lite version of ConSim3 and I really liked it, but wanted to ask around here first and see what everyone thinks of it
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Deadeye

Re: Construction Simulators

Post by Deadeye »

Great games, but need to be improved upon. I found the UI and controls to be super awkward and clunky to use. A game simulating working in the earth and moving dirt also needs to have realistic dirt mechanics. It shouldn't just magically disappear when the task is over. That is another issue I had. Far too linear. "Get a dozer. Unload it here. Push dirt to here. Load it in truck here"

Why not have a general task to do? "Build a house." Maybe not just any house, maybe there's criteria. Ok, so it's gotta have a basement. Boom, your first step is going to be digging the foundation. It's gotta be a two story house. Ok, so I know I'm going to need a crane/excavator to set the truss's. Maybe even a pumper truck if it's a concrete building. It's a great game from a gameplay standpoint, but as a simulator, it is nothing more than an arcade game. It's not a simulator. There are so many parts of the construction industry that given time and effort, a game like it could become a fantastic sandbox. Right now though, It's lacking the detail and features to be a true simulator. Given time, I hope that changes

I'm an Equipment Operator/Truck Driver by trade, so maybe I'm being a little harsh. They are great games at what they do, but before I'm going to grant them the title of "simulator" they have a long ways to go.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I like the fact that it came to console. Mr SealyP did a few episodes on it. I'm hoping it's move to console from mobile will prompt for better things to come.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Pretty solid game (construction sim 3 console edition), but it does get a little repetitive. Have unlocked most large stuff, controls do take a lot of practice. Gotta also be careful to pick your tasks so you don't repeat same stuff
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:21 am Pretty solid game (construction sim 3 console edition), but it does get a little repetitive. Have unlocked most large stuff, controls do take a lot of practice. Gotta also be careful to pick your tasks so you don't repeat same stuff
Thanks for the input. I already tried the lite version and have the controls down, just trying to see if the full version is worth the money. *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I think I paid around $10 Australian for it, well worth it IMO. I still have a fair bit left to do and have sunk a lot of hours into it. Most tasks like excavation say completed before you have dug all the area however if you have ocd just keep something parked in the work area and keep on digging till your happy with the job. (Also make some extra cash from selling all the extra dirt you remove)
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Thanks for the help Tyler :D

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Old thread
Have Consim 3 on my phone and it gets played more than FS18, FS20, and Farming USA 2. Have fully beat the game do have all equipment. Do find wind turbines and other structures annoying in how they allow you to build the same thing over and over while I'm trying to fill the world out. Main complaint is the massive leeway in terms of completion percentages, Dig what seems like half a hole out and its done, dig 20ft of trench and once completed it autodigs 100ft...
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.