where do you store grass

greenblood44

where do you store grass

Post by greenblood44 »

What silo can i store grass in? I have some in bale form but cannot feed my cows with them?

TIA,
Starving Cow Farmer
Mwal

Re: where do you store grass

Post by Mwal »

You have use an mixer from the animal section to grind bales back up to loose. You can also store grass in a bunker cover it once you pile up a decent amount and it will ferment and then feed it as silage
Humusk1

Post by Humusk1 »

You can sell the grass by unloading your loading waggon at the barn.

You can also discharge everything onto a big mound on the ground, but that will quickly get large. You can buy the hay loft (in the placeables) and store it there if you turn it into hay. (100,000 litres)

You can either spread the grass out while unloading, then run a tedder over it to collect it. Alternatively, fill it with 5% hay and then fill it with the remainder of the grass. It will turn it to hay for you instantly.
michaelj15

Post by michaelj15 »

Humusk1 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:30 am You can sell the grass by unloading your loading waggon at the barn.

You can also discharge everything onto a big mound on the ground, but that will quickly get large. You can buy the hay loft (in the placeables) and store it there if you turn it into hay. (100,000 litres)

You can either spread the grass out while unloading, then run a tedder over it to collect it. Alternatively, fill it with 5% hay and then fill it with the remainder of the grass. It will turn it to hay for you instantly.
Do i get it right? Couldn't hay pick up with a forage harvester in combination with a pickup?