Real second hand prices in the UK

blue_painted

Real second hand prices in the UK

Post by blue_painted »

For anyone interested in how much these things go for ....
Farmers' Weekly

Edit don_apple:topic moved to 'Off-topic', since it is not directly related to the game.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
ChiefContractor

Re: Real second hand prices in the UK

Post by ChiefContractor »

Ya a 2018 6215r goes for 85k here in Ireland, FS is totally wacky
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya it seems like farm equipment loses value really fast, new equipment is fairly expensive but slightly used stuff is quite cheap. Does anyone know why this happens? Is there some prestige in owning a brand new piece of equipment? Does warranty only cover the first owner?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

On the big boys it’s tires talking 3-4 thousand a tire or more and multiply that by 8 and it gets spendy real quick. Normal sized stuff loses it’s value to a point but it hits a bottom and never really seems to lose value. We have sold a lot of older equipment for what we paid for it (bought used) if you take care of stuff it really helps. I would be wary of cheap new equipment it was likely used and abused on a lease or by contractors (I know personally, we beat the hell out of rentals) when the dealer gets it back they fix it up but often long term damage has been done. The way I look at equipment is if you’re getting a super good deal somethings wrong you don’t know. Climb in the cab monkey around with the compartments, the radio, the interior lights, see if the seat works, open all the exterior doors, hoods, compartments. Look at it in and out of direct sunlight to see if paint work has been done. If you see multiple of these things wrong or seem to not work right or have a pop when they open/close it was likely beat on, those small parts fail quickly when things are abused and dealers or owners often overlook those things after getting them back. It’s easy to put new oil and fluids in and paint up scratches but not so easy to notice all the other stuff.