iMac and Autodrive

Smudge

iMac and Autodrive

Post by Smudge »

Is there anyone that can help me with using an iMac and Autodrive. All instructions I have been able to find speak of the need for a 3 button mouse. Is my only option to buy a 3 button mouse. Thanks.
michaelr

Re: iMac and Autodrive

Post by michaelr »

Hi,

You can change the controls to other keys, for instance I use left control + < (less than sign) for toggling the mouse.

However, this needs to be done manually by editing the XML file:
  1. Get a good text editor; I highly recommend BBEdit (which can be used in free mode forever)
  2. Open the file inputBinding.xml in your text editor from the FarmingSimulator2022 directory (next to your mods folder)
  3. For the toggling mouse control look for this group:

Code: Select all

<actionBinding action="ADToggleMouse"> ... </actionBinding>
  4. Inside the above tag, edit or duplicate this line:

<binding device="KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT" input="MOUSE_BUTTON_MIDDLE" axisComponent="+" neutralInput="0" index="3"/>
  5. Adjust the input for your preferred keys, in my case I use:

<binding device="KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT" input="KEY_lctrl KEY_less" axisComponent="+" neutralInput="0" index="1"/>
KEY_lctrl KEY_less means Left Control and Less than key on your keyboard.

You can use any key combinations you want, e.g. KEY_X for the letter X and use alternating keys like KEY_lalt (left alt/option), KEY_lshift (left shift) etc. in front to only activate the action when all keys are pressed together.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

If you use the standard MacBook Trackpad or an Apple Magic Mouse you could also try the following app which enables "middle click" which is the same as the 3rd button on a standard mouse: https://middleclick.app
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

Thanks you genius's. I bless you with the Lords' presence.
SpecialCase

Post by SpecialCase »

Hi, please tell me, how did you install AutoDrive on your Mac? I'm getting desperate.
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

I believe Autodrive is already part of the Giants offer. When you load your map, it will ask you whether you want Giants to automatically put in a generic mapping, or not. If you choose to accept Giants offer, the map will populate with predetermined generic courses. If you choose not to, you then have to make up your own courses. You do so by opening the auto drive menu. "Option" key and keyboard "0".
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

Mistake. I erroneously told you auto drive was included in the Giants game. You need to download the mod. Sorry! Something in my cookies.........
Smudge

drop down command "create new fields" with the command letter being Y

Post by Smudge »

For some reason on FS 22, I no longer get that drop down command relating to 'creat new field' 'Y'. Is there some other action that needs to take place in order for the drop down box to reflect "create new field"?
Drmattymd

Re: drop down command "create new fields" with the command letter being Y

Post by Drmattymd »

Smudge wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:37 pm For some reason on FS 22, I no longer get that drop down command relating to 'creat new field' 'Y'. Is there some other action that needs to take place in order for the drop down box to reflect "create new field"?
You need to be using tool that allows you to create fields, a plow, subsoiler, or cultivator if you have the "cultivators create fields" mod
Playing on PC and PS4