The off the rails thread

Farmercaseih

Re: The off the rails thread

Post by Farmercaseih »

The Case IH merger was long before CNH existed
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Farmercaseih wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:33 pm The Case IH merger was long before CNH existed
There’s a precedent in the company though of doing stupid stuff (Agco and Deere are also guilty :lol:) C is for Case and CNH was Fiat shoving all the Ag stuff under one corporate umbrella (and CIH was their brand prior to New Holland being added)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Apparently sometime late last year CNH terminated a contract with a case dealership somewhere in the UK an gave the contract to another dealership only a few miles from the one they terminated it with, which makes no sense what so ever. Plus the dealership that had the contract terminated couldn't understand why they did this. If CNH keeps this up they'll lose a lot of customers.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

We had a John Deere dealer about 15 minutes away but they closed up and now it is a hour drive to the nearest Deere dealer
Feirmeoir Eireannach

I've heard WR Shaw (Newholland dealer in Ireland) bought out another Newholland dealership an they told CNH about this before the sale was agreed, CNH had no problem with WR Shaw doing this so the sale went ahead an all of a sudden CNH issues WR Shaw with notice of contract termination after they bought out the other dealership which CNH had clearly stated before hand was all good, just seems a very strange way to go about things with the biggest dealership in a country.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

John Deere consolidated a few years back too (in our area pretty sure they been doing it for a while) and supposedly their customer satisfaction went up. Times are changing need more iron on the lot, farmings getting less farmers who own more acres, so they don’t need those little dealerships anymore, just big regional ones that can haul out equipment once are year to replace a lease. It’s not changing anytime soon either, government has made it pretty hard to lose if you have huge acres and investors have figured out it’s an semi safe investment and are taking over with huge investor backed operations. For what their paying for land now I could take a few years off work and move to the beach and wouldn’t miss a beat.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Yeah the price of land is gone crazy even here in Ireland, I know a few lads that have land took for lease an the money they paid is simply ridiculous, I can tell you for a fact the amount of profit they will make isn't worth talking about. The people selling or leasing out land are laughing all the way to the bank.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:13 pm John Deere consolidated a few years back too (in our area pretty sure they been doing it for a while) and supposedly their customer satisfaction went up. Times are changing need more iron on the lot, farmings getting less farmers who own more acres, so they don’t need those little dealerships anymore, just big regional ones that can haul out equipment once are year to replace a lease.
The one market that is a profit center for a lot of dealerships and pretty well forced to Deere to keep good (non mobile) dealership coverage is the consumer market, X3/5/700’s, 1, 2, 3, and 4 series machines along with Ztrac’s, Frontier, and some other misc stuff.
And I think one of the things a lot of people miss is that large dealerships may not have something in stock at one location but can get it trucked in from another unlike some of the small dealerships.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I think dealerships are going to change in the future. Between the "just in time" stock model and online sales, a lot of things are. I think the dealerships of the future are going to be much smaller, focusing more on turning over trade ins and only having a few new demo models for you to try on the lot. Everything else will be drop shipped from either factories or regional distribution centers. In the retail world, stores like walmart are already doing something similar where they're only shipping a small quantity of larger things, like furniture, and selling a big portion of their stock online with ship to store or warehouse to door service. As a trucker watching the trends, I'm telling you that this is what I see coming. Between transport costs, limited space on stock rooms, and even driver shortages, a lot of retailers and manufacturers are looking to streamline their distribution networks as much as is humanly possible.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Bryan83 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:52 pm I think dealerships are going to change in the future. Between the "just in time" stock model and online sales, a lot of things are. I think the dealerships of the future are going to be much smaller, focusing more on turning over trade ins and only having a few new demo models for you to try on the lot. Everything else will be drop shipped from either factories or regional distribution centers. In the retail world, stores like walmart are already doing something similar where they're only shipping a small quantity of larger things, like furniture, and selling a big portion of their stock online with ship to store or warehouse to door service. As a trucker watching the trends, I'm telling you that this is what I see coming. Between transport costs, limited space on stock rooms, and even driver shortages, a lot of retailers and manufacturers are looking to streamline their distribution networks as much as is humanly possible.
Deere has already kind of done that, much more of a forced choice (at least in the CUT market) as the Augusta plant has spent the last year running at capacity and dealer inventory has been cleared out forcing a lot of guys to order from factory rather than buy off of the lot.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

And fiscally it is the smart thing to do. Does it make more sense to build 10 machines at cost to go sit on a lot, which may or may not sell, or build 1 or 2 as demos and then build the rest as ordered? It also is somewhat advantageous to the customer in the sense that instead of choosing a lot model that might not have everything they wanted versus getting a custom spec build. The big drawback on that, of course, is lead time.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Bryan83 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:15 pm And fiscally it is the smart thing to do. Does it make more sense to build 10 machines at cost to go sit on a lot, which may or may not sell, or build 1 or 2 as demos and then build the rest as ordered? It also is somewhat advantageous to the customer in the sense that instead of choosing a lot model that might not have everything they wanted versus getting a custom spec build. The big drawback on that, of course, is lead time.
The one thing in the CUT market is if I remember right there’s 3 different things that can be put on at the factory (and is cheaper than a dealer adding), NSL Loaders, Backhoes, and Mauser cabs (the 3 and 4 series have to be ordered with cabs or as OOS and can’t be switched)
And lead time in the CUT world can make it break sales as projects need done and lawn needs mowed when it does (I guess the same applies with an 8R lighting itself on fire though)
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Someone needs to put the roller on the tractor an just go drive around in circles :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/vi ... ce-plague/#
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:47 pm Someone needs to put the roller on the tractor an just go drive around in circles :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/vi ... ce-plague/#
Big rototiller or power harrow?
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

ever heard of the great Emu War?
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton