Stop using John Deere- I Did...

Patton_M47

Re: Stop using John Deere- I Did...

Post by Patton_M47 »

I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Nice.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:17 pmNice.
thanks
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

This tractor is only 40 years old and it is falling apart
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I think that’s known as the pin fell out.
Or as a guy who goes to church with us (he’s an old grumpy farmer) “Junk!”
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

DEERE317 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:45 am I think that’s known as the pin fell out.
Or as a guy who goes to church with us (he’s an old grumpy farmer) “Junk!”
Ha Ha my Local mechanic says the same thing!
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

Farmercaseih wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:32 am This tractor is only 40 years old and it is falling apart
neighbor had a Deere 955(?) and that poor thing... It was subject to all kinds of abuse (her husband was kind of how can I put this a.. Klutz/drunk) but it never had a grill (for as long as I recall) it just wouldn't stay in and apparently the first grill fell out while they were plowing... it got smashed pretty bad
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:46 pm Same for our tractor, no ECU’s in sight.
2025R first Gens are dead simple, simpler than the my 317.
An repair skills will follow the technology levels.
Old stuff also doesn’t fair as perfect as you make it sound like, our 8N came with an extension cord for the wiring harness, all of our old machines have wiring problems, etc. and that’s on top of unknown mechanical problems. So yes I expect it to be in a similar state to old machines of similar quality it 70years. It and most other CUT machines also have the benefit of not being full time Ag machines like 8N’s were.
I guess I'm with you here. I'm not a farmer. I run equipment and drive truck for a living, but I see the same side of things in my line of work. The electronics in this new stuff are a pain. Sometimes, you hate it. I personally would still probably prefer the older, used stuff. That said, the electronics and the emissions stuff isn't going anywhere. It's here to stay, and over time, keeping the older stuff running is going to become harder and harder. We're going to have to figure out how to work with it.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

And they certainly have their benefits, a lot of the guys on GTT comment about how their emissions equipped machines don’t smoke them out of a building while cold starting or just running and safety stuff is nice whenever something goes wrong since most of us don’t like ourselves or others being pancaked because the neutral safety interlock was disabled or the machine didn’t have a ROPS.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

One of the first things I learned on the farm was to make sure the tractor wasn't in gear and push in the clutch before starting it.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

And my IH 234 from the 80's has a ROPS bar
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Farmercaseih wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:39 pm And my IH 234 from the 80's has a ROPS bar
Most machines since the 70's do, just some unintelligent members of our species like to disable seat, PTO, and neutral switches and remove ROPS. Other than a few niche scenarios I have no idea why.
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

DEERE317 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:08 pm
Farmercaseih wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:39 pm And my IH 234 from the 80's has a ROPS bar
Most machines since the 70's do, just some unintelligent members of our species like to disable seat, PTO, and neutral switches and remove ROPS. Other than a few niche scenarios I have no idea why.
only time i've heard of those items being deleted are low buildings and on our Toro lawn tractor (the electric ignition failed and you cant pull start it with the safety switch activated) Did you know early 9ns didn't have the neutral safety? Legend has it that a worker at the factory started one up in gear (No was hurt thankfully) as a result Henry Ford swore that this would never happen to one of his customers so as a result all tractors after a certain year came with a neutral safety.
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Normally its for garage doors, trees, or people just don't like them, which is why most are equipped with hinge pins and instructions to not use the seat belt then. (and I believe on some they contribute to the structural rigidity)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Deadeye wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:42 pm
I guess I'm with you here. I'm not a farmer. I run equipment and drive truck for a living, but I see the same side of things in my line of work. The electronics in this new stuff are a pain. Sometimes, you hate it. I personally would still probably prefer the older, used stuff. That said, the electronics and the emissions stuff isn't going anywhere. It's here to stay, and over time, keeping the older stuff running is going to become harder and harder. We're going to have to figure out how to work with it.
This is kinda what I’m saying though those old fords, cases, and Deere’s were so stupidly simple and standard lots of parts were interchangeable with vehicles, you can get most anything you need at Napa, the newer stuff is going to price you out, it just won’t be cost effective to hang on to a newer tractor forever parts will get way to expensive. I’m not saying the new stuff isn’t nice, it’s way more efficient especially in construction equipment, you get way more power out of the same package or a smaller package than 20 years ago and I would much prefer to run it. I’m just saying we have really old stuff or new stuff that has a much shorter trade cycle mostly due to expenses but the old stuff endures because of the simplicity of the design.