Game Save Issue that i just had.

rikor420

Game Save Issue that i just had.

Post by rikor420 »

Hiya all, not going to be rude about this problem, but will explain on how i feel about this.

Ok when i bought the game i haven't had an issue on save games, this was also before 1.2.1 version update and didn't happen in 1.2.1, so anyways i play the game in Window Mode, and at this time when i ALT-TAB out of the game and go into the Web Browser and come back to play my game - the game freezes and locks up so now i had to restart the game, now in the 1.3 update i had the same problem but something new happen when it froze the game when i ALT-TAB to do a Youtube.com look up a tutorial on the game, i come back and the game frozed again (Not Responding) But this time i lost my save game, and had to go back 2 hrs to start from the beginning of the map, Ok i know that people are having issues on this matter but it was the first for me, One thing i did notice, that Giant Software did not Implement an automatic save for the game you actually have to tell it to save if you remember to do so. I would like to see this happened to have an autosave for career mode, because we get intense into our game we don't remember to save the game all the time and all the sudden we get a crash of the game, and with this autosave why not add a selection of timers so we can choose from 5,10,15,30 min intervals so we won't have to constant remember to save the game.

My 2 beans.
fenixguy

Re: Game Save Issue that i just had.

Post by fenixguy »

I feel your pain. I learned in FS2011 that you save often. My game froze up after around 2 hours of planting fields and it froze while I was saving!! Had to hard reset. When I came back I didn't have any vehicles, crops in storage, bales, all the fields were bare... Luckily I had some backups so I didn't have to go back too far. That taught me really quick that any time it remotely crosses your mind, you save!
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

There is already an auto save mod.

I'm against auto save because sometimes i sell all my equipment to get money and test mods / a tractor im interesred in getting. If the game auto saved during that i would completly ruin my game...

If i forget to save and do something stupid, or haven't saved in a few hours and loose power or whatever i can just redo the lost work...

What i tend to do is save after completing any task... And i got into the habit of saving before midnight in game time due to soil mod...
PC gamer.
rikor420

Post by rikor420 »

Beastbubba wrote:There is already an auto save mod.

I'm against auto save because sometimes i sell all my equipment to get money and test mods / a tractor im interesred in getting. If the game auto saved during that i would completly ruin my game...

If i forget to save and do something stupid, or haven't saved in a few hours and loose power or whatever i can just redo the lost work...

What i tend to do is save after completing any task... And i got into the habit of saving before midnight in game time due to soil mod...
We would still have the backup that you can return to the old ones, you can also have enable or disable autosaves in your options.
John T.

Post by John T. »

I seen this mod but haven't tried it yet "AutoSave Mod v2.0" http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... -mod-v2-0/ , maybe give that a try
rikor420

Post by rikor420 »

Yea mods are cool to help the autosave for the game, but this is suppose to be Giants issue. But hey guess thats the only way to get it to work is to use a mod from somebodies idea and not Giants Idea pretty sad though. hehe
PsychoFarmer

Post by PsychoFarmer »

Beastbubba wrote:There is already an auto save mod.

I agree I would not like a auto save function, I can understand why some people would want one. Everytime I go into the menus I save, everytime I pause save, pretty much anything I do I save takes all of 20 seconds :lol:
Console: PS4 FS19 Felsbrunn ... UK