LossBerg

erict43

Re: LossBerg

Post by erict43 »

eric21 wrote:
erict43 wrote:I have to agree with you there. They should release the game with more than just two maps, one of which is recycled. At the very least, they could recycle Bjornholm and Westbridge too. Pay OxygenDavid and BulletBill for a map conversion or two on top of that, and you launch with 6 maps instead of 2.
But those maps are free.
I meant they could have contracted with some top modders to develop the maps in advance of the game's release, so that they could be released with the base game. Effectively buying the rights to publish their work.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

But hows that going to work when modders only do this part time?
erict43

Post by erict43 »

eric21 wrote:But hows that going to work when modders only do this part time?
That's why I suggested payment. They do it now for free because they enjoy it. But if Giants wanted to release one of their maps with the game, they ought to be paid for their work, IMO. This is purely hypothetical, obviously, so I don't want to spend time working out details. But if I was running Giants, I would consider the modding community as a good place to find talented individuals to make content for the base game, if they were willing to turn their hobby into a paid job.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

erict43 wrote:
That's why I suggested payment. They do it now for free because they enjoy it. But if Giants wanted to release one of their maps with the game, they ought to be paid for their work, IMO. This is purely hypothetical, obviously, so I don't want to spend time working out details. But if I was running Giants, I would consider the modding community as a good place to find talented individuals to make content for the base game, if they were willing to turn their hobby into a paid job.
Yes I have suggested that idea before as well.
I also thought it would make sense if Giants bought the rights to some of the major mods like Courseplay, to add it to the vanilla game.
That means that everyone could benefit from Courseplay and there would be no waiting around for it to be released for new versions of FS.
Also it would free up the talented guys who make mods like that to work on new projects, rather than having to keep their other mods updated.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

BullFarmer wrote:
erict43 wrote:
Yes I have suggested that idea before as well.
I also thought it would make sense if Giants bought the rights to some of the major mods like Courseplay, to add it to the vanilla game.
That means that everyone could benefit from Courseplay and there would be no waiting around for it to be released for new versions of FS.
Also it would free up the talented guys who make mods like that to work on new projects, rather than having to keep their other mods updated.
I can't imagine Giants paying for courseplay just so players don't have to wait a couple weeks. it makes their game better at no cost or effort to Giants. Same with releasing with 1 new map and 1 recycled map. Soon there will be many maps to make the game look better at no cost or effort to Giants. If Giants were to pay modders for their work, it would be sold to us as DLC. Within a few months the games features/options probably more than double thanks to modders, at no cost or effort to Giants. During the time modders are doubling the in-game stuff, Giants is still fixing the day-1 bugs.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Farmer BeAn

Post by Farmer BeAn »

Keep up the great work. I'm on console and I know it's gonna take a bit longer to make sure things are perfect.
I think people are just getting to excited when PC has the maps n consoles don't yet. Giants didn't work there asses off to get mods for console user for them to not work hard to get the mods on console as well. As long as the map creator is willing to make the changes that giants ask them to make it'll make it to console
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

erict43 wrote:I have to agree with you there. They should release the game with more than just two maps, one of which is recycled. At the very least, they could recycle Bjornholm and Westbridge too. Pay OxygenDavid and BulletBill for a map conversion or two on top of that, and you launch with 6 maps instead of 2.
They want to pay modders to make the whole game for them, not just the maps.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

trogladitez wrote:
They want to pay modders to make the whole game for them, not just the maps.
I want to say 'excuse me'? I think this game is a community thing. some folks play it, some folks develop it, some folks improve it and act on the players wishes. for example, giants set a date to provide fs17 probably two years ahead of time. they had ideas of what they could do but it was just ideas and as the ideas became facts they made sure that the game was working with the facts provided. you want another map? are you tired of the two they provided? myself, I played over a hundred and fifty hours on the new sosnovka before I even started on goldcrest. i guess i am one of the older farmers here and even real farming changing because of the youth. they expect everything right off the bat. and then get tired of it too soon. oh well, back to lossberg... chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
kinjo

Post by kinjo »

i'm looking for a new 1TB HDD,
can anyone help me to find the best one?
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

kinjo wrote:i'm looking for a new 1TB HDD,
can anyone help me to find the best one?
Not sure what that has to do with Lossberg at all. You might want to start a thread for that to get more folks to answer your question. I build my own computers and know some perfect drives, but I am not going to hijack another thread to give that information out.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Rico4v4

Post by Rico4v4 »

JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I have a Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM Barracuda drive it works perfectly and a Seagate 1TB SSHD and works great. Any of those two I recommend. They are quiet and don't run too hot.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

SSD hard drives are the future.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Zetor9145 wrote:SSD hard drives are the future.
Yes they are indeed! Too bad they are so damn expensive! Until they get HDD price, 1TB, I am not buying one. :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

I got a 120GB hard drive for £40 on Amazon for my old laptop and to be honest it's plenty big enough what with all these dongles and memory cards etc you can buy nowadays.