So mad ! Major windows 10 corruption crash

road_clam

So mad ! Major windows 10 corruption crash

Post by road_clam »

Guys,
Just want to pass on a heads up. I have a 6 month old HP pavillion desktop and thus far its been running excellent. Yesterday i boot up and im observing and endless boot loop and a blue screen error message "kmode exception not handled" . My computer would not even boot up in safe mode. After much research seems this is a recent big issue with HP's. After hours of screwing around getting nowhere, i was able to get a bootable USB windows installation method to work. Unfortunately lost my current Lone Oak save game that i had about 130 hours invested !
brinko04

Re: So mad ! Major windows 10 corruption crash

Post by brinko04 »

What model of computer is it? I purchased an HP back in January.
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Are you Steam or DVD? Because if you're on Steam your save game can have been saved.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
road_clam

Post by road_clam »

brinko04 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:28 pm What model of computer is it? I purchased an HP back in January.
HP 590 desktop with the i3 processor.

blue_painted wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:13 pm Are you Steam or DVD? Because if you're on Steam your save game can have been saved.
Unfortunately playing pc dvd. From now on im creating a backup savegame folder on a usb stick!