Yield fields, fertilizers, livestock data

DukaSoft

Re: Yield fields, fertilizers, livestock data

Post by DukaSoft »

Beastofwar wrote:I already sow soybeans only on all my fields but one. On that other one i rotate between all animal foods.

In fs15 that was canola.

Makes you wonder about RL....why would you plant something that goes for a low price ?
This is why;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_rotation
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Spank

Post by Spank »

Beastbubba wrote:
mackintosh wrote:
NateS wrote: Not sure you are doing the math correctly. Soybean yield is half of wheat but sells for 3X wheat. Very profitable and uses less room in your silo!
Which is exactly what I'm saying? Wheat and barley are a complete waste of effort, unless you need straw, in which case you can plant them once in a blue moon. Otherwise, with canola severely gimped, it's basically soybeans and sunflower all the way.
Actually if you sell the straw wheat and barley will both earn more than soy...
Yeah i agree, especially if you can a afford to hold the barley until a $750/t price comes.
DukaSoft wrote:
Beastofwar wrote:I already sow soybeans only on all my fields but one. On that other one i rotate between all animal foods.

In fs15 that was canola.

Makes you wonder about RL....why would you plant something that goes for a low price ?
Its like RL, its all bout demand, just like the worldwide market.

To be honest i actually check out what the other farmers are plantin and plant the opposite, just clever business :biggrin2:
THZ IZ DAT GUY :this:

FS11 - 15 PC
FS15 - 17 Xbox One

Xbox One Gamer - New Zealand
TopSoil

Post by TopSoil »

It's important to incorporate yields into your choices of crops to grow. Not just price. And also straw, that's super good too even if it's not obvious.

Personally, I do not see a single crop that is far and away better than the others. I note that canola produces a bit more per hectare than sunflower, which is again a bit more production than soy - and prices for these these are inversely related. Thus, while soy is the highest price by about 7% or so, it also produces similarly less yield per area.

I think Sunflowers look like they are more profitable when combining yield and price, so I do tend to plant a bit more of those than the other two. But otherwise, with minor exceptions, I try to plant roughly equal amounts of these.

I use exclusively canola for the portion of pig feed that can be either canola/sunflower/soybean - because they are the lowest value and highest yield. Thus, my pigs' protein consumes a slightly smaller number of hectares.

I always plant a fair bit of barley/wheat too - I actually think when you add in the straw, these two produce more profit per hectare - but it's a bit more work to go pick it all up and sell it (or put in animal pens). So I call that kind of even .. ish.

Potato and beets clearly are far more profitable per hectare than anything else -- however even one medium sized field will crush the price, so you can't realistically concentrate. Also, they are more work by far. Similar, I expect, for wood chips via poplars - I haven't harvested yet but I fully expect I'm going to ruin the price of those with one field, since just clearing land for greenhouses crushed it in 3 tippers of chips.

Overall, I think Giants has done a marvelous job of balance here with yields, prices, and work playing roles.

Right now on Silvercrest, my typical cycle (with daily alterations) is something like this.

1) I plant wheat/barley on the three fields close to the homestead - this makes it easier/faster to pick up all the straw and sell it.
2) I plant beets/potato on field 11, right next to the train. Alternate, so price crushing or poor pricing at the Mill doesn't ruin it.
3) I use the field east of homestead across the tracks for grass. I alternate plain grass with grass that I bale and wrap, and push the silage bales into the barn for money. Sometimes make silage in a pit for the extra 2k scoops that round out a TMR mix, and sometimes make hay.
4) I own most all of the fields surrounding the huge #5 field northwest of homestead. And I own the three medium fields south of homestead, just north of the highway. I tend to group these by header type -- so maybe one day I'll plant 2 soybean and 1 canola in the south, and plant 2 sunflower and 3 corn in the northwest
5) am saving for field 5, and I've just purchased forage harvester - so in last two cycles I've done more corn than normal to make silage, and I've planted a couple fields of poplars. Thrown off my approach, as I'm halfway neglecting the grains right now - I figure with field 5, and maybe the #23 I think just south of the highway, I can regain the balance of all crop types and thus continue to achieve high profitability at good prices, without overweighting that impacts market balance.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

I guess what i did with canola in FS15 and soy beans in FS17 is that they pay well for a single trip to the selling point.

I'm not too interested having 2-3 trips to the far ends of the map for the same money of a single trip just because that grain has a lower price but more volume per field. Let alone i need to bale leftover straw for money as well to be just as profitable. That's why i will use only trains and Maplefield ( when high demand ) for beets and potatoes.....

I noticed if i ditch large volumes ( 1/3 of the map fields) of soy beans on the market AI farmers appear to avoid planting that for a while. Or they are crop rotating and it's just coincidence. When im the only one that has soy beans and im withholding it, it's easy to get a high price.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

In fs15 that was canola.

IRL its best to rotate your crops, its not good for the soil, and you lose some yield by not rotating. We always had to plant more corn due to needing it for Hog feed, but you do tend to lose some in yield that way, but most of our land we rotated between corn and soybeans.

Now if your purely a grain farmer IRL, then you tend to watch markets and plant accordingly, and the majority of the time corn will always make you the most money of any crops here in Indiana where Ive always farmed. Corn after Corn you can get by , but you really coast yourself in yield with soybeans after soybeans, and soybeans is harder on your soil when you go back to back with soybeans. Corn you can get away with back to back, and some even have fields that are continous corn, but when you go corn after corn, you have to use rootworm insecticide as your likely to have issues. Many, many years ago, back in the early 80's we learned that the hard way, and let me tell you its no fun trying to harvest down corn due to rootworm,lol.

What I have noticed with this game, is they really dont have the corn yield nearly high enough compared to other crops, like for instance corn should more than double wheat yield, and be more than 3 times that of soybeans.
crash

Post by crash »

How many liters per ha will the Slurry, manure, fertiliser and liquid fertiliser spreaders put on the field? And at what cost if you put a Ai worker to do it with a empty spreader? And the worker cost per hour is?

The bredal spreader is driven at 20km/h (20.000m)and is 24 meters wide= 480.000m2 an hour. (48ha)
The biggest veenhius Slurry spreader are driven at 17km/h(17.000m) and spreads 30m wide=510.000m2/h (51ha)
The Joskin tornado are driven at 20km/h (20.000m) and sprays 15m wide=300.000m2/h (30ha)
The self prospered sprayer are driven at 12km/h(12.000m)and sprays 36m wide= 432.000m2/h.. (42,3ha)

So in reality the biggest isent the best. The bredal spreader comes out great for its initial cost. So what is the cost per ha to run these things on a worker, and with the worker buying the product?
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Motoventurer

Post by Motoventurer »

Hello Niko,

I've done some testing myself, but it looks like I do have slightly different values for yield and seed usage... hm for example canola with ~11600 l/ha (with plowing and 3x fertilizing). The differences between the crops seem to be similar to yours. Most of the time I used Field 24, but also did some testing on field 21.

Has someone compared the values? Do you have less yield?

@crash

on hard the worker seems to cost about 33€ / min.

Cheers
Martin
Nicko87

Post by Nicko87 »

crash wrote:How many liters per ha will the Slurry, manure, fertiliser and liquid fertiliser spreaders put on the field? And at what cost if you put a Ai worker to do it with a empty spreader? And the worker cost per hour is?

The bredal spreader is driven at 20km/h (20.000m)and is 24 meters wide= 480.000m2 an hour. (48ha)
The biggest veenhius Slurry spreader are driven at 17km/h(17.000m) and spreads 30m wide=510.000m2/h (51ha)
The Joskin tornado are driven at 20km/h (20.000m) and sprays 15m wide=300.000m2/h (30ha)
The self prospered sprayer are driven at 12km/h(12.000m)and sprays 36m wide= 432.000m2/h.. (42,3ha)

So in reality the biggest isent the best. The bredal spreader comes out great for its initial cost. So what is the cost per ha to run these things on a worker, and with the worker buying the product?
About fertilizer, I did some analysis. Check if you want.
At the end, I agree with the fertilizer that use solid (chemical) is better (like BREDAL F2WS 4000). Cos' higher speed process. And at least, the ridiculus price (respect to the all tools) is good!

Only one thing: controll the real range wide. For example: the module for TerraDos (...ok, is a mod, not original equip....) is not correct. I don't remember now the real value, but in any case for this type of investigation I suggest the "Measure" MOD (from ModHub) ;)
Nicko87

Post by Nicko87 »

Motoventurer wrote:Hello Niko,

I've done some testing myself, but it looks like I do have slightly different values for yield and seed usage... hm for example canola with ~11600 l/ha (with plowing and 3x fertilizing). The differences between the crops seem to be similar to yours. Most of the time I used Field 24, but also did some testing on field 21.

Has someone compared the values? Do you have less yield?

Cheers
Martin

Hello Motoventurer,

first I made this value I think when there was 1.2.0. version... So I hope not, but maybe some change with last versions.... :\
Normally I threshed a field, with a know head lenght of the machine and then I measured the lenght of the run, with high precision (---> "Measure MOD on ModHub").
So I know how many liters for that value of square meters, so then I made the proportion for 1 ha.

I remember you I did in Hard difficulty, in field with no plowing and no fertilizations.
I make at least two diffent threshed for better security of the datas...

I do not know what else to tell you :confusednew: :mrgreen:

Thank you for participating in the discussion

Bye
Nicko
Motoventurer

Post by Motoventurer »

Hi Nicko,

hm. On the german side of the forum, another guy did something similar and his values does correspond with mine (klickme).

I did my testing on hard modus like you.What I changed was in the options deselect the plowing (that i get the bonus without doing it) and changed the grow speed to fast.

Then planting, 3x fertilizing, harvesting of the complete field 24 (size 1,05 ha). harvested 12221 l of canola -> ~11600 l/ha.

Wheat l/ha 17749
Barley l/ha 19143
Canola l/ha 11563
Soybean l/ha 8987
Corn l/ha 18464
Sunflower l/ha 10437
potato l/ha 82815
sugarbeet l/ha 115629
grass l/ha 86263
straw l/ha 70175

This is max. yield. But when I double your values, they are higher than mine.

Looks like the most lucrative is grass->silage bails (22.000 €/ha).

Cya
Martin
Nicko87

Post by Nicko87 »

Motoventurer wrote:Hi Nicko,

hm. On the german side of the forum, another guy did something similar and his values does correspond with mine (klickme).

I did my testing on hard modus like you.What I changed was in the options deselect the plowing (that i get the bonus without doing it) and changed the grow speed to fast.

Then planting, 3x fertilizing, harvesting of the complete field 24 (size 1,05 ha). harvested 12221 l of canola -> ~11600 l/ha.

Wheat l/ha 17749
Barley l/ha 19143
Canola l/ha 11563
Soybean l/ha 8987
Corn l/ha 18464
Sunflower l/ha 10437
potato l/ha 82815
sugarbeet l/ha 115629
grass l/ha 86263
straw l/ha 70175

This is max. yield. But when I double your values, they are higher than mine.

Looks like the most lucrative is grass->silage bails (22.000 €/ha).

Cya
Martin
Dear Martin,

I repeat your test on field 24, with canola. (but I did with no plow, no fertilizing, growth normal): I found 6111 liters, so 5820 liter/hectar. If it is doubles gets your 11640 l/ha! So good.
But only two things:

- I had already written an error in the ± 5% (for many reason);
- and my value in presentation and your result differ in the order of 3%, so good this too (canola case for this example) ;)

I appreciate your control/investigation! :hi:

Bye
Nicko
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Nicko87 wrote:Hello everyone, I hope this data will be useful. :smileynew:
I ran several tests and posted on my steam profile.

Yield fields, fertilizers, livestock data:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =805367551
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =806705870
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =807628207

Hello,
Nicko
FANTASTIC! Great work. Thank you very much for sharing this information. It is very generous of you. :smileynew:
Nicko87

Post by Nicko87 »

Dogface wrote:
Nicko87 wrote:Hello everyone, I hope this data will be useful. :smileynew:
I ran several tests and posted on my steam profile.

Yield fields, fertilizers, livestock data:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =805367551
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =806705870
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =807628207

Hello,
Nicko
FANTASTIC! Great work. Thank you very much for sharing this information. It is very generous of you. :smileynew:
Oh thank you! I see only now here... We will see on Steam :hi:

Nicko
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Your welcome.

And there are new guides too...

Allevamento maiali - breeding pigs <FS17>
Allevamento percore - breeding sheeps <FS17>
Forestale - Forestry <FS17>

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nicko87/my ... pid=447020