Will anyone make a game like Farming Simulator but with construction equipment?

William Payne

Will anyone make a game like Farming Simulator but with construction equipment?

Post by William Payne »

I love farming simulator and I know there are other "simulator'' games but was thinking a game on the scale and level of farming simulator but where you are a character starting from scratch starting an earth moving company would be awesome. You could have trucks, dozers, excavators and the like and go round taking jobs using that equipment. But make it realistic and to scale where you actually have to excavate land, dig a big hole, build a road or something.

You could start out small just a guy a small truck and a small digger doing driveways or small time earth moving and build up to the big time civil construction jobs.

I know there are games "like" this already but being realistic they are nothing like the scale of farming simulator.

Imagine a game where you can operate a giant cat bulldozer and do jobs with it.

Maybe have it where when starting out you have to buy old used equipment until you can save up to buy new.
Mwal

Re: Will anyone make a game like Farming Simulator but with construction equipment?

Post by Mwal »

Farm sim on pc has a mod called terra farm, it makes equipment take the place of the landscaping tool, there’s quite a bit more to it than that, especially if paired with a map set up for it like elk mountain.
DEERE317

Re: Will anyone make a game like Farming Simulator but with construction equipment?

Post by DEERE317 »

Construction Sim I think checks those boxes (well maybe other than scale, but digging big holes in a video game gets tedious fast)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

DEERE317 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:17 pm Construction Sim I think checks those boxes (well maybe other than scale, but digging big holes in a video game gets tedious fast)
See, I don't personally think it would be tedious, as long as it was a more simulation styled game than an arcade style title like Construction Simulator, which was neat for a while, but the novelty wore off quick. A project of the scale I'm talking would be a big undertaking for a developer though. I run equipment for a living, and so I'm probably a little pickier than most, but there is a LOT of potential there, it's just a matter of someone eventually giving it a shot.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
robbyb2203

Post by robbyb2203 »

I get ya and I would love to see these capabilities in farming sim. Also imagine farming sim with Mudrunner mud and snow. I'm a bit disappointed with the actual tracks left behind by the tractor, In snow for example, they don't exist... A bit more physics won't hurt the game I'm sure
Gardnella

Post by Gardnella »

You can also try House Flipper if you`re fond of simulator games. Not about farm, but in this game you can do some gardening.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Have you given Gold Rush - the game a try? Its not construction but its essentially a mining/heavy equipment simulator. Nice looking environment, breakdown and repair features, seasons (including having to store your equipment in winter months to avoid damage, and a handful of well modeled machines. Annnnnd.. the vehicle physics aren't completely bonkers like so many "simulators" out there. I know its not what you are looking for but if you are a heavy equipment junky like me, it might help scratch your itch a little. Oh and full controller/wheel support.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

That sounds interesting jessi. By the way william terra farm is good for what you want. I plan on trying it cuz i love mining. Plus, kingmods.com is a good place for mods.
Ice_boii :gamer:
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:38 am Have you given Gold Rush - the game a try? Its not construction but its essentially a mining/heavy equipment simulator. Nice looking environment, breakdown and repair features, seasons (including having to store your equipment in winter months to avoid damage, and a handful of well modeled machines. Annnnnd.. the vehicle physics aren't completely bonkers like so many "simulators" out there. I know its not what you are looking for but if you are a heavy equipment junky like me, it might help scratch your itch a little. Oh and full controller/wheel support.
How much is gold rush miss jess? I might look into it for my new laptop im getting.
PrincessJessi84

Until the 29th it is on sale on steam for $9.99 and then it will go back to $20.
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:10 pm Until the 29th it is on sale on steam for $9.99 and then it will go back to $20.
Oh for real? Thats for console or pc?
PrincessJessi84

PC. I am not sure if it is on console but I see no reason why not.
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Oh ok. Thanks ms. Jessi!
PrincessJessi84

You are very welcome! And ty for being helpful on the forum. I have watched entirely too many people throw tantrums and hate over a this GAME. Being helpful is way better. Don't change.
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:13 pm You are very welcome! And ty for being helpful on the forum. I have watched entirely too many people throw tantrums and hate over a this GAME. Being helpful is way better. Don't change.
Oh gosh me too. Like dont play the game people. A guy on the forum keeps nagging on and on defending the crazy console people, like the ones that threaten people. And every post i make he says im wrong. Like get a job!🙄 And by the way, i make sure to be a helpful person, and thanks for being one too.Kindness never changes. If your kind at heart you usually stay kind. :biggrin2: