Is there a silage bunker work around?

DanL58

Is there a silage bunker work around?

Post by DanL58 »

I've read all the posts about the silage bunker problems and had the same problem myself with not being able to uncover it. I only lost a small test batch but before I try it again is there a way to work around this bug until Giants issues a fix? Maybe a savegame section or xml that can be edited to uncover the silage for usage?

Thanks
Wolus

Re: Is there a silage bunker work around?

Post by Wolus »

I always take a wheel loader with a bucket and try to fill it close to uncovered part 100% work *thumbsup*
OneAmongOthers

Post by OneAmongOthers »

The only work around is editing the game xml files to clear the bunkers out. Otherwise we are stuck until a patch is released.
Schlacker

Post by Schlacker »

You have to be on foot to uncover it. You have to go to both ends.

Or do you mean you can't empty it completely?

In that case you can use this:

http://ls2017.com/farming-simulator-201 ... -v-1-0-mp/
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Schlacker wrote:You have to be on foot to uncover it. You have to go to both ends.

This roller works great. Just roll it tight against both inside walls of the bunker you need to empty.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

Schlacker wrote:You have to be on foot to uncover it. You have to go to both ends.

I meant to uncover it. I hit 'R' while on foot and nothing happens. It is still covered and can't collect it.
I already got the roller and had to use it on another bunker just to load chaff into it. Now I've got silage ready and can't collect it.
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

BTW, Does the silage bunker at the cow farm have the same problems as at the BGA? I haven't tried that one yet.
Schlacker

Post by Schlacker »

I hit 'R' while on foot and nothing happens. It is still covered and can't collect it.
The silage stays covered, only the ends get exposed. The cover disappears as it is collected. How are you trying to get it out? For me the easiest way is to use the conveyors. The smallest one picks up from the ground. It is a bit tricky to get it to trigger, and sometimes I have to move it around to get it to work, but once it's moving it goes pretty quickly.
BTW, Does the silage bunker at the cow farm have the same problems as at the BGA? I haven't tried that one yet.
I filled and emptied at both locations, they function identically. Same issues at both
jeh1138

Post by jeh1138 »

To reset a silo you can edit the vehicles.xml file (Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2017\savegame1). I usually search the file for "ilo00" and you should be able to walk through all the silos on the map. Usually I'm working on silo005 down at the Biogas plant, closest to the digester.

This is what a reset silo looks like in the vehicles.xml

<onCreateLoadedObject saveId="BunkerSilo_silo005" state="0" fillLevel="0" compactedFillLevel="0" fermentingTime="0" fermentingPercent="0" openedAtFront="false" openedAtBack="false"/>

If you need to force the silo open, set the front and back to true openedAtFront="true" openedAtBack="true"

If you need to clear it out set all the numeric values to 0 and the front/back to false.

WARNING
This does clear the silos out MOST of the time. I have seen games that simply wouldn't clear out and we ended up just deleting/starting over (curse you silo004).
I have seen other things change, like my manure resetting to zero and my produced wool reset to zero (not sure if it's related).
I'm tracking another issue with the farm silo not showing me accurate contents anymore, I'm not sure if this is related to tinkering with the vehicles.xml or not.

Just be safe and backup your game before messing with things, and set the expectation that you might have to scrap the game. I could go on, but suffice to say, it's got some bugs at the moment and I may be incorrectly messing with the game files.
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

Thanks for the help and info, that helps. Hope there is a bug fix soon.
Techinica

Post by Techinica »

I managed to open mine by dumping a bucket full of chaff in front of the covered silage, then picking up the chaff again.
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

I've got another batch fermenting now so we will see what happens this time. I watched a few u-tube videos about it and it seems that if you don't fill the bunker very high the problem is not as bad, we'll see.
Farmerbear53

Post by Farmerbear53 »

Schlacker wrote:
You have to be on foot to uncover it. You have to go to both ends.

This is great but what about consoles, we need a fix also
:hi: Don't be a hater least you be hated.
Xbox Series X (primary) *thumbsup* and PS4 Pro