Chair Recommendations?

PrincessJessi84

Chair Recommendations?

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Hey everyone. This may seem waaaay off topic but its not.. I sit in my chair to play farm sim.. Ok so my problem.. as some of you know, I got very sick early in 2020 and it resulted in my losing more than half of my weight.. I was literally down to bones.. am not a whole lot better off now but I am getting there..
My problem is.. my chair hurts me.. originally it was a nice enough chair.. somewhere in the $150 range.. but now that I have lost so much weight, I find the standard style gaming chair VERY painful.. they arent "soft" and dont conform to my tiny body at all.. the shape is generally very uncomfortable for me.. the only option I currently have is to use pillows and chair pads and stuff but honestly, while better than the chair alone, it isnt much better..
Me and the wifey were talking and she wants me to be comfortable as much as I do as sitting upright in my chair is often more comfortable than laying or even sitting on the sofa.. So I am getting a new chair.. shame as this one isnt old and certainly not worn out but its just not what I need anymore..
I was just wondering if any of you have happened across a pc/gaming chair that was just... the first time u sat in it your were like "holy **** its a cloud!!"? I know these chairs are not all built the same way and expensive wont always equate to softer so I am turning to all my fellow gamers, office workers and otherwise any poor soul who has had to spend countless hours in an office style chair.. any suggestions? Money is the small object here as long as it would meet my needs

Edit don_apple: topic moved from "General Discussion" to "Off-topic" since it is not directly related to the game.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
DEERE317

Re: Chair Recommendations?

Post by DEERE317 »

Maybe visit the Linus Tech Tips forum...? I know chairs came up on their YouTube channel every now and then, otherwise I’m not much help as I sit a non rolling wood chair at my desk.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

My wife switched to a serta office chair in the mid 200 dollar range because she disliked my gaming chair and thought it was to stiff to sit on all day after starting to work from home. She likes it quite a bit more.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

I got my self a second hand executive office chair for £200 it is pure comfort, if you notice you will see loads of older YouTubers sat in one on their avatar photos, because older people have plenty of experience, and do not follow the rest of the sheep into buying a "gaming chair", because we can smell bull stuff a mile a way.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Have you tried the RACER chairs? They are expensive though but are very very high quality and comfy.

Other option are GTracing. Great quality and also comfy at half the price
https://gtracing.com/collections/featur ... RPEALw_wcB
PrincessJessi84

thing is sittinhere, its partly the general shape of these chairs that really hurts me.. they are.. idk how to put it into words.. shapely.. they curve and stuff.. they rely on their shape to provide comfort.. and to an average person they do.. I liked my chair well enough before.. I had spent a fair amount of time finding a gaming chair that "fit" my shape and it was nice.. problem is now I am all bones.. elbows.. hips.. someone must have gotten confused as it seems my ass was replaced with 2 large bones.. my shape is.. very much not a shape at all.. more of a skeleton with skin and hair..

As the the other suggestions, I will swop in and check his channel for any mention of chairs.. those r the types of chairs I was thinking tho.. I figured an office/executive style chair.. I mean.. these folks sit at their desks ALL..DAY..EVERY..DAY for a living and I dare say a fair portion of folks like that arent willing to sacrifice their comfort for long periods of time, especially when people in these positions are likely to be my age or older.. OHHH one of those big squishy leather high backed ones with the arms.. that sounds really really soft!!! now I need to find a good one.. the search is on!!!!! Gonna look in on those serta chairs first as I know they make a fine bed
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
PrincessJessi84

If a moderator finds one of my posts to be "off topic" or anything else that is fine, but please have the manners to let me know so I don't have to randomly search every board. I know its an option to send a poster a message when you move their post, letting them know it has been moved and where to.. in fact.. it even has an automatic message so you don't have to fiddle with it.. This is just plain rude
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

If at all possible, go somewhere and actually sit on chairs to find what you want, or at least the shape that you want. I use a solid wood banker's chair (I think it's called) with a cushion that I added and no armrests and I love it, but I can imagine that others would hate it. Given your description, I think you would hate it, too. My point is, one man's treasure is another man's trash, to coin a phrase. There are tons of seat cushions available as well that may serve your needs. Good luck to you.
Playing on PC
elmike

Post by elmike »

Hi,

you could try IKEA Markus:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/markus-off ... -00103102/

My wife and me have one each for 15 years now, and they are in heavy use every day, due to lockdown home office. The black "leather" (i guess) looks a little worn out after that long time, and the mesh back rest attracts dust, but apart from that, i can't complain. Mechanically, everything is still working as is was when it was new.
If possible, try one at your local store.

Elmike
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:34 pm If a moderator finds one of my posts to be "off topic" or anything else that is fine, but please have the manners to let me know so I don't have to randomly search every board. I know its an option to send a poster a message when you move their post, letting them know it has been moved and where to.. in fact.. it even has an automatic message so you don't have to fiddle with it.. This is just plain rude
Sorry if I offended you by moving this thread without sending you a personal notification. But with the amounts of threads that get created here every day and the number of threads that get misplaced its is not possible to inform everybody personally.

And the software that is running this forum (phpBB) unfortunately has no option to automatically notify the creator of a post/thread when it is moved as far as I can see.

BTW. you can easily see all your own posts using the following link: search.php?search_id=egosearch
This way you don't have to "randomly search every board" for your posts/threads.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Totally unrelated but I can’t help but read that with a snarky sarcastic teenager voice, oh wait that’s me... :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Guil

Post by Guil »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:34 pm If a moderator finds one of my posts to be "off topic" or anything else that is fine, but please have the manners to let me know so I don't have to randomly search every board. I know its an option to send a poster a message when you move their post, letting them know it has been moved and where to.. in fact.. it even has an automatic message so you don't have to fiddle with it.. This is just plain rude
Don't think I ever saw that option, a lot of the time I replied to the thread when I moved it or if it was a new member I would send them a message.

On the chair recommendation, stay away from bucket style racing seats. Get yourself a good ergonomic, supportive chair
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Reinstate Guil!
And on the chair note all the given advice seems reasonable (have no clue as I use a plain wooden chair because it works for me.)
Guil

Post by Guil »

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/millberget ... -70339413/
That's what I have, cheap and cheerful and does the job
PrincessJessi84

this site really doesn't have that button!? Seems like a basic moderation feature that would/should be on all forums.. well don't I look like a real sour puss... srry don!

Aside from that, I have gotten some really good advice on the chair and at least now I have some direction and ideas.. I will try to remember to let you all know what I decide and give it a review once I have had a chance to use it.. Then at least if anyone just needs a super soft chair, for "reasons", they will have a starting (or stopping) point in their search.. thanks everyone.. And thanks Guil and don_apple for clearing that up for me.. I really thought this forum had that button too...
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors