Disappointed with Hired Help

W1der

Re: Disappointed with Hired Help

Post by W1der »

fenixguy wrote:
W1der wrote:... that said.
I agree there are "some issues" with the hired help. :blushnew:

Last time I looked in on this guy, he was doing a great job ... just finishing of the last row on the field behind him ...
When I came back to him I found him like this (stuck on one of the straw bales, way "down hill") ... not sure where he was going at all ... :confusednew:

That made me laugh... That guy is so fired!

Before I got the GPS mod for 13 and 15, (and now I'm on console so, :frown: ) when using the big stuff, I line it up at the end of the field and hire the worker. At the end I make the turn, line it up and hire the worker. This doesn't save me any time or money, but it does assure straight lines, no overlap, and good turns at the headlands.... Unless I run into a tree. Which has happened.

To expand on my previous post, I do think the AI is improved a lot since the last game. However, it's not perfect and you still have to do some monitoring and finishing sometimes. Oh well, I'm a slow and steady player anyway so it doesn't hold me up too much. I'm anxious to try the hired help on a tedder and a rake. That's my two least favorite hay jobs. I will NOT let me hired hand mow for me. That's too much fun.
Lucky for him ... when I found my tractor like that ... he had already left ... (that is "me" in the tractor, trying to get it off) ... :rolleyesnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

The helpers are quite good with obstacles in the map, but every piece of equipment left in their way stops them for good. And if you have more than one tractor on a field, the helpers won't agree on who is supposed to yield.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

The AI is a slight improvement over FS15, but let's not kid ourselves, it isn't much better. It still requires an absurd amount of room for manoeuvring, far more than it should need. It still misses bits when using large equipment. Even if you manually create a headland, it will still either plow right through it or turn the tool off too early. It sees some obstacles, but completely ignores others. At the end of the day, it requires as much babysitting as it did in FS15, but FS15 had one advantage - it was predictable. You could set your fields up in such a way that would guarantee a certain AI behaviour. In FS17, this often is not the case. There's room for much improvement and I hope that the next iteration will finally deliver a comprehensive AI helper. God knows I'd prefer that to yet another brand of similarly looking and performing farm equipment.
W1der

Post by W1der »

fenixguy wrote:
W1der wrote:... that said.
I agree there are "some issues" with the hired help. :blushnew:

Last time I looked in on this guy, he was doing a great job ... just finishing of the last row on the field behind him ...
When I came back to him I found him like this (stuck on one of the straw bales, way "down hill") ... not sure where he was going at all ... :confusednew:

That made me laugh... That guy is so fired!

Before I got the GPS mod for 13 and 15, (and now I'm on console so, :frown: ) when using the big stuff, I line it up at the end of the field and hire the worker. At the end I make the turn, line it up and hire the worker. This doesn't save me any time or money, but it does assure straight lines, no overlap, and good turns at the headlands.... Unless I run into a tree. Which has happened.

To expand on my previous post, I do think the AI is improved a lot since the last game. However, it's not perfect and you still have to do some monitoring and finishing sometimes. Oh well, I'm a slow and steady player anyway so it doesn't hold me up too much. I'm anxious to try the hired help on a tedder and a rake. That's my two least favorite hay jobs. I will NOT let me hired hand mow for me. That's too much fun.
Well ... here we go again !
Just spotted "her" coming down hill ... at rather high speed also ... :lol:

[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Have noticed that if you stop and restart a worker they make a pigs ear of it
Bones959

Post by Bones959 »

Alexandro wrote:The helpers are quite good with obstacles in the map, but every piece of equipment left in their way stops them for good. And if you have more than one tractor on a field, the helpers won't agree on who is supposed to yield.
Can't expect too much from them. Watch how they drive their own vehicles. They have no clue what a stop sign means :confusednew:
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

My main issue with the hired help is that with a front cultivator and rear fertilizer+sower, there are problems. It all starts out fine, but part way across the field the help gets lazy and can sometimes leave the edge of the field untouched. I play (mostly) on PS4.