Mods downloaded and not working

sawman61

Mods downloaded and not working

Post by sawman61 »

I have downloaded mods for 2017 to the download folder and then to the mods folder in 2017 and I cant get them to work they go in to the mods folder but that's it, they do not show up in the game. I was able to download 2 or 3 of them early in the game and now everything I try nothing shows up in the game I just tried some maps and nothing works
is anyone having this problem.
dairy stu

Re: Mods downloaded and not working

Post by dairy stu »

Are you ticking each new mod in the mod list before starting your game? if you dont then you will not be able to use the mod.
sawman61

Post by sawman61 »

Greetings
They don't show up in or on anything in the game to check they are in the mods folder but never show up in the game
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

sawman61 wrote:Greetings
They don't show up in or on anything in the game to check they are in the mods folder but never show up in the game
@dairysku just told you. When you start your savegame, it will make you check off the mods that you have before you even start the game, the mods page will show, and are you sure have it checked off/selected?
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
leeqnl

Post by leeqnl »

What file type are the mods? If they are .exe, you first have to install. Lot of mods from modhub are .exe files. The mod folder (and the game) only accepts .zip files.
sawman61

Post by sawman61 »

Greetings

I do appreciate all the help, When you start your save game, it will make you check off the mods that you have before you even start the game, the mods page will show, and are you sure have it checked off/selected? that is where they don't show up, everything I download and move to the mods folder doesn't work. I see other people on you tube like aurther chapman and Mistermoose using I try and nothing I am in the over 50 crowd farm-sim 15 was not that hard I am use to mods but this has me puzzled. I have a second copy for the grand kids and the wife on a laptop and I tried that tonight same thing sorry if it didn't look like I was great full for all the help I am
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

sawman61 wrote:Greetings

I do appreciate all the help, When you start your save game, it will make you check off the mods that you have before you even start the game, the mods page will show, and are you sure have it checked off/selected? that is where they don't show up, everything I download and move to the mods folder doesn't work. I see other people on you tube like aurther chapman and Mistermoose using I try and nothing I am in the over 50 crowd farm-sim 15 was not that hard I am use to mods but this has me puzzled. I have a second copy for the grand kids and the wife on a laptop and I tried that tonight same thing sorry if it didn't look like I was great full for all the help I am
So the mods aren't showing up on the mod pages before you start the game? Odd... Are you sure that you have the latest patch to FS17? https://www.farming-simulator.com/updates.php

How to post your log.txt
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Actually ... even better ... are you sure you are not trying to run FS15 mods? Been seeing a LOT of people trying FS15 mods and wondering why they don;t show up. FS15 mods will not work on FS17, so be sure you are indeed downloading mods specifically for FS17.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
sawman61

Post by sawman61 »

Hi JohnDeere318

yes exactly they don't show up in the mod page to check the before you start I have Steam account to keep all software up to date when I checked tonight it was 1.3.1.0 thanks
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

sawman61 wrote:Hi JohnDeere318

yes exactly they don't show up in the mod page to check the before you start I have Steam account to keep all software up to date when I checked tonight it was 1.3.1.0 thanks
That's good that you have the game updated, now we can get that out of the way. Did you try what @Faelandaea said? I would give that a go. :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

That and, if you look at JohnDeere's sig ... he linked instructions on posting your log. We might help you better if you do that, because if you are not putting right or compatible files into the mod folder, the log will say this when booting the game and as such let us know precisely what is going on with the files.

Also, Windows 7 and Windows 10 handle document folders differently. So you might be misunderstanding where the mods go. That happened to me, also. Especially on Truck Sim, but the same goes for Farm Sim. Windows 7 has people put their stuff into the user's path, even if we have a custom path for our main documents folder. In Windows 10, however, if we have a custom path for our documents folder, then the game will actually use that path.

So to be able to assist further, I'd say let's start with:
  1. Check your mod to be sure if it is for FS15 or FS17. If you are in doubt how to do this, open the mod file, open the xml file titled "moddesc", and look at the second line. It should say this:

Code: Select all

<modDesc descVersion="30">
    or

Code: Select all

<modDesc descVersion="31">
    If it says any LOWER desc numbers than that, then they are FS15 mods. I think FS15 mods are in their 20's. FS17 is in the 30's.
  2. If that fails, post your log file here. Then we can see what is going on with things.
  3. If the log file is clean, and mods still do not show up, then I am guessing that you are indeed placing mods in the wrong folder, possibly due to Windows version.
Then we can go from there.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.