seed pallets

Simon93

seed pallets

Post by Simon93 »

How can I get a lot of seed up to my farm? I've just tried putting a load of seed from pallets in a trailer and unloading it then tried filling it up with my seeder and it didn't work. Do I need an auger wagon?
GIGAByte HD7950, Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHZ, Asus P8Z77-V, 8GB ram, CM STORM XORNET mouse, Razer Deathstalker Expert Keyboard.
WolfeUK

Re: seed pallets

Post by WolfeUK »

Although you can put seeds into a auger wagon it wont fill your seeder, only way ive done it is to pour onto the floor and pick it up using a tractor with the shovel attachment then fill your seeder
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

You are a PC player so there are mods that 1) Have 5000 l containers 2) Have front loader lifting forks that can pick up multiple containers at once 3) Have Auger wagons that can be filled and unladed with any material but wood beams, so you can empty containers in them 4) Have trailers that can auto-load containers and more...
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
andhe78

Post by andhe78 »

WolfeUK wrote:Although you can put seeds into a auger wagon it wont fill your seeder
This is incorrect, I've filled the four largest seeders in the game with the auger wagons, not sure about the little seeders.

Other ways of filling seeders on console: The manure fork for the tractors will handle two pallets very easily, I'll run the seeder on a tractor with a loader and two pallets, then unhook and fill the seeder when it runs dry. You can also fill a tipper then instead of dumping it on the ground, you can dump into a loader bucket.
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

When i tried it just put the seeds on the floor under the seeder, i then got so much hate from real farmers cause i didnt know this would be the case lol
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

WolfeUK wrote:When i tried it just put the seeds on the floor under the seeder, i then got so much hate from real farmers cause i didnt know this would be the case lol
Yea I don't really know what the deal is with this. So many people on here are saying that you can load seeders with the Auger wagons, but from my own testing it doesn't work.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Null

Post by Null »

jenna_q wrote:
WolfeUK wrote:When i tried it just put the seeds on the floor under the seeder, i then got so much hate from real farmers cause i didnt know this would be the case lol
Yea I don't really know what the deal is with this. So many people on here are saying that you can load seeders with the Auger wagons, but from my own testing it doesn't work.
I believe it has to be an auger wagon that has a pipe.
andhe78

Post by andhe78 »

Null wrote:
jenna_q wrote:
I believe it has to be an auger wagon that has a pipe.
You also don't use the unload anywhere feature. Make sure your lid is open, hit the right spot and it just starts filling in its own.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Null wrote:I believe it has to be an auger wagon that has a pipe.
By definition an auger wagon has a "pipe". That is the auger. :lol:

I've tried it a little bit and had no luck. Was able to load with a front loader. But with the seeder lid open and moving the wagon every which way, I couldn't get it to load. Tried it with seeder folded, unfolded, tried front, back, nothing would do it. I didn't use the "unload here" since I know that would pile it on the ground.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Simon93

Post by Simon93 »

If it makes any difference i'm using the "vaderstad rapid a 600s" just thought it would of been easier to fill a trailer full of seed rather than taking them up to my farm 2 at a time
GIGAByte HD7950, Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHZ, Asus P8Z77-V, 8GB ram, CM STORM XORNET mouse, Razer Deathstalker Expert Keyboard.
OneAmongOthers

Post by OneAmongOthers »

It's odd seeing people complain (I use this loosely for the most part) about having to work pallets to fill their seeders... I mean in RL this is how it's done. Actually they probably have to heft 50lb bags of seeds off the pallets to load it into the seeders. I mean some seeders have stairs on them just for that. They don't have unlimited bins where seeds magically fill them. Take your time and stock up a load of seeds and fertilizer. Buy in bulk and load it onto a trailer then haul it back to your farm. Or use the mod that has a placable seeder and fertilizer filler. Farming simulator is about simulating a realistic (for the most part) feeling of working and being on a farm. Expect A lot of manual labor.
Null

Post by Null »

fenixguy wrote:

I've tried it a little bit and had no luck. Was able to load with a front loader. But with the seeder lid open and moving the wagon every which way, I couldn't get it to load. Tried it with seeder folded, unfolded, tried front, back, nothing would do it. I didn't use the "unload here" since I know that would pile it on the ground.
Isn't there auger wagons that use conveyors in the game?
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

OneAmongOthers wrote:It's odd seeing people complain (I use this loosely for the most part) about having to work pallets to fill their seeders... I mean in RL this is how it's done. Actually they probably have to heft 50lb bags of seeds off the pallets to load it into the seeders. I mean some seeders have stairs on them just for that. They don't have unlimited bins where seeds magically fill them. Take your time and stock up a load of seeds and fertilizer. Buy in bulk and load it onto a trailer then haul it back to your farm. Or use the mod that has a placable seeder and fertilizer filler. Farming simulator is about simulating a realistic (for the most part) feeling of working and being on a farm. Expect A lot of manual labor.
I know right.... I buy 12 usually at a time... less time investment in making mulitple trips...load up the Marshal bale trailer... 6 to a side.. I load 1 and strap it...repeat...that way if you bump it it doesnt move... you can practically push the trailer on its side they hold so good...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Null wrote:
fenixguy wrote:

Isn't there auger wagons that use conveyors in the game?
then it wouldn't be an "auger" wagon... I know of no conveyor wagon available in game..

here we call them chaser bins... and a lot of the examples I have seen are tracked not wheeled... but are AUGERED same as the harvester...
Last edited by cr41g_1965 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Null wrote:Isn't there auger wagons that use conveyors in the game?
I was mostly just jerkin' your chain. But no, an auger wagon, or chaser bin, or overloader, or grain cart... uses an auger to move grain up and out of a pipe.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!