Stop using John Deere- I Did...

DEERE317

Re: Stop using John Deere- I Did...

Post by DEERE317 »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:45 am
DEERE317 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:16 am What brand?
The folks on Green Tractor Talk (SCUT/CUT enthusiasts, who do many of their own repairs, including splitting machines) have no problem finding part numbers galore and and ordering parts from their Deere dealerships, Green Parts Store, or Green Farm Parts (Reynolds Farm Equipment)
And I’ve never really heard of computer stuff on there other than one guy who figured out how to disable the 3R mod PTO RIO through it.
Right now I've got a 4044M that I've been on for a little over 6 hours that has serious chassis side electrical issues. I log into deere, put in the model and serial and can't pull up any information. Called our rep and as of 5 today he's yet to call back, emailed him after lunch and he's yet to reply on that either.

Luckily we don't see a lot of Deere stuff, but when we do and it's not engine related this is what happens. (We had 5 non engine related, all of them being electrical last year. 28 engine issues, 26 resulting in engine replacement)

If it was engine related I can just go through the engine manufacturers let them deal with deere.

I will look into those places and see if I can get the information from there, cause Deere itself ain't working lol It's warranty so we're 'supposed' to get all of our information directly from them and reference it on the Claim.

Everything else we do warranty work for is a breeze, especially Miller and Cummins lol
So you work for just a general tractor repair shop?
And I’m guessing this isn’t the info your looking for? https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sea ... term/4044M
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:31 am And many still do...
Anyone want to join us in cussing the Ford 8N and NH 66 out?
I want to say something about you bringing those to classics into this mess but I cant think of anything good enough...
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Patton_M47 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:08 am
I want to say something about you bringing those to classics into this mess but I cant think of anything good enough...
They’re cool to watch when working, when not working they’re a pain. The 8N’s fuel system was an adventure last year. Changed the fuel bowl, knocked dirt loose, dad cleaned the carb out once or twice and ended up getting a new carb to make it behave. Prior to that the points gave problems while baling and took it offline. The baler works fine other than it threw the pickup chain when we first used it (and once or twice since) and the knotter is a pain...
Meanwhile the Deere (knock on wood) has only had the battery conk out and us forgetting the Pat’s Easy Hitch washers when hooking the Tedder up... may have fell off while turning... thankfully nothing was broken.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

My question for the OP...how does this relate to FS :zunge: :lol:

In keeping with the topic of this thread, we run a few new machines, but most of them are used. Newest machines are a pair of 4044Rs and a 8295R, all under full warranty until 5000 hours or so. I guess the only reason we don't have an issue is any new tractors we run are under that warranty, and if they break we send them in. Our dealer also has an agreement with customers that if the machine is in the shop more than 48 hours, we get a replacement tractor free of charge. But most of our tractors are not heavily electronic, so we're able to handle the repairs with the correct parts.

Edit: It seems a moderator swooped in and put this in off-topic haha
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:13 am My question for the OP...how does this relate to FS :zunge: :lol:

In keeping with the topic of this thread, we run a few new machines, but most of them are used. Newest machines are a pair of 4044Rs and a 8295R, all under full warranty until 5000 hours or so. I guess the only reason we don't have an issue is any new tractors we run are under that warranty, and if they break we send them in. Our dealer also has an agreement with customers that if the machine is in the shop more than 48 hours, we get a replacement tractor free of charge. But most of our tractors are not heavily electronic, so we're able to handle the repairs with the correct parts.

Edit: It seems a moderator swooped in and put this in off-topic haha
It got moved so it doesn’t... just read you realizing that to :lol:
4044R’s? Lucky... and that’s no matter how they’re configured. And I think the other reason new stuff likes to not break is just lower hours and not having time for stuff to rot, that’s where a lot of out old stuff problems come from, stuff gunks up, rusts, corrodes, and in general degrades causing it to fail with much less hours than it would’ve if ran hard when new. Points on the 110 corroded a while back from age, 317 and 185 both have had fuel pumps kick the bucket from rotting out (at least that’s my guess), and most of our batteries just get old and die (being in an unheated pole barn probably doesn’t help.)
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:27 am
They’re cool to watch when working, when not working they’re a pain. The 8N’s fuel system was an adventure last year. Changed the fuel bowl, knocked dirt loose, dad cleaned the carb out once or twice and ended up getting a new carb to make it behave. Prior to that the points gave problems while baling and took it offline. The baler works fine other than it threw the pickup chain when we first used it (and once or twice since) and the knotter is a pain...
Meanwhile the Deere (knock on wood) has only had the battery conk out and us forgetting the Pat’s Easy Hitch washers when hooking the Tedder up... may have fell off while turning... thankfully nothing was broken.
did you make sure to shut the fuel off at the end of the day?
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

I have a question for you guys where do you think modern tractors cars phones etc will be in 60 years? will people be collecting them or will they just litter dumps and scrap yards?
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Patton_M47 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:17 pm

Always done, actually one of the two reasons why we changed it, bowl needed cleaned and the knob has been missing for a while, and the gasket needed replaced after the cleaning, so put the new one on.
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:47 pm
Patton_M47 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:17 pm

Always done, actually one of the two reasons why we changed it, bowl needed cleaned and the knob has been missing for a while, and the gasket needed replaced after the cleaning, so put the new one on.
*thumbsup*
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Patton_M47 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:36 pm I have a question for you guys where do you think modern tractors cars phones etc will be in 60 years? will people be collecting them or will they just litter dumps and scrap yards?
Probably the former. The Yanmar 3cyl used the most compact machines are known to go to 10k and the rest of the machine I've heard 3-5k+ on, and for the big machines there's many that are pushing well over 10-15k in Europe. In 10-20yrs there's probably going to be a glut of scrap/broken stuff as computers and emissions degrade from age, but even simpler stuff has those problems of stuff rotting from age. That's if OEM parts dry up or aftermarket alternatives don't show up otherwise they'll keep on ticking.

When we were feeding a bale yesterday I realized something, I actually LIKE all the plastic on the 2025R, the floorboard and dash are all plastic, meaning all the manure (or chemical fert for others) on my boots can't rust/rot it out.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Over time the plastic will get brittle and break, especially in places where it gets cold.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Farmercaseih wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:03 am Over time the plastic will get brittle and break, especially in places where it gets cold.
Yep, (looking at the 345) newer stuff is definitely much better, but nothing really compares the 8N hood, that’s probably thicker than many brush hog decks.
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:14 am
Farmercaseih wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:03 am Over time the plastic will get brittle and break, especially in places where it gets cold.
Yep, (looking at the 345) newer stuff is definitely much better, but nothing really compares the 8N hood, that’s probably thicker than many brush hog decks.
yup did you know on some of the early 9ns the hood was aluminum?
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... BasicHover
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Cool.
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:43 amCool.
yeah it is isnt it *thumbsup*
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton