Dig holes with excavators etc. when will it be possible?

hanchi

Dig holes with excavators etc. when will it be possible?

Post by hanchi »

hello. i want to dig holes and create new canals and other stuff.

can you guys please add this to the game. let us wreak havoc on the soil if we please!!

thanks
chaseydog

Re: Dig holes with excavators etc. when will it be possible?

Post by chaseydog »

Farming Simulator does not have deformable terain so ditch digging is a beyond what the current engine can do.
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Dont hold your breath, never in 17 and i doubt in 19
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Much rather have dynamic terrain (farm expert 17, spintires) than deformable terrain (construction sim, red faction)

This has been said many times already, but ill say it again. This is a farming sim not a construction sim.
PC gamer.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

Beastbubba wrote:Much rather have dynamic terrain (farm expert 17, spintires) than deformable terrain (construction sim, red faction)

This has been said many times already, but ill say it again. This is a farming sim not a construction sim.
Farmers don't own their own train system to load up and take for a spin up and down the track whenever they wish but hey... guess what? And forestry... yep, we got that too. Go figure.

..... but yet - ideas like "fishery", or having the option to level land, or toss in our own paths, isn't an interest because it has nothing to do with farming. After all... the title is "Farming Sim" not "level your freakin land so we can create more room for fields" sim.

I'd love to have an excavator too... so I can dig out some of those damn bushes Giants keeps putting in the map.

Dynamic terrain would be great. But at the end of the day... it's just eye-candy. At least terrain editing has a purpose.

I don't care if it comes in the form of an excavator, magic wand, or a stick of dynamite. I just want to be able to level land so I can use some of it (after clearing it) for placeables and/or fields.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

muzickmage wrote:
Beastbubba wrote:Much rather have dynamic terrain (farm expert 17, spintires) than deformable terrain (construction sim, red faction)

Farmers don't own their own train system to load up and take for a spin up and down the track whenever they wish but hey... guess what? And forestry... yep, we got that too. Go figure.

..... but yet - ideas like "fishery", or having the option to level land, or toss in our own paths, isn't an interest because it has nothing to do with farming. After all... the title is "Farming Sim" not "level your freakin land so we can create more room for fields" sim.

I'd love to have an excavator too... so I can dig out some of those damn bushes Giants keeps putting in the map.

The train is stupid, i dont like it and dont know why they added it....

Forestry is considered a type of farming and generally i just use it to clear land to make feilds bigger.

Fisheries could be added, it is a type of farming. The ponds could be made placable objects maybe?

With dynamic terrain you would be able to smooth the land out enough to farm it. Example, those little hilly areas in the grass at the main farm on goldcrest.

The bushes are very annoying and should be able to be removed with something ingame, stump gronder, chainsaw, mower, roller, just something.......
PC gamer.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

Beastbubba wrote:
muzickmage wrote:

The train is stupid, i dont like it and dont know why they added it....

Forestry is considered a type of farming and generally i just use it to clear land to make feilds bigger.

Fisheries could be added, it is a type of farming. The ponds could be made placable objects maybe?

With dynamic terrain you would be able to smooth the land out enough to farm it. Example, those little hilly areas in the grass at the main farm on goldcrest.

The bushes are very annoying and should be able to be removed with something ingame, stump gronder, chainsaw, mower, roller, just something.......
I agree. Forestry is a type of farming... as is mining. You can farm ore. Dynamic terrain would be a great asset if it did allow for leveling out some of the smaller hills a bit for using. But outside of that, i'm not all that interested in playing in the dirt just to see my tires spit mud all over the place. I can play spin tires for that. (just saying).
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Flame thrower.... to those *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* bushes.

Whoever thought those were a good idea needs a *censored* slap to the face with a folding chair. God I hate those bushes. (Breathes)

I think fish would be cool. I'd love to see an excavator for working in the BGA or manure pits.
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

hanchi wrote:hello. i want to dig holes and create new canals and other stuff.

can you guys please add this to the game. let us wreak havoc on the soil if we please!!

thanks
FS21, probably.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

muzickmage wrote:I agree. Forestry is a type of farming... as is mining. You can farm ore.
farm

noun
1. an area of land and its buildings used for growing crops and rearing animals, typically under the control of one owner or manager.
synonyms: ranch, farmstead, plantation, estate, family farm, dairy farm, hobby farm
verb
1.make one's living by growing crops or keeping livestock.
"he has farmed organically for five years"
synonyms: work the land, be a farmer, cultivate the land; rear livestock
"he farmed locally"

While you can grow trees and harvest them, I don't think anyone would confuse mining with farming. I've never seen a diamond planter (could that be no till option? :lol: ).

All that being said, there are far too many aspects of farming that have not been included in the game. I would rather have the developers focus on including them then spending their time on deformable terrain. Dynamic terrain, yes; but no excavating. Although, from the amount of threads like this, I can see that a mining simulator and an earth moving simulator would be pretty popular.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

fenixguy wrote:
muzickmage wrote:I agree. Forestry is a type of farming... as is mining. You can farm ore.
farm

noun
1. an area of land and its buildings used for growing crops and rearing animals, typically under the control of one owner or manager.
synonyms: ranch, farmstead, plantation, estate, family farm, dairy farm, hobby farm
verb
1.make one's living by growing crops or keeping livestock.
"he has farmed organically for five years"
synonyms: work the land, be a farmer, cultivate the land; rear livestock
"he farmed locally"

While you can grow trees and harvest them, I don't think anyone would confuse mining with farming. I've never seen a diamond planter (could that be no till option? :lol: ).

All that being said, there are far too many aspects of farming that have not been included in the game. I would rather have the developers focus on including them then spending their time on deformable terrain. Dynamic terrain, yes; but no excavating. Although, from the amount of threads like this, I can see that a mining simulator and an earth moving simulator would be pretty popular.
I hope you're keeping in mind that a dictionary is NOT a collection of "facts"... but rather.... it is a collection of "generally accepted terms and definitions". Just because the majority believe something to be true... doesn't mean it is. (just saying).

As for the use of the word "farm" (as a verb) when referring to "ore".... it is (again, according to general use of the English vocabulary) correct English.

To farm is to gather (a resource from/out of another resource).
To farm is to extract (a resource from/out of another resource).
..... each statement is a correct use of English grammer as taught , and applies as well to ore.

Whether or not anyone would "confuse mining with farming" .... is irrelevant.
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

You'd be surprised how much digging goes on on farm's in real life. Putting drainage in fields and so on.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

trogladitez wrote: You'd be surprised how much digging goes on on farm's in real life. Putting drainage in fields and so on.
Too right, it is most definitely part of every farmers work.
I would very much like to see ability to dig ditches, flatten areas of land to place new sheds; hedge cutting/planting/removal, fencing adding/removal, ability and necessity to move animals around fields, crops affected or destroyed by weather, stray sheep that need rounding up, occasional crop diseases - these and many other things would add realism to the sim and they are not unreasonable to want to see included. The vehicle models are great, the physics is not bad now, but the overall realism of the environment could be improved a long way.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

I wonder what use be able to dig holes would be for farming....can only think of digging and maintaining irrigation channels.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

Beastofwar wrote:I wonder what use be able to dig holes would be for farming....can only think of digging and maintaining irrigation channels.
..... irrigation/sewage systems
..... installing wells
..... adding/re-routing streams (from mountains for well water)
..... structural foundations
..... Leveling/lowering/raising land
..... removing damaged soil

But, in FS17, i'd be happy to be able to just have terrain editing so I can level some of that land for new fields... as well as remove those pesky bushes.