Looks like Kinze and JD are headed for a fight

Bryan83

Looks like Kinze and JD are headed for a fight

Post by Bryan83 »

https://www.agdaily.com/technology/kinz ... ch-patent/

In a nutshell, Deere accuses Kinze of patent infringement. Any thoughts?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
DEERE317

Re: Looks like Kinze and JD are headed for a fight

Post by DEERE317 »

Deere not commenting on pending litigation, that sounds like another company who has licensing ties to Deere... :confusednew: :search:
Ag Leader and Kinze, two of if not the two greatest competitors to Deere in their respective fields, planters and precision ag. Who knows could be interesting.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I'll just stick with Case IH and Presicion Planting
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Wonder how many years until John Deere sues CIH and claims the quad track was their idea 🤣
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yeah, I feel every company takes ideas from each other.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Mwal wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:01 pm Wonder how many years until John Deere sues CIH and claims the quad track was their idea 🤣
Yes, they will sue them for stealing their idea, traveling back 20 years, and putting it on their tractor lol
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

In all seriousness, I think Kinze is infringing Deeres patent, their system looks an awful lot like Deeres and Precision planting...
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I guess the real question is did Kinze “borrow” Deere’s design, or do great minds think a like?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Farmercaseih wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:30 pm In all seriousness, I think Kinze is infringing Deeres patent, their system looks an awful lot like Deeres and Precision planting...
To me, I would have to know who had the tech first, and how far apart did they release? Either way, it'll come out in court.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I tend to think they are all borrowing each other’s ideas and it never actually comes down to who’s right or wrong just who’s wallet is fat enough to fight it.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:14 pm Yeah, I feel every company takes ideas from each other.
Next thing you know, Allis Chalmers is going to come back as part of the AGCO corporation and everyone will be sued for using rubber tires :lol: :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:12 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:14 pm Yeah, I feel every company takes ideas from each other.
Next thing you know, Allis Chalmers is going to come back as part of the AGCO corporation and everyone will be sued for using rubber tires :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
There’s a certain point the Case guys who say Deere copies everything really start to go nuts... Like CIH copied the powershift tranny (Deere sold the first ones that were actually a completed design, the SOS Ford was a beta that shouldn’t of been sold) or CIH copied the ROPS (There’s a reason all the old ROPS look the same, they’re all Deere engineering) and as an extension of that logic Agco and Claas copied the rotor combines, all the farmers who put Challenger MT900’s and 9R/9xx0’s onto ATI tracks copied QT’s... :lol:
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

All of the “other” brand guys don’t get mad we just like trolling you Deere guys because when you talk about it you would swear it’s a religion
Plus everyone points out how this or that was stole from Deere but it’s funny to see pics of Deere prototypes that are other tractors painted green.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I have seen way more angry deere fanboys then red ones lol
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

There’s also more Deere fanboys... :lol:
The IH guys have to try hard to fanboy when stuff like the 86 series exist... or the 2+2’s which “definitely” (sarcasm) were Steigers.
And the 560 axles, I seem to remember the 66’s are much less polarized then the 86’s but have some dislikers... Most IH fans have some dislikes meanwhile there’s some definite Deere fanboys who can’t believe Deere’s ever done anything wrong or that they used a pipeline of fuel I’ve heard next to 86 series...
Probably has something to do with being a household name and plenty of fans who’ve only driven a 1025R at a dealership.
Certainly is fun having my dads side be IH fans.