Dangerous

Illinois Farmer

Dangerous

Post by Illinois Farmer »

If you even want to know how dangerous heifers can be, you should have seen what just happened loading cattle tonight. My brother can't walk at the moment, got kicked and stepped on. My dad has a bloody mouth, arm, and a huge gash on his knee from a heifer running through a metal gate and clearing him out in the process. I just hurt my shoulder somehow.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Luftkopf

Re: Dangerous

Post by Luftkopf »

My brother's ankle is permanently buggered up because of sheep. Working with animals is risky business.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yes it is. Sheep and hogs I can usually man handl, but a 1400 heifer... no thanks ha. I have been ran over by sheep and hogs as well. I had a ram that used to buck a lot until I started wrestling him to the ground, then he quit.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Ahh the amount of kicks to the groin, bull dozings and unplanned flights I have experienced are to many
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

One of the heifers been milked here kicks every time you try put the clusters on her so we tie one of her legs to the bar twice a day everyday...gets fairly annoying let me tell ya, for some reason today was the first day she never kicked an stood still while she was milking..no idea what came over the ****er.
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

When I was young we were feeding the dairy cows a round bale one morning after milking, the bull got excited and decided to headbutt the hay bale around the paddock like a beachball... I realised there and then we don't have a chance against these animals. Been fortunate to avoid injury on the farm, its the machinery that does more damage than animals. If a cow doesn't get you an ATV could.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Not had anything as bad as those stories but a couple weeks ago feeding cows the bull (mini-hereford) decided to start head butting the bale, gave me the tractor a bouncy ride as he popped the front wheels up. (granted it was a 4x4 round bale on the front of a 2025R with 1,000lbs+ of ballast and is already light-ish in the front) but still freaky. Animals sure are enjoyable until they start fighting you. Otherwise I'm more of a danger to myself... :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Cows got fed again happily he was busy eating grain and not attacking the tractor.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.