Enormous real life bale stack!

cedricthecat

Enormous real life bale stack!

Post by cedricthecat »

I don't know if there's a world record for this sort of thing but...

I was walking the dogs earlier today, locally but a place I've not been to for a while. I remembered there being some huge stacks about a half mile from the walk in the past, but they seemed even bigger today. I did a rough count, and it seemed to be 50 bales long, and 7 high, so 350 in one row. And there looked to be at least 8 rows!

This means, unless there were huge gaps in the middle, 2800 bales :shock:

What's more, I could see at least another 5 similarly sized stacks nearby :)

Is having this many bales in one place unusual? I'd love to be able to recreate this in the game!

Edit don_apple: topic moved from "General Discussion" to "Off-topic", since it is not directly related to the game itself.
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
UncleRico

Re: Enormous real life bale stack!

Post by UncleRico »

They’re likely staging them to be hauled somewhere or to be sold somewhere over winter it’s pretty common where I’m from
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

His tractor must lag like crazy when he gets close to that.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Crashmac wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:58 am His tractor must lag like crazy when he gets close to that.
Hahaha
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

UncleRico wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:35 am They’re likely staging them to be hauled somewhere or to be sold somewhere over winter it’s pretty common where I’m from
Definitely a PC player. No console limits there
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

cedricthecat wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:44 pm Edit don_apple: topic moved from "General Discussion" to "Off-topic", since it is not directly related to the game itself.
Oops! :)
UncleRico wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:35 am They’re likely staging them to be hauled somewhere or to be sold somewhere over winter it’s pretty common where I’m from
I don't think I've ever seen stacks so large in the UK, but we do have a straw burning power station just a few miles away. Having said that, there's been Giant Haystacks on this site for years now, IIRC before the power station opened, but they seem to have got bigger now. It also looks far from fresh, so maybe just a serial bale collector?

I'm determined to have a go in-game now, despite the lag I'll get on PS4! I know you can beat the bale limit by buying bales, so I think I'll give myself the challenge :mrgreen:
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Crashmac wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:58 am His tractor must lag like crazy when he gets close to that.
I know right especially when your computer barely runs :lol:
Ice_boii :gamer:
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Yea that is definitely a lot of bales. I haven't seen that many in one stack before. Is it round or square bales? All i see is round bales round here
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

ice_boii_1207 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:20 pm Yea that is definitely a lot of bales. I haven't seen that many in one stack before. Is it round or square bales? All i see is round bales round here
If you mean the ones I saw, they are all square bales :)
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

cedricthecat wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:58 pm
ice_boii_1207 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:20 pm Yea that is definitely a lot of bales. I haven't seen that many in one stack before. Is it round or square bales? All i see is round bales round here
If you mean the ones I saw, they are all square bales :)
Yea lol we do round bales in Louisiana. Square bales are easy to stack a lot of. Only big stacks ive seen were when my dad stacks mats at work. He was the best guy who stacked them cuz he ws so neat. ( besides the point :lol: )
cburgess

Post by cburgess »

cedricthecat wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:05 am ,,,
I don't think I've ever seen stacks so large in the UK, but we do have a straw burning power station just a few miles away. Having said that, there's been Giant Haystacks on this site for years now, IIRC before the power station opened, but they seem to have got bigger now. It also looks far from fresh, so maybe just a serial bale collector? ...
Well, that is one way to make use of bales of stale hay/straw that has been stored too long.

Staging/consolidating hay stacks: done in real-life farming. I do the same in-game, usually in a nearby meadow field.