Grass bale question.

Pilot_76

Grass bale question.

Post by Pilot_76 »

After using the tedder I assumed that now grass turned into dried grass. Is it hay already? Anyway, what can be done with a wrapped round bale made of dried grass/hay? Besides selling it at the barn...
fenixguy

Re: Grass bale question.

Post by fenixguy »

Wrapped hay/ grass bales both turn into silage. You can either sell them at the barn, like you said, or you can sell them at the BGA for the same price plus a little slurry as a bonus, or you can feed them to cows as silage or use the mixer to make "power food" or TMR as it's called. The only reason to tedder grass is to make hay for the cows.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

I haven't wraped any hay bales, but they should remain hay... hay can not be fermented into silage since it is dry. The game may still turn it into silage though...

Wrapped grass bales turn into silage and can the be sold at barn, biogass plant, or used for animal feed

Hay can only be sold at barn or used as animal feed.
PC gamer.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Beastbubba wrote:I haven't wraped any hay bales, but they should remain hay... hay can not be fermented into silage since it is dry. The game may still turn it into silage though...

Wrapped grass bales turn into silage and can the be sold at barn, biogass plant, or used for animal feed

You are correct about hay bales into silage IRL. I was referring to in game mechanics only. That being said, I haven't tried wrapping any hay bales in 17. In 13 and 15 hay bales wrapped became silage.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

fenixguy wrote:
Beastbubba wrote:I haven't wraped any hay bales, but they should remain hay... hay can not be fermented into silage since it is dry. The game may still turn it into silage though...

You are correct about hay bales into silage IRL. I was referring to in game mechanics only. That being said, I haven't tried wrapping any hay bales in 17. In 13 and 15 hay bales wrapped became silage.
Yea, i guessed it might...

I miss bale extension :frown:
PC gamer.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

fenixguy wrote:

In this game, wrapped hay does in fact turn to silage. Best not to wrap it if you need hay. if you want wrapped silage, then no need for the extra tedder step.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

I turned f12 into a grass field and extended it. I just mow, bale and wrap that's it. Throw them into the barn for 1470 each. My field usually does about 70k worth. The grass grows back really quick which is a bonus. I usually do this while waiting for my crops to grow in other fields it's a good source of income.
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Frantic Farmer wrote:I turned f12 into a grass field and extended it. I just mow, bale and wrap that's it. Throw them into the barn for 1470 each. My field usually does about 70k worth. The grass grows back really quick which is a bonus. I usually do this while waiting for my crops to grow in other fields it's a good source of income.
Throw them in the BGA and get the same price and some slurry to boot.
Matt4president16

Post by Matt4president16 »

Frantic Farmer wrote:I turned f12 into a grass field and extended it. I just mow, bale and wrap that's it. Throw them into the barn for 1470 each. My field usually does about 70k worth. The grass grows back really quick which is a bonus. I usually do this while waiting for my crops to grow in other fields it's a good source of income.
I did the same thing but with field 15. Thinking about changing to field 12 now though. I am only getting about 30k each time an additional 40k would be well worth it.
Matt4president16

Post by Matt4president16 »

fenixguy wrote:
Throw them in the BGA and get the same price and some slurry to boot.
I will probably do this as my 40 pigs aren't making it fast enough.
Johndeereman4250

Post by Johndeereman4250 »

Question with baling. I mowed hay then baled it which should make a grass bale. After that I mowed then used a Tedder and I baled that. Then I loaded one of the hay bales into the mixer then dumped it in the cow trough and then loaded one of the dried hay bales and dumped it into the trough. I looked at my screen and it only filled up just the silage/hay section. If I'm right I would think that the dried bale should be hay the grass bale should fill up grass.
All Deere All day
FS19 addict. Ravenport XBONE
๐Ÿšœ๐Ÿšœ๐Ÿšœ๐Ÿšœ
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Johndeereman4250 wrote:Question with baling. I mowed hay then baled it which should make a grass bale. After that I mowed then used a Tedder and I baled that. Then I loaded one of the hay bales into the mixer then dumped it in the cow trough and then loaded one of the dried hay bales and dumped it into the trough. I looked at my screen and it only filled up just the silage/hay section. If I'm right I would think that the dried bale should be hay the grass bale should fill up grass.
Hay = Dried Grass

Grass = No tedder

Silage = wrapped grass bale, or fermented chaff out of a bunker

If you didn't wrap the grass bale it should have added grass to your cow's feed trough. When making TMR for cows grass and hay both count as the same ingredient.

Hope that helps...
PC gamer.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Amen brother! I am actually turning all my 7 fields into grass to make some extra cash. Each wrapped bale silage sells for 980 on hard at least thats a fixed price plus grass grows fast and only need to use the weeder to fertile. Crops and animals take forever to make cash on.

Didnt think you can sell them at the barn also..is it also 980? Do you guys know if you can use the conveyor belts to load bales into the silage bean at the bio gas?
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

wrapping grass bales is very time consuming, but pays off in a big way. field 14 produces 30 wrapped bales, on normal mode that's about 44000 dollars. if I planted that field to regular crops I might make 15000 dollars plus pay for seeding and fertilizing.
Alienware PC.
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

Matt4president16 wrote:
I did the same thing but with field 15. Thinking about changing to field 12 now though. I am only getting about 30k each time an additional 40k would be well worth it.
There is a nice grass bit at the back of the shed just near f12. I chopped down the 7 or so trees mowed it and it was ready to go, you should get another 12 bales out of that. You'll need a stump cutter don't forget.
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi: